1.04 broke wake up taunts (and move/crowd reactions?)

xphen0m

Opponents no longer turn around. This breaks many things, including the Phenomenal Forearm.

Also, is the crowd....less responsive for anyone else here? I notice they don't respond to moves from the DLC legends, but I just did several matches where you could hear a pin drop a majority of the time, which wasn't the case before.

The crowd is way more responsive for me. Actually helped make matches way more exciting. Sorry to hear it's going differently on your side.

Kind of off-topic, but I feel like I've had a bunch of matches involving Bayley and never heard "Heeeeey we want some Baaayley!!" until now. Is that a patch add-on or was that always there?

As for the wake up taunts, yeah, I see what you mean. They no longer turn for me either. I hardly used those anyway, but I can see that being annoying for stuff like the Phenomenal Forearm. Hope they fix that. Man, with all this patchwork, 2K18 is gonna be honed and refined as hell. :lol:

I could deal without wake up not working but the crowd reaction is killer. It makes matches a lot more bland.

Man, with all this patchwork, 2K18 is gonna be honed and refined as hell.

Yeah... I remember people saying the same thing about 2K17 last year...

People have been saying that since this series started.

Ahhhhh ok. (Not being sarcastic, genuinely intrigued by your point King Ryder and will try when I next play.).

I also noticed all moves no crowd reaction, compared to just the new moves.

Because of it, patches of quietness. But it's one of them things, if this was how it was at the start, I wouldn't know no difference.

Hoping they patch the sound affects for all moves in next patch and certain reversals have no sounds at all.

They really need to work on coding/engine they have for a year, instead of starting again and again. Because if you take a step back, the amount of little problems are making the game play negative.

If I was them, keep same game some how. Next year release WWE 2k17.5 with updated MyCareer, arena and roster, for 60% of a full game price. Rather that with no bugs, than another new game, where I have to edit all the move sets and attires of 10 month out dated wrestlers and wait 2/3 patches before it feels like a proper game and not a beta..

I also rarely get commentary in any match. Cole and JR are quiet a majority of the time.

The reactions being tied to the star rating system is plausible, but I had a four star match that barely got any reaction compared to pre-1.04.

Maybe its because JR isn't in the game lol

I also rarely get commentary in any match. Cole and JR are quiet a majority of the time.

The reactions being tied to the star rating system is plausible, but I had a four star match that barely got any reaction compared to pre-1.04.

Maybe its because JR isn't in the game lol

I meant Cole and Lawler. I've been working non stop since 3 PM Thanksgiving so naturally I cannot think straight after running on all of that with less than 10 hours sleep.

TBH, from what I've seen the crowd seems to be more tied to the star meter, a 5 star match produces a louder crowd than a 1 star one from what I've seen.

I respectfully disagree, I've heard "NXT! NXT! NXT!" chants loud and clear just after the bell rings. Hardly a chance to get 1 star, let alone 5 stars.

Just for the record:

If your opponent is facing up when you do a wake up taunt they will stand up in the direction facing their legs.

If your opponent is facing down when you do a wake up taunt they will stand up in the direction of their head.

If you perform a finisher or diving/springboard finisher your opponent will turn around and face your direction regardless of position.

Knowing that helps just a little bit. But it still sucks if you do manual suicide dives and springboards to the outside. Hopefully this gets resolved with next patch.

Just for the record:

If your opponent is facing up when you do a wake up taunt they will stand up in the direction facing their legs.

If your opponent is facing down when you do a wake up taunt they will stand up in the direction of their head.

If you perform a finisher or diving/springboard finisher your opponent will turn around and face your direction regardless of position.

Knowing that helps just a little bit. But it still sucks if you do manual suicide dives and springboards to the outside. Hopefully this gets resolved with next patch.

Thanks for the info!

Noticing with the inconsistencies. Ie, one ppv be good atmosphere, second shit etc...

Could be beta in terms of how it syncs "family crowd, hardcore crowd" depending where you are and what crowd, is what atmosphere you'll get. (Which is like real life, some ppvs/events the crowd is dead whereas others, it's full blown. Just unfortunately, it's yet to tell us what crowd that event/ppv is scheduled to have, unless you do a promo within it.

I think the commentary is fine. It's terrible. But that's fine as it reflects the real life commentary. Michael Cole can't call a match to save his life, repeatedly calls moves and supserstars by the wrong names, and gives a lot of boring tidbits that at this point are common sense to any wrestling fan. It's one of the most realistic aspects of the game.

They said they wanted it to be more of a realistic feel and flow to the game... Nailed it on the perfectly awful commentary.

Archived