Mike - AKA BigDaddy MM24 - Showcase: 20/01/17 "Classic" custom WWE Championship titles.

MikeM

With this being my first WWE game on the Playstation side of things, I think it might be worth introducing you to my new creations. (Unless you've been bored to death about them anyway :P )

Hash tags are: MIKEM24 and BIGDADDYMM

First up is my "career" caw that I've been making since Raw 2 (albeit he used my real name for a few years - but now he's more of an avatar loosely based on me)

Mike Edwards.

(New attire - Finally 100% happy with it)

WWE%202K17_20170119224525_zpsnxrgle7h.jp

WWE%202K17_20170119230632_zpslejt1rw1.jp

WWE%202K17_20170119232829_zpsp1f9gihe.jp

WWE%202K17_20170120223612_zpsclgev4dd.jp

I too have used Vinsmoker's mini bio format - Well it works!! :laugh:

Ringnames:

- Mike Edwards

- Mike M.

Nicknames:

"Air Edwards"

"The Excellent One" - UK independents

Birthdate: 24/02/1990 (26)

Birth Place: Hampshire, England

Billed from: Manchester, England

Billed Height: 6'' (actual height 5' 11" )

Billed Weight: 225 Ibs

Entrance Theme: Survival - Muse (Spark 1)

Previous themes;

Spell it out - Fort Minor

Written in the Stars (Instrumental) - Tiny Tempah

Light Up the Sky - Thousand Foot Krutch

Move-Set

Finishers:

- "Modus Operandi" (Sweet Chin Music) - Superkick

- "Excellence of Edwards" imploding 450 Splash

Signatures:

- "Air Edwards" Moonsault off top rope

- Diving elbow drop (patterned after HBK)

- Triple falling fist drops

- "Running with Scissors" Rebound Axe Kick (like R-Truth does)

- "Killing Curse" (Avada Kedavra / schoolboy superkick)

- Straightjacket DDT.

Scouted for WWE by William Regal, Edwards patterned himself after his idol, Shawn Michaels. Michaels himself spent some time training Edwards, and allowed him the honour of using Sweet Chin Music - including "tuning up" taunt, at Edwards' request. Recently Mike has added a lot of Japanese "strong style" to his game, his kick based arsenal lending itself well.

(The tattoo on the left arm is in honour of my little girl)

"Prince" Amir Alli

WWE%202K17_20170121111625_zps9zqiza4n.jp

WWE%202K17_20170121111635_zpsylyfshv1.jp

WWE%202K17_20170121112530_zpshqqdft4g.jp

WWE%202K17_20170121112612_zpsy1lqui2o.jp

WWE%202K17_20170121120729_zpsd8je2fs8.jp

Nicknames:

"Little Naz" (early ring name)

"Mr A".

Birthdate: 4/7/1994 (22)

Birth Place: Huddersfield, Yorkshire

Billed from: Leeds, England

Billed Height: 5' 7"

Billed Weight: 215 Ibs

Entrance Theme: Hall of Fame - The Script

Previous themes;

Walk Like A Champion - Kaliz featuring Naseem Hamed.

Boom Shake the Room - Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Move-Set

Finishers:

- "Goodnight Sweet Prince" (Code of Silence)

- "Fists of Fury" (Boxing knockout punch combination)

Signatures:

- "Cartwheel elbow drop" (Elbow of disdain)

- "Floating and stinging" (Shake, rattle and roll)

- "Urinage sideslam"

Growing up in Yorkshire, the young Amir idolised boxing legend "Prince" Naseem Hamed, and indeed trained as a boxer initially before falling in love with a different kind of ring based combat. One thing he did bring with him was Naz's iconic leopard print shorts attire, and his moniker of "Prince". Ostentatious and braggadocious, Amir Ali is not easy to ignore, from his quick fists to his sound technical knowledge. Don't let the tassels and the sparkles fool you into thinking he's not 100 percent focussed. Opponents would be foolish to dismiss him as "all flash and no cash".

