Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does CMLL have actual music for entrances? Do they just not give a shit? Because there's no way they're paying for that shit.

Mexico's always just had any music as theme songs lol.

Not quite so. Dr. Wagner Jr. has "Bad Medicine" I believe by Bon Jovi, Rush has Chris Benoit's last theme song "whatever", and Atlantis for example uses one of the most popular songs by Vicente Fernandez who is probably the top recording artist in Mexico. I'd say they use less generic instrumental stuff than WWE does by comparison.

How does CMLL have actual music for entrances? Do they just not give a shit? Because there's no way they're paying for that shit.

American indies have used actual music for as long as I can remember. Some have stopped in recent years, but many still do. If I had to guess, I'd say that the companies who hold the copyright to the songs either don't know, or don't see it as a big enough issue to legally fight. I feel like being in different countries may be an additional roadblock if they were to pursue legal action.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is also at least thinking of making a similar move (similar to their UK plans) in Mexico, with the idea of more directly competing with CMLL. Many CMLL stars arent under contract, and a guarantee of being paid in US currency is very attractive to Mexican talents. Currently, one peso equals .045 US dollars. WWE sent a questionnaire to Mexican subscribers of the WWE Network, asking about their interest in different Mexican promotions, if theyd want them on the network, their thoughts on a Lucha Libre tournament on the network, and more localized regular content. The Mexico survey also talked about various price options, at $4.99, $7.99, $9.99 and $14.99.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-looking-to-make-a-move-into-mexico/

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the El Rey Network called for Lucha Undergrounds mid-season break. The sudden stop this season and the long delay until the next set of tapings is very worrisome for the talent, mainly because a lot of the talent are locked into contracts and may have opportunities elsewhere. Right now they are locked out of going to WWE, ROH or TNA. A lot of the talent is reportedly unhappy. The decision to suddenly end the season and restart over in the summer and then tape again in November reportedly surprised the people within the promotion. The way the contracts work, the talent only gets paid when they do television, so nobody will be paid, other than perhaps top names likeRey Mysterio, until November. Not only will they not get paid, but theyre also locked under contract. WWE is aggressive in signing talent, TNA is looking for fresh faces, and the Mexican talent, who can make far more for Lucha Underground and working in the US than they can at home, are really unhappy. El Rey is still pushing Lucha Underground as a flagship show.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/el-rey-called-for-lucha-undergrounds-mid-season-break/

Lol I doubt John Cena is really going to show up there. Probably just some Mexican dude in jorts.

Mini John Cena man. The mini just looks scary close to full size Cena much more than Mini Batista does. :P

LU:

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/dorian-roldan-pena-named-general-manager-lucha-libre-fmv

Wonder what that means for those who seem to have at least for the time burned some bridges with AAA. Thinking Sexy, Fenix and Jack.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the El Rey Network called for Lucha Undergrounds mid-season break. The sudden stop this season and the long delay until the next set of tapings is very worrisome for the talent, mainly because a lot of the talent are locked into contracts and may have opportunities elsewhere. Right now they are locked out of going to WWE, ROH or TNA. A lot of the talent is reportedly unhappy. The decision to suddenly end the season and restart over in the summer and then tape again in November reportedly surprised the people within the promotion. The way the contracts work, the talent only gets paid when they do television, so nobody will be paid, other than perhaps top names likeRey Mysterio, until November. Not only will they not get paid, but theyre also locked under contract. WWE is aggressive in signing talent, TNA is looking for fresh faces, and the Mexican talent, who can make far more for Lucha Underground and working in the US than they can at home, are really unhappy. El Rey is still pushing Lucha Underground as a flagship show.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/el-rey-called-for-lucha-undergrounds-mid-season-break/
Wow

Archived