Anybody here have tattoos?

»highlight

The naked devil woman on my upper right arm has a nice rack, and was about 100x less painful to get than I remember that homemade tattoo being. That's all I have to add. :shifty:

I have some shitty doodles on my left shin. They were very painful. :lol:especially the hotdog with a sail attached to it.

Wait what.

The naked devil woman on my upper right arm has a nice rack, and was about 100x less painful to get than I remember that homemade tattoo being. That's all I have to add. :shifty:

I have some shitty doodles on my left shin. They were very painful. :lol:especially the hotdog with a sail attached to it.

Wait what.

Lmao. Drunk fun in my friends house, it's only about two inches big. I have the hotdog boat, which is green btw, a yellow pizza slice and "orc scum" in black ink at the base of my ankle. Can't see them when I have socks on.

Also no I don't "regret" them really, I would prefer not to have them I suppose, but they don't do any harm. They provide a funny story when people ask.

Edit; I forgot the little alien head I did myself on the side of my ankle. I named him Chug.

I've planned on getting for years but just never got round to it. Finding the right design, for the right area just seems like a headache for me. I can never decide on something or where to put it. I generally want the emblems to the core Justice League members but I just put it off constantly.

Plus I feel I'm too skinny for 'em right now, as weird as that sounds. Skinny fatass over here.

I've planned on getting for years but just never got round to it. Finding the right design, for the right area just seems like a headache for me. I can never decide on something or where to put it. I generally want the emblems to the core Justice League members but I just put it off constantly.

Plus I feel I'm too skinny for 'em right now, as weird as that sounds. Skinny fatass over here.

Honestly if you're skinny then there's less padding for the needles. People always ask "didn't that hurt?" And to that I say "I'm a fatass, I have a lot of padding".

I have some shitty doodles on my left shin. They were very painful. :lol: especially the hotdog with a sail attached to it.

I know the feeling... I'm just thankful that I wasn't too drunk to ask my friend to use a 20 ounce bottle cap to use as a circle template. Still remember to this day the good laugh my Dad had at my expense as I gingerly walked up the stairs the very next morning.

(It's basically the stoned smiley face that they used to promote the movie 'Dazed and Confused' when it premiered back in the '90s.)

It's mostly about your own personal pain tolerance. I'm skinny, I've had tattoos done on mainly bone, and in most cases it doesn't hurt. I've had tattoos done on the fleshy part of my forearm that I have felt were pretty painful. Out of all my tattoos, the ones done on my fingers hurt the most, and the batman begins emblem on my chest hurt the least, along with the sides of my neck.

Only part that was painful as far as my professionally finished tattoo goes would be the part of the devil woman's foot that slightly goes into the inside of my bicep/armpit. Aside from that - a tattoo from a legit parlor "hurts" infinitely less than that homemade jobber I (drunkenly) decided to get in the '90s.

• 2 weeks later...

2khfvc.jpg

Got this at 17.

Gonna have a sleeve of all my favourite stuff.

Little Rick

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind

Randy Marsh playing guitar hero

Clarence strutting

Bray Wyatt illumination logo

Adam Demamp

Kenny Powers thrusting

Sanjay and Craig (with Craig going round whole arm)

BlackCraftCult on my wrist

Ice King from Arventure Time

A couple meaningful dates etc.

Woo.

Ps as you can see. I tensed like hell and pushed my bicep as close to my chest as possible for maximum big arm affect. I popped a vein. No lie.

• 2 weeks later...

2khfvc.jpg

Got this at 17.

Gonna have a sleeve of all my favourite stuff.

Little Rick

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind

Randy Marsh playing guitar hero

Clarence strutting

Bray Wyatt illumination logo

Adam Demamp

Kenny Powers thrusting

Sanjay and Craig (with Craig going round whole arm)

BlackCraftCult on my wrist

Ice King from Arventure Time

A couple meaningful dates etc.

Woo.

Ps as you can see. I tensed like hell and pushed my bicep as close to my chest as possible for maximum big arm affect. I popped a vein. No lie.

Rest in Pepperoni if that's suppose to spell out Milwaukee.

The artists themselves have a lot to do with the pain involved with the tattooing process as well. The machine is a tool, and the way they use it means everything. My artist used to hurt quite a bit (when I could *censored*ing afford to get work done...lol)...but she got the ink really deep, and my colors are still quite pronounced. That said, the pain never bothered me. It becomes therapeutic to an extent. But, yeah...you might have an artist who doesn't hurt at all...but the finished product might be light as hell and fade really bad in the first year. Which is why you actually find an artist if you plan on getting a lot of work done...and don't just randomly go with whoever.

Anyway...here are some old, old, super old photos of mine from when they were first being done. I'll try to take some new pictures soon:

24lvuok.jpg

n16ltt.jpg

34or7k0.jpg

Shit...I don't have a color photo of the second one. Yeah, these were done in like 2011. Lmao...anyway, they're just full leg/calf pieces that extend a bit onto my shins. The first one is on my right outside leg. The second is on my left outside leg. Yeah...I'll get some updated pics tomorrow maybe.

Also, I always tipped my artist when I got work done. It's a good way to maintain the kind of relationship where they always try to do their best and don't rush anything. Besides, the artists do a lot of work sometimes for not a lot of money. Usually about $100 an hour, and most of that probably goes to the shop they work in. It's not like they get to keep all of that. It's art, and you get what you pay for.

Just got my 12th done last week, on my shoukder. I Have a couple artists I use, depends in where I am, geographically, on who I go to.

Plan on getting full sleeves when I get out of the military later this year.

I thought the military recently changed their rules about tattoos, so that it's literally just your face and your hands that you can't cover. Could have sworn that I heard something along those lines.

I thought the military recently changed their rules about tattoos, so that it's literally just your face and your hands that you can't cover. Could have sworn that I heard something along those lines.

Three of the four branches (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force) changed their rules to allow them, and I got lucky enough to be in the one branch who still doesnt.

I think Navy just recently allowed small neck tattoos that are no longer than an inch or something. I'm not sure if we're the only branch that allows that, though.

I've gotten my whole forearm covered since I've been in. Was debating on getting my full sleeve done on my right arm while I was overseas, but I'm just gonna get it in the states instead.

Archived