Jet Rose

WWE%202K17_20161126211718_zpstkuegpbv.jp

WWE%202K17_20161126211758_zpssy01epxa.jp

Idea is based on the old TV show Gladiators, and my childhood crush Diane Youldale (AKA Jet). Attire is also inspired by the show, but translated to wrestling gear. Her face texture (and obviously Violet's) are based on English model, Rosie Jones.
Jet is one half of the Rose twins, but they are far from allies, Jet was bullied by her sister Violet (see below) and decided to start self defence where she quickly discovered a knack for combat sports. She had a casual interest in wrestling as a child, which developed into a full blown passion in her teens.
She is determined to prove to her sister and every other woman that she is now more than capable of not only being equal, but being better.

Nicknames:

Rosie J.

English Rose.

Birthdate: 1/8/1995 (21)

Birth Place: Woking, England

Billed from: Chelsea, London, England

Entrance Theme: Superheroes - The Script

Previous themes;

You've Got the Power - Snap

Move-Set

Finishers:

- "Starscream" - Bam Bam sault / corkscrew moonsault

- "Kiss Off" - Superkick

Signatures:

- Booty popping moonsault

- Chick kick

- Inverted twist of fate

"Princess" Violet Rose
WWE%202K17_20161126222901_zpsaebb1ciy.jp
WWE%202K17_20161126225956_zps7mnhkcmu.jp
WWE%202K17_20161126232123_zpsewygis0c.jp
WWE%202K17_20161126223430_zpstpz3gle4.jp
WWE%202K17_20161126224358_zpsswy8nh9d.jp
Whilst on the surface, the other half of the Rose twins appears identical to her sister - Violet in terms of personality is quite different. From an early age she became the dominant sister, and bullied and tormented Jet to the point of her taking up combat training. Unlike her sister, Violet was a wrestling fan as a child and idolised the darker and more evil characters, such as the Undertaker. She was drawn to wrestling as a career as she enjoys manipulating and dominating weaker people. She came into WWE shortly after they showed interest in Jet, determined to prove that she is, and will forever be the better of the two. Now she's focussed on not only dominating her sister, but every one else in the division. In fact she wants to become "The Phenom" of the women's division.

Nicknames:

Dark Princess.

Mistress Rose.

Birthdate: 1/8/1995 (21)

Birth Place: Woking, England

Billed from: The other side of Darkness

Entrance Theme: Into the Fire - Disturbed

Previous themes;

The Frayed Ends of Sanity - Metallica

Torture - Jackson Five.

Move-Set

Finishers:

- Ultra Violet - Omega Driver

- Cross of the Rose - Outsider's / Razor's Edge

Signatures:

- Old School

- Choke Slam

- Uppercut throat thrust

Either of 'em online? Still looking to pad out the PW roster a bit more and they'd make excellent additions. :cool:

Yeah, should both be up. Think I used the hashtag "Prince" and "Shawn Michaels" for them. Let me know what you think of their entrances and moves - shame the custom videos don't carry across.

Either of 'em online? Still looking to pad out the PW roster a bit more and they'd make excellent additions. :cool:

Yeah, should both be up. Think I used the hashtag "Prince" and "Shawn Michaels" for them. Let me know what you think of their entrances and moves - shame the custom videos don't carry across.

Will do. :cool:

I like these guys. Flashy, but in a good way. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks, that's what I was going for, especially with Ali. Last year (Xbox One) I made a couple of other characters, but I felt there were too many for me in Universe mode to book properly.

Here's their Xbox bios, anyway.

David "Knightmare" Knight

Sat_Jan_30_19-13-20_UTC_2016_zps4dijlyxt

Sat_Jan_30_19-15-09_UTC_2016_zpsz8szecs8

David Knight is known as the Knightmare for good reason, He is the sort of opponent that will give anyone in the WWE a sleepless night beforehand. Standing a shade under 7 foot, but with a muscular frame and frightening strength, Knight redefines what a "big man" can do. Many say that Knight's marriage of power and agility call to mind the Undertaker of the mid 90's. Certainly his presentation and attire would fit well in the Ministry of Darkness. He often forsakes the more intricate costume for a simple black jumpsuit - which can be equally chilling, as it's a reminder that this man isn't "quite right" in the head and has the papers to prove it!

