MarkSpirals Showcase 2K17 (Cassandra Blair & Skye Hendrix added)

MarkSpirals

Hey everyone! After being an active CAW creator for a while now, I figured it was time to start up one of these here showcase threads of my own lol. I had one WAY back when, and my picture quality was rather lackluster. But thanks to the share feature on the PS4 I'm able to record footage and take snapshots with MUCH better results. Also, people like, Oz70NYC, Thr33x, Hikari*Hana and 16BitJay have inspired me to step up my game as a creator.

Now, without further ado, allow me to show you with what I've been up to!

Mark Spirals

Primary Finisher - Spirals Crush (Styles Clash)

Primary Signature - Legend Maker (1916 2)

Secondary Finisher - The Sickle (Muta Lock)

Secondary Signature - Spirals Special (Wheelbarrow Facebuster 1)

Mark%20CAWS_zpsz47o1cnu.png

First up is my main character, Mark Spirals. Mark has always been an extension of myself. He’s like me if I was an anime character lol. I always favored the characters in anime who were the “wise beyond their years” type. Fairly young (he’ll be 30 as of this game), but has an extensive knowledge of their craft. To that effect I modeled his personality off of Ryu from Street Fighter and his in ring style is based off of AJ Styles. Just like Ryu, Mark desires to be a complete master of his sport and to achieve that he travels all around the world to face each region’s finest, earning him the moniker "World Warrior" in the process. The reason his wrestling style and moveset is similar to Styles is because (he is my favorite wrestler XD) AJ, in my opinion, is the complete package when it comes to being an all-around wrestler. Capable of doing it all, the jack off all trades master of none, Mark has evolved over the years to fully represent the “Super Junior” wrestling style.

Mark Spirals is as disciplined as they come. A guy with a real no nonsense attitude, Mark travels the globe much like that of a "wandering warrior", all in an effort to hone his skills in the ring. He may not be the most fun to be around, but Mark is always willing to lend advice and a helping hand to those in need.

Evelyn Summers

Primary Finisher - Perfect Dark (Kudo Driver)

Primary Signature - Impale Her/Impaler (Spear 3)

Secondary Finisher - Cerebral Slice (Discus Big Boot)

Secondary Signature - Blackheart Driver (Pumphandle Half Nelson Driver)

Evelyn%20CAWS_zps7dib7gtg.png

Evelyn Summers is the daughter of one of the most powerful business minds in the world, Claire Summers. Claire is the President of Summers Enterprises as well as President of the wrestling company Pro Wrestling Kingdom. Unlike her mother, Evelyn does not represent a positive role model for women around the world, instead she wishes nothing more than to tear down what Claire has spent years on building up for reasons only known to her. Evelyn is as rotten as can be. Vicious, aggressive, rude and manipulative are just few of the words that can describe Eve. There is a reason she is called "Perfect Dark".

Rangiku Ayaka

Primary Finisher - Infinity Cross (Fisherman Driver 2)

Primary Signature - Infinity Cross Crystal (Samoan Driver 2)

Secondary Finisher - La Angelita (PTO)

Secondary Signature - Aya-Chan Cutter (Twist of Fate 3)

Rangiku%20CAWS_zpskipomjhc.png

Rangiku Ayaka is a second generation wrestler. The daughter of Japanese wrestling Legend, Hiroshi Ayaka. Following in her father's footsteps, the Mexican-Japanese wrestler trained in Mexico before making her in-ring debut in Japan at the age of seventeen. Rangiku blends the high-flying Lucha Libre style of Mexico and the hard hitting strong style of Japan into her own technique. This has become something of a family tradition as Rangiku's younger sister, Olivia, is currently following the same path.

Cassandra Blair

Primary Finisher - Silent Garden (Cattle Mutilation)

Primary Signature - Etoile's Whisper (Lost in the Woods)

Secondary Finisher - Goodbye Waltz (Dark Matter)

Secondary Signature - Loveless (Superkick 1)

Cassandra%20CAWS_zpsg8fvdneo.png

Meet Ms. Cassandra Blair. This Montreal native brings an extremely unique brand of charisma to the squared circle. If her charm and “playfulness” don’t get you engaged then her wrestling style is sure to do the job. In my canon, Cassandra is considered one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, woman OR man. The only thing keeper her from realizing her potential is her overall lackadaisical attitude toward wrestling. Often skipping out on training and referring to almost anything wrestling related as “dull” has put Cassandra on the bad side of many who take the sport seriously.

