Patch 1.04

takerfan4life

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Grand Master Sexay, agree with you 99% but I do genuinely believe they keep an eye on this forum! Compared to 2k's, and even disagreements on this forum, the general knowledge/intelligence of the game/wrestling etc is much better than what I've seen in the other forums.

Example the "no atmosphere with more than 2 managers fix etc". We was talking about that on the forum not long ago. I doubt something like that was even posted on 2k.

We're more valuable to the game than we think!

Hopefully sooner rather than later they employ eastcoastKody and AgeOfSandow. EastCoasts database could be worth untold (can search a move and see what wrestler used it in last 6 years) really amazing and needs recognisition.

@Grand Master Sexay, agree with you 99% but I do genuinely believe they keep an eye on this forum! Compared to 2k's, and even disagreements on this forum, the general knowledge/intelligence of the game/wrestling etc is much better than what I've seen in the other forums.

Example the "no atmosphere with more than 2 managers fix etc". We was talking about that on the forum not long ago. I doubt something like that was even posted on 2k.

Hopefully sooner rather than later they employ eastcoastKody and AgeOfSandow. EastCoasts database could be worth untold (can search a move and see what wrestler used it in last 6 years) really amazing and needs recognisition.

Well of course they're watching the forum, that's quite obvious, my point is though is that when a majority of fans across the internet is screaming their heads off, 2K doesn't really have much of a choice. We'd all like them to take their time and test everything but when it comes to pre-release, the 1 year dev time makes that a near impossibility, and post release, they're vilified either way. Especially on their own forums, which is filled to the brim with the kind of people I suspect have trouble putting 2 plus 2 together.

Well of course they're watching the forum, that's quite obvious, my point is though is that when a majority of fans across the internet is screaming their heads off, 2K doesn't really have much of a choice. We'd all like them to take their time and test everything but when it comes to pre-release, the 1 year dev time makes that a near impossibility, and post release, they're vilified either way. Especially on their own forums, which is filled to the brim with the kind of people I suspect have trouble putting 2 plus 2 together.

GMP has a point. The issues all seem to come back to the tight time frame meaning little opportunity for real testing.

Perhaps 2K could be a bit clever and start a rolling schedule for the games; build in a prod env for 2K18 and create a clone in a test env to prepare fo 2K19. This would be tough the first year, but mean that subsequent years they have already been testing a year or so and can add and test new features as they go. That said, WWE is not 2K's only title so could be too resource heavy.

All in all, I am having a blast on the game, experiencing only a few real issues and writing off other annoyances as they come.

The feedback on here is mostly intelligent and constructive and seems to be getting through to where it matters.

2k need to step back and realize they're just gonna have to disappoint some people and take their time and test the next patch because if they don't its just gonna cause more issues which then they'll have to make another patch and another patch, the glitches will never end.

So people who want patches really quick are just gonna have to realize its the best thing to do if they want the patch to fix everything and not cause any other issues in the process.

2k need to step back and realize they're just gonna have to disappoint some people and take their time and test the next patch because if they don't its just gonna cause more issues which then they'll have to make another patch and another patch, the glitches will never end.

So people who want patches really quick are just gonna have to realize its the best thing to do if they want the patch to fix everything and not cause any other issues in the process.

Hey man, you'll get no argument from me on that. I've got no problem with patches coming a bit slower if they're tested (mind you, they should still get fast patches out for game breakers like the save corruption bug from before).

Just booted the game up and all custom logos have been removed. If I go to edit my CAW it appears the custom logos are still there, but in game they are gone. They are also gone from the logo manager. Same goes for created arenas too. Thanks 2k

Just booted the game up and all custom logos have been removed. If I go to edit my CAW it appears the custom logos are still there, but in game they are gone. They are also gone from the logo manager. Same goes for created arenas too. Thanks 2k

Have you tried restarting the game? That kinda happens to me sometimes too

Has anyone besides me finding the AI to be more agggrssive? I've played two matches post patch, one with Daniel Bryan Vs Brock Lesnar and the other between Kane vs British Bulldog. Bryan nearly dominated the entire match and made me tap with the Yes Lock while in the other match Kane wouldn't let me get a move in, he reversed my Oklahoma Slam into a Chokeslam. So I'm not sure if it's just a random thing or what but it wasn't nearly this competitive before the patch.