Entrance Music - "Carmina Burana O' Fortuna" Carl Orff (Terminator theme, in game)

Signature moves - Military Press into Spinebuster, Warrior Splash

Finishers - Jackhammer (Knight rider) Military Press into front slam (Knight Fall)

Favourite Quote - Everybody fears the dark.

[Creator's note] I found it very difficult to create a "monster" both in balancing his attributes and also to avoid straying into the "Kane ripoff" zone. Originally he wore the iron welding mask with the horns, but with his size and look, it looked too much like Kane. I was also going to try and go for a "friendly giant" persona, like Kevin Nash but that stifled me creatively. Eventually I went for the dual attires.

Alex "Lightning" Storm

Wed_Apr_20_20-24-05_UTC2B0100_2016_zpsblWed_Apr_20_20-23-31_UTC2B0100_2016_zps8b

Alex Storm is a young and hungry competitor, outside the ring he's easy going and enjoys 80's pop culture and cartoons (His attire is in the colour of two Transformer jets and he also sports the Decepticon logo on his right bicep) - and he can not be beaten at StreetFighter II, which has lead to a "friendly" rivalry with Xavier Woods. Inside the ring, he is to be underestimated at the cost of his opponent. He isn't just called "Lightning" because of the marketing, this kid is quick on the draw, and can unleash a barrage of Daniel Bryan / Sean Waltman kicks in a heartbeat. Energy and ability to burn. Has recently formed an alliance with Curtis Axel, which people are calling "The Perfect Storm".

Entrance Music - "Light Up The Sky" - Thousand Foot Crutch / Better than Perfect (with Axel)

Signature moves - array of kicks and springboard attacks.

Finishers - 420 imploding splash (Starscream) and Starship Pain (Thundercracker)

Favourite Quote - Who says lightning can't strike twice?

[Creator's note] I always liked the transformers Decepticon jets' colours, and whilst redoing my original Alex Storm (which was based on a downloaded Kidman) to make it mine (although the Kidman was essentially stripped and totally rebuilt, I wasn't going to upload other's work) I hit upon him being the perfect Caw to use those colours on. My favourite is Starscream, but actually the colours didn't lend themselves well, so I went for the blue and silver (Thundercracker) and the purple and black (Skywarp). The kickpad logos are the replicas of the decals that the toys came with.

Jayden Lazzara

Wed_Apr_20_20-23-05_UTC2B0100_2016_zpsbq

Wed_Apr_20_20-22-35_UTC2B0100_2016_zpsgv

Hailing from Wellington New Zealand, this proud Maori sports a pair of distinctive tribal tattoos that cover his arms. A former band front man, he has made the switch to combat sports first in MMA and then to the wrestling ring. Just as likely to want to throw a party as he is to throw fists, his happy demeanour can give way to a vicious and crafty foe if provoked. The leather top hat he sports is in recognition of his favourite band, Guns N Roses guitarist, Slash. His attire is unconventional, as is his fighting style, as yet he doesn't seem to have any sort of defined "moveset" at the moment as he is clearly trying to see what works. Has a natural charisma, and connects well with the fans.

Entrance Music "Welcome to the Jungle" Guns N Roses (In game, still undecided)

Moves - TBC

Quote - Let's make some noise!

[Creator's note] Jayden was an example of a creation by evolution. I started with his overall look, seeing Dave Lister's costume in Red Dwarf V, I thought it would look cool for a caw. Rather than go for a straight Lister caw, I then decided to mould him into a more individual (the absence of dreadlocks was a consideration), then I gave him the Slash hat and the rockstar glasses, and happened across Jayden and Lazarra in the menu options. Then I gave him the tribal tattoos and made him from New Zealand. Visually, I think Jayden is the best of my creations.

I was playing about with some "alternate attires" for Mike Edwards today, but then I found out you cannot assign them as you can in-game superstars.

So there are major changes to Edwards' attire, I'll post pics later on. I was supposed to start on Dave Knight, but the face texture I used in 2K16 isn't in the game. Plus I'm not sure Knight is unique enough any more either. (He actually was uploaded with RVD style hair, and tattoos on the sides of his head, rather than the shaggy hair in the pictures)

Just a heads up, Edwards' tights seem to be glitching out, at least in my game. Skin colored dots on the back of of his tights, as if his skin were clipping through them.

