Official WWE TLC Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so much comparing their popularity as I am their character arcs. They're practically identical.

But...they're not.

One has been used in main storylines with the top champion...the other had a random angle on ECW at a time when ECW was the C brand...how do those arcs even begin to be identical?

I'm not so much comparing their popularity as I am their character arcs. They're practically identical.

But...they're not.

One has been used in main storylines with the top champion...the other had a random angle on ECW at a time when ECW was the C brand...how do those arcs even begin to be identical?

-Both random jobbers who weren't even signed

-Both eventually won a veteran's friendship

-Both won a contract facing off against a villain who was constantly trying to shut them down

-Both eventually turned on their mentors by costing them a title match

Again, I'm not comparing their impacts, obviously Ellsworth is going through this on a much larger, more important scale. But their journey's have been the exact same.

What if they had Ellsworth come out and make AJ climb down as a red herring for the swerve? The ending was done right because most people likely didn't see that coming. He was better than Corbin or Bray because no one expected Ellsworth to be a dick to his friend.

It's annoying.. How even on SD Ellsworth robbed Ambrose blah blah. (No he didn't. AJ was about to win and grab the belt, when Ellsworth came out anyway.. So he didn't cost Ambrose nothing.. Merely toyed with him) different if it was Ambrose at least standing and AJ on the floor.. Or both in a neutral position, but AJ was at top of ladder, lol.. Bad timing, bad storytelling or both..

To add to this.. It's disrespectful to AJ's title reign..

Owens current title story (within last week at least) - Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins, Triple H and Roman Reigns

AJ Styles - James Ellsworth (sure Ambrose and AJ are finished now, Ambrose just angry at Ellsworth and had a IC title match on Tues..).. So who else does that leave? Taker/Kane obviously going after tag belts and Cena rumoured to be away until 2017.. Unless he turns face.. What face with top card calibre is there on SD? Apollo Crews or Dolph Jobbler? Kalisto?

Ideal world.. Shinsuke appears..

If not.. They need to some how get Cesaro and Sami Zayn over to SD asap..

What if they had Ellsworth come out and make AJ climb down as a red herring for the swerve? The ending was done right because most people likely didn't see that coming. He was better than Corbin or Bray because no one expected Ellsworth to be a dick to his friend.

It's annoying.. How even on SD Ellsworth robbed Ambrose blah blah. (No he didn't. AJ was about to win and grab the belt, when Ellsworth came out anyway.. So he didn't cost Ambrose nothing.. Merely toyed with him) different if it was Ambrose at least standing and AJ on the floor.. Or both in a neutral position, but AJ was at top of ladder, lol.. Bad timing, bad storytelling or both..

No offence dude but it's staged wrestling. AJ Styles probably gives way less of a *Censored* than you do. Winning a title means something, sure. However, little things like this are not "disrespectful to a reign" lol

**offense.

I tried to edit but it's not working.

Best match for me was the Kalisto/Corbin one, used to Corbin squashes so it's weird to see him put on a good match for once

It was good but not in the same league as the main event.

No offence dude but it's staged wrestling. AJ Styles probably gives way less of a *Censored* than you do. Winning a title means something, sure. However, little things like this are not "disrespectful to a reign" lol

**offense.

Not to mention AJ is a heel...

Archived