What's the story behind your username?

Undercard Jamoke

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nickname is Jeds, and has been for about 6/7 years or so. When I moved to Xbox, me and my friend were discussing what my Gamertag should be, and one of us said "What about just Jeds?" and the other said "What like just Jeds or JustJeds?" Confused ourselves and I just decided to stick with it.

My nickname is Jeds, and has been for about 6/7 years or so. When I moved to Xbox, me and my friend were discussing what my Gamertag should be, and one of us said "What about just Jeds?" and the other said "What like just Jeds or JustJeds?" Confused ourselves and I just decided to stick with it.

Just decided or JustDecided?

That was lame, wasn't it?

Oh gawd, XD. Am I the only one with a long drawn out story behind this?

Short Answer: It's wrestling's fault. Mainly DX, but the back story involves Se[hiroth, Booker T, The Rock, and I guess a little bit of The Hurricane?

Long Answer: So it all starts with this kid in middle school deciding to call me CWebb. I never really had a nickname that wasn't given to me by my family and liked this one so I kinda stuck with it for online use more than with friends or anything.

So I went on this AOL Username spree. I had CWebb24 at first and then I got to this point between going into AOL trial mode and Walmart Connect trials (XD) to come up with SephX since I had this fascination with Sephiroth for whatever reason. Never played the game for more than 3 minutes, but I loved the character. And anything sounds cooler with an X on the end, XD. Megaman X and Sushi X, the reviewer for EGM back in the day who always looked like a ninja, prolly helped with that as well

Being one of the few people who actually loved the Alliance angle, one of my favorite things to happen around that time was the beef between Booker T and the Rock. I liked how Book was kinda stealing Rock's who thing calling himself "The Book". I was a fan of both back then and eventually I'd go with a WebberC24 (last name, first initial) u/n to sound a bit like Booker T. I created an efed character loosely based on myself with heavy influences from Book and Rock. Scissor Kick, Spin-a-roonies (Webb-a-roonie) and, after I ran a gimmick as The Webbaman (Booker would keep calling himself the Bookerman and I yoinked that too) when I went crazy and thought I was "The best damned superhero since The Hurricane", the more sane version of him came back as The Nation's Champion, my take on the People's Champion.

I'm not sure if DX had one of their many reunions or my love for the group back in the late 90s just came rushing back, but I'd be invited to chat rooms and announce myself by yelling "CWEBBANATION X!" The person I was tagging with in the feds thought I should drop the C and just go with WebbanationX and I was like "Naaaaaaw, but my C bruh". Then I realized he was right, dropped it and I've used that u/n for practically everything since.

WNX is just a shortened version of WebbaNationX

I've been thinking about changing it lately here to "Shwaobba". It's pronounced in the way Joell Ortiz yells "Yao-wa!" and also influenced by Wobbufett the Pokemon, because I also use "XD" and that's literally how Wobbufett looks most of the time. That and saying "Webba" in that voice is hilarious to me. There's been a few time irl I've come into an area announcing myself in that voice at work and whatnot. Also thinking about Wobba Fett, same thing about the Pokemon on top of the Fett family from Star Wars.

My name came from Crazy who was Crazylicious at the time and Crack having a debate about usernames being so close, so I combined them and pissed them off. My old Username came from lyrics of Blink-182's Song Stay Together for the Kids.

I'm pretty sure neither of us were remotely pissed off :lol:

Not really pissed but more like wtf.

Just shortened my name and used it in part of my email address. Don't know why, just went with it. Didn't really come up with a good username when I joined years ago and I've been here using it long enough, I don't think there is any use in changing it now.

My name came from Crazy who was Crazylicious at the time and Crack having a debate about usernames being so close, so I combined them and pissed them off. My old Username came from lyrics of Blink-182's Song Stay Together for the Kids.

I'm pretty sure neither of us were remotely pissed off :lol:
Not really pissed but more like wtf.

the backtracking

It goes way back to the school days. One of my teacher called me Infamous one day after I had an altercation with a girl in Cafeteria.

So I asked the teacher what it means as I had no idea at that point and she was the one who explained the meaning to me.

After that, she would always refer to me as Mr. Infamous (as a joke) every time she asked a question or chat or whatever. And it kind of stuck with me. I use it pretty much everywhere as my username. I'm surprised though there are people who don't know what it means and pronounce it wrong.

Needed a CAW name for myself in WrestleMania 2000 on the n64, and Triple H was my boy, and my initials are G, so went with ThreeG (well, it was originally Three-G) and had it ever since.

So I used it for everything wrestling related, like video games, backyard wrestling (we all done it when you're 10!), forums, etc.

So, had it since 1998/9. Damn.

• 3 weeks later...

I literally have no idea. I had a splinter, was thinking about weetabix, which made me think of my KO shirt that needed to be washed, which made me think of his finishing move..? Which lead to me thinking of this forum and if I combine post with popuppower.. People would realise my opinion is superior and would agree with everything I say... Except, that's not the case.. Meh.

Archived