Thanks, as luck would have it, I've changed his New Day tights for AJ Styles ones as part of the alternate attire / rework. I think it might be because he's got thicker thighs than Xavier Woods (I think those were his)

Also you'll probably notice quite a bit of the ideas I used originally for Alex Storm have been used for Mike and Amir. I've finished Jet and Violet Rose now as well, I'll post pics up later.

Most likely next creation / resurrection is going to be Jayden Lazarra.

Aside from the glitch, what do you think of Edwards?

What is the Hashtag to find your work?

Edwards = Shawn_Michaels

Ali = Prince.

Just a heads up, Edwards' tights seem to be glitching out, at least in my game. Skin colored dots on the back of of his tights, as if his skin were clipping through them.

Thanks, as luck would have it, I've changed his New Day tights for AJ Styles ones as part of the alternate attire / rework. I think it might be because he's got thicker thighs than Xavier Woods (I think those were his)

Also you'll probably notice quite a bit of the ideas I used originally for Alex Storm have been used for Mike and Amir. I've finished Jet and Violet Rose now as well, I'll post pics up later.

Most likely next creation / resurrection is going to be Jayden Lazarra.

Aside from the glitch, what do you think of Edwards?

Pretty damn good, very good use of in-game designs and custom logos to come up with something that feels unique. He plays pretty well as well. Over all I like him quite a lot, I look forward to seeing what he ends up doing in universe mode.

Pretty damn good, very good use of in-game designs and custom logos to come up with something that feels unique. He plays pretty well as well. Over all I like him quite a lot, I look forward to seeing what he ends up doing in universe mode.

Thanks, I wanted to make him a fusion of Styles and HBK, without seeming like a ripoff of either. I like using in game logos as much as I can (mostly because I only have GMP2, and I'm very much fumbling about with it)

A lot of the logo ideas are based off (heavily) things I'm into, such as the Mike Edwards logo being from Red Dwarf, his new logo came to me when watching a programme on the London Underground!! ("Not arrogant, just better" was written an old banner seen at Man United games - ahh those were the days)

Rose twins are now up, V2 of Edwards also.

Tags for all my creations are: BIGDADDYMM and MIKEM24

Thanks, I wanted to make him a fusion of Styles and HBK, without seeming like a ripoff of either. I like using in game logos as much as I can (mostly because I only have GMP2, and I'm very much fumbling about with it)

A lot of the logo ideas are based off (heavily) things I'm into, such as the Mike Edwards logo being from Red Dwarf, his new logo came to me when watching a programme on the London Underground!! ("Not arrogant, just better" was written an old banner seen at Man United games - ahh those were the days)

If you're ever needing logos, Foldy or I could probably be of help.

If you're ever needing logos, Foldy or I could probably be of help.

Thank you, I might take you up on that!!

I'm now nearing "finishing" Dave Knight, I mean I think I'd be happy to have him in my own game, but he needs tweaking and some development before I'd put him up.

:lol: that's a bit ironic, I just finished 2 caws of my own that are named Knight. a tag team of twins Robby and Danny Knight, although their gimmick is far different obviously. He does look good though, i'd be interested to see him after you're done tweaking it.

Spent an hour trying to do Knight's tattoos from in game designs, and then it crashed before I could save it. Very difficult trying to work with the in game body art, I may google some stuff and try and put it in as custom logos.

The thing is, I don't really know what I want - I don't want to stray too far into Undertaker sleeve territory, but I want something there. I like the idea of a half sleeve (top) with the words "dangerous" and "relentless" in there. Although I want to position him as a possible "new" Undertaker type (in terms of size and moves, not so much the supernatural) but steer clear of basically being a clone.

Pics

WWE%202K17_20161106205915_zpseyym362j.jp

WWE%202K17_20161106175132_zpsnnbelzta.jp

WWE%202K17_20161106233730_zps3hmgygdy.jp

WWE%202K17_20161106234022_zpsgx8ao2wc.jp

Dave Knight / Knightmare is now up, usual tags.