Skye Hendrix

Primary Finisher - Skye Scraper (Phoenix Splash)

Primary Signature - Falling Skye (Handspring Cutter)

Secondary Finisher - Skye Walker (Salida Del Sol)

Secondary Signature - Skye Crush (Belly to Back Mat Slam 2)

Skye%20CAWS_zpsu87g4ocp.png

Next up is Skye Hendrix. Skye and Cassandra have been best friends since Cassandra moved to Sacramento and transferred into Skye’s high school. Skye is the one that pretty much keeps Cassandra down to earth. Skye herself is kind, optimistic and incredibly naive. In the ring, Skye is fast and agile. Using her speed to make up for what she lacks in power, Skye knows how to keep the pace of a match in her favor. Skye and Cassandra complement each other extraordinarily well as the tag team Astraea’s Touch.

A little design note for Skye. I've been making her since Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and she always had long hair. After modeling her face off of Natalie Portman, I decided to go an alternate route with Skye and give her short hair, a "pixie cut" if you will, which is a hairstyle Portman sports. Admittedly it wasn't love at first sight but it did quickly grow on me. It's a different take on a character that I've made for years and personality wise it makes Skye look more innocent, which is the recurring theme with her.

I also have vids!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGZzptuzWcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfv79nwVcwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6q3dC5mnv0&feature=youtu.be&a

Definitely more to come! You can search each character on Community Creations under the tag SpiralsCaws.

Attires are on point. It's these blues that are getting to me. Lovin it Ayaka seems very Hamada inspired, dunno if that's the case but yeah, great job on each of them.

Is Olivia gonna be a character here too or just a story mention for now?

Attires are on point. It's these blues that are getting to me. Lovin it Ayaka seems very Hamada inspired, dunno if that's the case but yeah, great job on each of them.

Is Olivia gonna be a character here too or just a story mention for now?

Thanks a lot man! Ayaka is very, VERY Hamada inspired. Hamada is my all time favorite female wrestler and I wanted to craft a character in her image. Good catch there! I wasn't really shy on making it pretty blatant haha.

Olivia was only mentioned for story purposes but ya know...making her an actual character is an interesting thought. I just may crop her with my Rookie Class of this year. Thanks for checking out my thread! Really glad you like them ^___^

I like the main caw he came out good

Thanks! Glad you think so!

Great work!

LOVE Ayaka,will certainly be adding her to my universe. Hamada is one of my favourites also. I think it's great that you can see the inspiration of her without it being a carbon copy.

Awesome! Hope you enjoy! Yeah, even though I definitely took ques from Hamada to create Ayaka's attire and moveset I did make sure I left some wiggle room to incorporate my own personal flair.

Your characters are really coming out nicely this year, Mark. I've really enjoyed experiencing the growth of your creations for the last year. It's been really fun.

Thanks so much, Hana! I've been a fan of yours for years and being able to play matches with you and go to you for advice has been an amazing experience. It's been a blast so far! Thanks again, for everything! ^__^

It's always nice seeing my Padawans grow into full fledged original CAW Jedis. Awesome stuff thus far, Mark. Keep it going.

Thanks a ton, man! Really have to give it up to you and 3X. You two have been going hard for such a long time and still going strong. Really made me want to not only step up my creation game but my backstory/character development as well!

That's terrific use of Rollins' attire. The electric blue is really eye catching as well.

Glad you think so! I was going to use X-Pac's tights initially as a throwback to my WWF No Mercy days on the N64 where I used them for Mark, but Rollin's tights worked better with my idea much better.

Hey quick question(s) for ya Mark. Is the guy in your avy supposed to be Spirals? The tats are inverted but it looks like it could be the same person. If he is, are you gonna make that attire? If he's not, are you gonna make that guy?

Nice work, all very unique! ?

Thanks! Really appreciated that! :]

Hey quick question(s) for ya Mark. Is the guy in your avy supposed to be Spirals? The tats are inverted but it looks like it could be the same person. If he is, are you gonna make that attire? If he's not, are you gonna make that guy?

It is! Good eye lol. A friend of mine on the Fire Pro Wrestling Returns forum drew it for me. Yeah, the tattoo is inverted. It was originally on his right arm but when 2K16 came about I picked Batista's left arm tattoo because it best resembled what I wanted for Mark. Since I'm no good at creating my own custom sleeve tattoos that's what I went with. Now with 2K17, I didn't have the option of giving him the Batista tat again and I didn't feel right switching it back to his right arm, so I just made a modified version of his 2K16 sleeve and pec piece using in-game designs.

The attire in my avi is actually a tag team attire with his best friend Tyler Jett (who I'm thinking of creating if I could get my other projects done), the Ken to Mark's Ryu basically lol. If I do make the attire it would be along with Tyler's if I manage to get to him.

these are cool bruh, really feeling it

Thanks bro! Means a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Digging how far you've come in the evolution of your CAWs since I met ya back in '07. Looking awesome, keep up the great work Marky Mark. :)

Thanks Rick! Glad to take you on this journey with me homie! ^___^

Added Cassandra Blair, Skye Hendrix and Astraea's Touch showcase video! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived