Official WWE UK Championship Tournament Discussion Thread

ZEF

Just finsished watching day 1. I thought half of the show was really boring (random bits here and there) and the other half was awesome. Loved the venue, the crowd and presentation. I kind of expected the first round to be a little iffy to weed out the filler guys, but I was impressed by Bate the most and look forward to the rest of the tourney.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought most of the show was quite excellent. Unlike the cruiserweights, most of the guys looked bland at first glance, but most of their personalities shone through in how they carried themselves and how they wrestled. I find these guys much more interesting than most of the cruiserweights and much more convincing in oozing through who they are. That being said, I am starting to think that the mustache is kind of like the 90s long blonde hair of Britain. Oh well, I saw some unique people and some proper character. I had no specific expectations, but I like the tournament so far.

Also, H.C. Dyer looks like a fathead Jermaine Jenas.

Inside the Ropes spoke with Triple H and William Regal after the first night of the UK Championship Tournaments. Video and highlights are below:

Triple H on the chances of a UK PPV: I think that is a goal of WWE to be here in that way. Its a very difficult process with PPV schedules and coming to the UK or globally to perform live with a live TV component, following that up with RAW and SmackDown. Its a massive undertaking, trying to co-ordinate all that. There were 5 shows goin on tonight under WWE. We have somewhere between 18 to 21 trailer trucks that come to our events, its tough to get them over the ocean. Is it a goal? Yes and I think tonight was one step closer to that goal becoming a reality.

Regal on whether he will get in the ring with Pete Dunne: No, no. My days are long gone. No, no, no. All I ever wanted to be was a wrestler at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and anything after that was a bonus. Then after that I decided I wanted a twenty year career, then when I got to 20, I thought Id see if I could do another few and I ended up with a 30 year career, which is more than 95% of people who ever come into our industry. Im done.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-news-triple-h-hopes-for-uk-ppvs-regal-says-hes-retired-electric-chair-drops-on-wwe-fury/

Just watched night one. Thought it was alright, only really liked the three last matches and Andrew's match was pretty much a one man show. Main event was easily the MOTN. As far as the dudes that are in the quarters Gradwell and Devlin looked like they sucked.

What happened in Burch vs Devlin? Big blood boyz and weird finish. I did like the shit Finn Balor chants, though. Speaking of chants I laughed a lot at 'let's go Jesus' 'Jesus sucks' and at 'Thank you Jesus'.

Looking forward to Andrews vs Conners. The semi-finals and finals should be good either way.

Fair enough. When you say not liking Sami Callihan are we talking indy Sami or Solomon Crow?

Either, really. They're the same person, after all. Not like he's entirely different as one than the other.

No but i def think hes way better as Sami Callihan (& Jeremiah Crane) than he was as Solomon Crowe.

Also hooray Neville!

My only issue here is so few of these guys have unique looks...in the CWC everyone kinda stood out, here most of the guys look super generic.

Yeah, most of them seemed like typical jobbers, tbh, and I didn't get that feeling from most CWC guys.

And how the *Censored* does Cole mix up names of WWE wrestlers all the time, but somehow calls all of these matches perfectly? :lol:

And of course he has to finish with 'Tyler Brake... Tyler Bate'.

Haven't all these guys signed WWE contracts already if the plan is to have their own brand ala Raw, Smackdown and NXT?

Yes, every competitor signed a WWE contract.

Love how WWE gave OTT, ICW and PROGRESS Finn Balor for a few minutes in return for getting their active in-ring competitors and champs for a tournament.

Lmao.

Archived