Patch Notes

ravenmack

I feel like you guys defend 2K too much....

Or we just exercise logic and don't blame them for things that aren't directly their fault.

Also, the game is developed by Yuke's. Take Two is the publisher. 2K is the name of the series.

By that logic the hate for THQ wouldn't be so strong. Yukes does the games. But 2K did some lazy stuff too. Not as bad but this amount of bugs is THQ level imo.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me 3 weeks to download the 14 GB update only to be slammed with another 16 GB update, *Censored* you 2k honestly *Censored* you

Bruh...where the hell do you live and who do you have for internet. 3 weeks to download a patch jesus christ.
In Lebanon you get a 50 GB download/upload limit. After midnight till 7 am it's unlimited so I download everything there. As for the speed IF you are lucky (and that's a huge ass if) u can reach 100-120 kb/s however you re likely to get that at 4 am. From 12 till 4 however it can go as low as 10 kb per sec and varies between that and 50 kb/s

As sucky as that is, 2K aren't responsible for your internet connection and they shouldn't have to be.

Never said they are, they could release a "not as much buggy " game in the first place, 16 GB download kills it for me and it's a shame because I love this game and I want to enjoy it

You want someone to blame, I'd say the blame falls on more than just 2K. Yukes, since they developed the game (and clearly still have some bad habits from the THQ days), and the WWE itself for pushing for a less-than-one-year dev time.

I'll take patches any day over having to have a game recalled if there's a bad bug, like everyones beloved No Mercy.

Hey I m with you on this heck if I had a connection like yours I wouldn't be here

:lol: while my connection is decent when it works, my provider company is filled to the brim with idiots. I lose my connection multiple times a day, and sometimes for days at a time for seemingly no reason. Internet problems everywhere, drives ya' insane. I'm sure its not as bad as yours, but it's not as perfect as i'd like it to be.

Wrestling is very complex and getting these games as close to reality as possible takes longer than the time the developers are given. I say this because I'm sure people will bring up NBA or Madden's yearly releases as if it's the same thing when it's not. I give the developers credit for making a quality game at its core but I don't expect it to not have a assload of bugs, especially considering this year's game came out way earlier than last year's. Actually I'm pretty sure this is the week it came out last year and ironically enough we're getting a patch this week. Imagine what could've been done in those two weeks. The first patch would have had to cover way less. These games used to come out in November.

The best games are given time to develop. RDR 2 isn't coming out for another year and based on the trailer it looks like a quite a bit of it is done already, and bet money even after this year of development the game will still have a shitload of bugs by the time it releases. Now imagine a game as complex as WWE's having to come out earlier every year.

Or we just exercise logic and don't blame them for things that aren't directly their fault.

Also, the game is developed by Yuke's. Take Two is the publisher. 2K is the name of the series.

By that logic the hate for THQ wouldn't be so strong. Yukes does the games. But 2K did some lazy stuff too. Not as bad but this amount of bugs is THQ level imo.

The hate from THQ comes from three things. First, they had a horrible and unabashed habit of lying on camera without a hint of giving a shit. Second, the bugs may be comparable, but the big problem was THQ didn't bother to fix enormous legacy bugs, or big bugs, and in fact tended to only patch beneficial glitches. Third, once 2K took over, multiple core things began to noticably improve, meaning either 2K took a way more hands on approach, or pushed Yukes far more than THQ ever bothered to do.

They had shitty lying marketing, treated the fans like idiots ("it's not a bug, you're just playing it wrong!") and thought that no one would ever call them out on their shit (like Williams infamously claiming during the SvR 11 hype that moves hadn't been removed).

Bugs are bugs. They are not intentional. Some bugs are inexcusable...and developers should definitely be held responsible for inexcusable bugs until they are remedied. But, all things considered...the scope of bugs in 2K17 is not nearly as bad as some other popular games...and given the extent of this first patch, I think it's obvious that they are going to great lengths to fix as much as possible. I don't think we should give them shit for that. Now...if they release this singular patch and then pretend that everything is fine and stop trying...then, sure...we can give them shit at that point. Until then...people should stop acting like it's so easy to develop a solid game and let these people do their jobs (which they are currently doing, much to their credit).

Christ...what did you people do before the digital era, when you bought a bug-riddled game and were stuck with no updates? The entire concept of updating games only came about in the past decade. I shudder to think about the bellyaching prior to that. People used to pay fifty bucks for a new N64 or PS1 game...SNES, PS2, whatever...and it would be a broken piece of shit...and they would play it anyway, because they had no choice. Now you actually get a voice in the process...so, stop complaining so much, and try to be constructive in your criticism. If something is broken, let people know...but consider that this is a team of people working on code, and things can be difficult to fix.

It's not so much "defending" Yuke's/2K/Take Two as it is simply being a respectable human being.

So alternate attires and caws are useless now? Sweet

Huh?
how are caws useless now?

If you go to edit them...even just to change a downloaded caw to an alternate attire, for example...the game says you need to change the caw from the previous caw settings to the updated settings...and doing this causes big problems with the overall aesthetic of the caw...things like color changes and logo placement changes. These changes obviously ruin the caw and make it look nothing like it's supposed to. It definitely sucks. If you don't actually edit the caws, they remain fine though.

So alternate attires and caws are useless now? Sweet

Huh?
how are caws useless now?

If you go to edit them...even just to change a downloaded caw to an alternate attire, for example...the game says you need to change the caw from the previous caw settings to the updated settings...and doing this causes big problems with the overall aesthetic of the caw...things like color changes and logo placement changes. It sucks. If you don't actually edit the caws, they remain fine though.

Ahh, so downloading Crows Gulak should be safe then so long as I don't plan to edit him. That's good. I mean, this issue isn't good, but i'm glad I can still make use of the caw if I don't plan to edit it.

So i'm told the patch added a new Phenomenal Forearm. How's it look guys?

The patch messes up every new alt. attire or just the ones you had before?

Any caw or attire that was made with the old caw settings...if you edit them. Which includes caws you download "new" off CC (if they were made with the old caw settings before the patch...which they most likely were).

If you make new caws after installing the patch...or download caws that were made by other people who have the patch, they are fine.

So how do you all rate the game now after both patches?

It's better.

Anyone who hadn't played the previous build of the game will have a better experience. The messed up caws are the only real problem...and it was a necessary change if people wanted the height restrictions changed.

So how do you all rate the game now after both patches?

It's better.

Anyone who hadn't played the previous build of the game will have a better experience. The messed up caws are the only real problem...and it was a necessary change if people wanted the height restrictions changed.

And even then, not everyones getting hit by that. My custom caws for instance didn't have their logos messed up.

The patch did indeed add a new Phenomenal Forearm and it looks beautiful. He lands on his ass, just like how Aj does it.

Is the old one still in?

I didnt look because i was under the New Tab picking a new finisher for my CAW but I believe so because the new Forearm is called Phenomenal Forearm 2

Still curious what you all rated the game before and after this patch though

It doesn't really work like that, tbh...it's the same game. It just works better in some areas now. I wouldn't give it a point value increase. It's just the same game but better. It's like putting sugar in your coffee or something. It's sweeter. The flavor changes. Know what I mean? You wouldn't necessarily say "this coffee is now an 8/10"...it would just be slightly sweeter coffee.

The game is better. It works better. Things that are supposed to work in a specific way now work in the way that they are intended to work...

It took me 3 weeks to download the 14 GB update only to be slammed with another 16 GB update, *Censored* you 2k honestly *Censored* you

Bruh...where the hell do you live and who do you have for internet. 3 weeks to download a patch jesus christ.

In the past I guess, game hasn't been out for 3 weeks.

Archived