Finally got something I am happy with for his tattoos, I've combined in game logos, with flesh coloured ones and tried to layer the logos in a way that looks like continuous ink work. His moveset is power based, and is really a fusion of Undertaker and Goldberg. He does use the Spear, Jackhammer combo - primarily because the original idea in 2K16 was to have someone who used those moves because I love them!!

WWE%202K17_20161110213812_zpsjckisr81.jp

WWE%202K17_20161110213644_zpshayvsqu9.jp

WWE%202K17_20161110212526_zpsbfwuwmrc.jp

WWE%202K17_20161110211312_zpsefm4huk8.jp

WWE%202K17_20161110210816_zpscoihvc9r.jp

Update - I've re-upped Edwards, new logo replacing the London Underground one - similar idea but a bit more original. May yet be adding / refining his moveset - I like a couple of Shinsuke's knee strikes, and Apollo's standing shooting star. I also am not a great fan of his leading strike being the back elbow, it makes striking quite awkward.

Dave Knight is now gone. I don't think "Dave" sounded right for the character, but as I'd already done the DK logos, I've gone for "Damien".

Pictures will be forthcoming. I am also toying with a couple of ideas, a new backstory for Violet Rose, possibly having her still being mean to her sister, but having also fallen under the influence of a new stable named "The Hoard" lead by Damien Knight.

Thoughts?

(Pictures now up in first post)

• 2 weeks later...

Reworked the Rose twins, made Jet's attire a bit less generic, adding a couple of logos. I've redone Violet's tattoos, as the body art on her arms just wasn't cutting it.

I've also altered moves and attributes, Violet is more powerful where Jet is a hair quicker.

Will be up soon, usual tags.

Pictures up in first post

• 1 month later...

This is a cleverly disguised bump - but I have been beavering away on a few tweaks and updates. Hey it was either this, or start a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally ready to declare Mike Edwards complete, I'll post pictures up in a bit. I've tweaked a couple of the others, most notably Prince Amir Ali (Who now has a human skin tone rather than the plasticy one he did have, makes him look a bit darker, which adds to the visual I think. He also has a double "L" in his last name, as I discovered there was already a Wrestler with the "Ali" name - I ripped the idea from Dele Alli!!

The patch also made the weight belt on his first attire disappear, so I'm thinking of changing his shorts.

UPDATE 21 Jan 2017.

As people will probably have noticed, I'm not the world's biggest fan of the WWE's current Championship belts. In my planned Universe mode, there will be a brand split, but the WWE Champion and Womens Champion will appear on Raw and Smackdown - negating the need for Universal and "blue womens" Championship belts.

However just for my own amusement, I decided to design (redesign) some classic WWE belts to represent the new titles - they're not uploaded (I only am on bronze) but if anyone does want them - then I can do. So here goes,

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:

Based on what is, in my opinion the best WWE Championship belt of all time, the "Big Eagle". I haven't changed the design too much, just added the WWE World title centre plate over the old scratch logo at the top, and overlaid a new globe over the existing one - side plates show the two sides of the world, America on the left (as we are looking) and Europe and Africa on the right.

WWE%202K17_20170120225254_zpsqv1r9vik.jp

WWE%202K17_20170120225303_zpslhedqkdx.jp

WWE Tag Team Championships (Raw)

Like the Big Eagle, I really miss the classic design of the Tag Team Championship belts, and driven by an extreme dislike of the current monstrosities (although the silver is better than bronze) I have essentially tweaked the classic design, adding the show's names and logos - and relegating the twin Gladiator motif to the side plates.

WWE%202K17_20170120225059_zpsrli91ds9.jp

WWE%202K17_20170120225111_zpsj7d484ql.jp

WWE Tag Team Championships (Smackdown)

Obviously the idea is to keep the equivalent titles as equal as possible, so the Smackdown belt follows the idea of the Raw one, with a smart dark blue strap and Smackdown logos in place of the red strap and Raw logos.

WWE%202K17_20170120225147_zpsenbya5ci.jp

WWE%202K17_20170120225200_zpsc4pv1cpv.jp

Archived