Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

»highlight

Anybody here have tattoos?

I got my first sleeve done on saturday and basically my artist screwed me by telling me to use Aquaphor to heal it. I find out it just draws the ink right out of the skin lmfao

14690968_10210312112946624_3682175712915

Do you have any tattoos and what did you use while it healed?

I've got almost a dozen tattoos and I've always used A&D ointment. Good looking tattoo, btw.

Yep,got my first one the spring of last year.

R1iicVY.jpg

During the final touches.

I used Aquaphor to heal mines only for a week I think and it still looks great to this day. Next tattoo plans are of Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

Got three right now, working on a horror sleeve on my left arm though lately. Got a Jason Voorhees mask for now, gonna be adding a Freddy Krueger claw on November 28th then hopefully a Frankenstein's monster, Nosferatu, and whatever else will fit once those are done :lol:

And yeah, A&D ointment all the way for healing.

I have four arm tattoos, two on each arm, my entire chest, both sides of my ribs, and my shoulder blades. I'll get my sleeves started next year when I'm finally allowed to lol

I've used Aquaphor for all of them and they look fine.

Cj6fCWCXEAAMrgp.jpg

Only one i have a picture of offhand. A girl on twitter made the design and gave me permission to use, she had a ton of awesome wrestler designs.

Nah but I will get my first either at the start of next year or on my 21st.

On the 31st, I'm going in to get started on my first and it's going to cost between 200 to 300 dollars. I was wondering what the tip should be for the artist.

It depends. I mean, you're already paying them to do their job and I don't really get the whole tipping idea in the first place. If they do a stellar job, provide good company in the chair and it's a general good atmosphere then tip him whatever you feel is necessary.

Don't tip. I don't even tip in restaurants. People already get paid to do their jobs.

Don't tip. I don't even tip in restaurants. People already get paid to do their jobs.

I think American culture is more open to the idea of tipping. I don't ever do it, I don't see the need.

Well I'm open to tipping because it's work for them regardless and, much like a salon, they have to pay for their own spot and have their own equipment, etc.

Well yeah, that's your choice and if you're pleased with the job, why not. When people do tip, is it usually 10% or something like that?

Depends on how well the service went, in my opinion... I'll normally go over 20% if its warranted.

For the record, I have two tattoos... one was a homemade job with a homemade tattoo gun, and the other was done in a legit tattoo parlor.

I'm going to get the generation 1 starters in their pokeballs with their elements surrounding their respective balls. Starting with Charmander.

Well yeah, that's your choice and if you're pleased with the job, why not. When people do tip, is it usually 10% or something like that?

I usually give my guy a tip based on what he charges me. Dude's work is stellar, has a huge TV so i can watch netflix as i get tattooed and orders food for people. The best tattooing experience ever.

When I got my LOTR piece done on my calf I played GTA for 5 hours lol.

The naked devil woman on my upper right arm has a nice rack, and was about 100x less painful to get than I remember that homemade tattoo being. That's all I have to add. :shifty:

The naked devil woman on my upper right arm has a nice rack, and was about 100x less painful to get than I remember that homemade tattoo being. That's all I have to add. :shifty:

I have some shitty doodles on my left shin. They were very painful. :lol: especially the hotdog with a sail attached to it.