The main problem with delaying patches for testing is that there are so many different combinations and scenarios that could reveal a bug. Even with everybody on their team having a different mindset and playing differently there's no way they'd catch them all. All those in-game characters, all those CAW parts, all those moves, you just can't find everything, and of course if there's an issue they don't have a direct fix for that they know won't impact something else for sure, they're not gonna put it in the patch.

As much as I hate broken games, the fact of the matter is we are a larger number than their team. Even if they do heavy testing, we're gonna find things. All they can do is secure as much as they can and hope other things don't break. As time goes on and tech advances, this task will be even more difficult. This is gonna be a reality we have to accept. Those who can't need to walk away from the series for a while.

One thing that definitely should NOT be tolerated though is if they fix a bug from the previous year's game it should NOT present in the future title. That's unacceptable. Everything else I understand

Has anyone besides me finding the AI to be more agggrssive? I've played two matches post patch, one with Daniel Bryan Vs Brock Lesnar and the other between Kane vs British Bulldog. Bryan nearly dominated the entire match and made me tap with the Yes Lock while in the other match Kane wouldn't let me get a move in, he reversed my Oklahoma Slam into a Chokeslam. So I'm not sure if it's just a random thing or what but it wasn't nearly this competitive before the patch.

Ya know i noticed this as well, i was playing Universe mode on my SD show and i was Carmella facing Naomi, and it was really back and forth and she kept escaping my submission and the match went on for a good while, until she hit me with her finisher and i couldn't kick out. I don't normally lose unless i want it that way for the story in the feud but she legit beat me in that match.

So i dunno maybe they did adjust the AI and make them more aggressive, but hey i'm all for it whatever makes the game more challenging i'm all for. It was actually nice to see Naomi legit beat me, i hope with each patch they keep upping the AI's game and working to make the game more challenging and making them better all around.

Ya know i noticed this as well, i was playing Universe mode on my SD show and i was Carmella facing Naomi, and it was really back and forth and she kept escaping my submission and the match went on for a good while, until she hit me with her finisher and i couldn't kick out. I don't normally lose unless i want it that way for the story in the feud but she legit beat me in that match.

So i dunno maybe they did adjust the AI and make them more aggressive, but hey i'm all for it whatever makes the game more challenging i'm all for. It was actually nice to see Naomi legit beat me, i hope with each patch they keep upping the AI's game and working to make the game more challenging and making them better all around.

Yea I agree, it makes the game more fun and challenging.

2K's shareholders would also hate it, because it would miss out on the Christmas sales.

Employee pay for people on the WWE games team also is probably based around it. That'd be more fixable i'm sure but I just mean that'd be another cavate.

idk how anyone makes money in the games industry. it costs like millions to make a video game.

2K needs to get paid...yukes needs to get paid...WWE needs to get paid...the guy that owns the belt designs...the legends not under contract etc.

And then you have some companies screwing over their fanbases, setting trends that screws both devs and customers over even worse.

Wwe 2k18 should be pushed back to wrestlemania 34 week, I don't know why Vince won't let them do that.

Because yearly means more money pulled in from it.

no point.. Regardless of release, the game will be around 10 months out of date.. Regardless a few attires.

Just out of curiosity?

On my career in 2k17, Sami Zayn is in NXT and also NXT tag team with Hideo.

When did he officially debut in WWE main roster (remember a rumble maybe? Not including that Cena match).

Notice they put Finn in the main roster, who debuted after the draft, so consistency is also at a all time low.. lol. ?????

Wwe 2k18 should be pushed back to wrestlemania 34 week, I don't know why Vince won't let them do that.

Because yearly means more money pulled in from it.

no point.. Regardless of release, the game will be around 10 months out of date.. Regardless a few attires.

Just out of curiosity?

On my career in 2k17, Sami Zayn is in NXT and also NXT tag team with Hideo.

When did he officially debut in WWE main roster (remember a rumble maybe? Not including that Cena match).

Notice they put Finn in the main roster, who debuted after the draft, so consistency is also at a all time low.. lol. ?????

Sami officially debuted at Royal Rumble this past year. Same as AJ

Archived