WarGreymon's WCW CAWs - 10/4/2017 - Hulk Hogan

WarGreymon77

Last year, I was surprised by the fact that despite Alundra Blayze being in the game, nobody had made a Madusa alternate attire or CAW. So what I did last year was assemble Madusa's 1997 attire on 2K's Alundra Blayze and upload it. But it looked weird because 1. her eyes were weird, 2. the face was pretty generic, 3. WCW Madusa didn't wrestle with her hair up, at least during this time period. 4. Her body looked too thick.

So this year, with the aid of WWE Network, I decided to do something better. I've never uploaded a CAW from scratch before, so I am not going to be making this a habit.

Madusa
Tags: Madusa, ALUNDRA_BLAYZE, WarGreymon77

As I said before, I love this hairstyle for her.
vEXl4Jc.jpg

Madusa '99 (separate CAW)
Tags: Madusa, ALUNDRA_BLAYZE, WarGreymon77
Attire 1 based kinda loosely on Starrcade 1999.
vOyQ2Rn.jpg

Meng
I wanted to try to find the original post, so I could give credit, but for the life of me, I can't. I swear I got this idea from seeing some guy's CAW thread on a forum somewhere where he said he was making CAWs by using screenshots from the previous games as face photos. It works brilliantly for Meng because his hair bordered his face. He turned out perfect. I just had to do a lot of morphing to shape his head and body. I tried the same method with Big Show and Booker T, but Show looks like a default CAW with a texture slapped on, and Booker... well I can't cover up the background without it looking like crap.

Also,
I wanted to use the tied back long hair for Meng, but I tried coloring it black and it turned gray instead. Haku should have his elbow pads in the game. I might have grabbed the wrong screenshot.
Tags: Meng, WCW, WarGreymon77
Ooh2BVT.jpg

nWo Sting
I was waiting for this DLC! The black and white turned out better than I expected. This is Jumpin' Jeff Farmer, a.k.a. nWo Sting, a.k.a. bogus Sting as Tony Schiavone called him. First attire based on September 23, 1996. Second attire based on ~1997. I wish I could find my source. I've been planning for this for a long time, see.
PS4 tags: WCW, STING, WarGreymon77
MUJzKCn.jpg
DMSV2O8.jpg

Woman
Just call me the manager man, I guess. The resemblance isn't quite there, but I tried my best.
PS4 Tags: Woman, WCW, WarGreymon77, Nancy, Sullivan, RIC_FLAIR, WLF
BJngAVI.jpg

Steve McMichael
"Mongo" is censored on community creations, for some reason. Well anyway, Wizard of thay on WLF was kind enough to create this awesome Mongo McMichael and upload him for me to finish. I have given him an entrance, set his abilities, tweaked his attire to better fit my Horseman attires for Arn and Hennig, and built a moveset from the ground up. In fact, I'll upload the moveset as a separate entity later as well. And I've uploaded my edited version of Mongo.

PS4 Tags: MONGO, WCW, WarGreymon77 (description tags: STEVE, MCMICHAEL, WLF)
JGCRAeu.jpg

Miss Elizabeth (WCW)

This face photo looks much more natural than my Madusa's, and by that I mean you can change her hairstyle to just about anything except bald, and it'll blend in.
PS4 Tags: MISS ELIZABETH, RANDY_SAVAGE, WarGreymon77
gFcpetc.jpg

Col. Rob Parker See Latest Posts
This took me hours, despite only being a manager. Default moves and stats, but he does have a call name, height & weight (based on Wikipedia), and hometown. Tbh, I kinda like him better that 2K16's model. But his suit and hat are not listed under "WWE" unlike Sherri and Harlem Heat's stuff, so it was a guessing game to get the right parts. Also, I still hate fiddling with face photos.
PS4 Tags: WCW, STUNNING_STEVE_AUSTIN, WarGreymon77
I also put "tags" in the description just in case: COLONEL,PARKER,HARLEM,WLF

g4KnnMt.jpg

---

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a NEW AND IMPROVED Madusa! My crown jewel CAW! Finally, no more splotchy face! And no more Joker smile. After months and lots of work, I finally managed to figure out how to fix my Madusa! No more using angles, hair, facial expressions, or glitchy "face art" logos. She looks good enough that I started looking into Madusa '92, but I don't know much about early WCW, so you're stuck with '96-97 and '99-2000 :) .
hgaDlK6.jpg
If I knew exactly what she wore, I could actually put it on Alundra Blayze... 2K Blayze's face still looks generic to me, though. Don't mind the expression on 92's face. Most of these menu poses do that regardless.

Another future project, maybe for 2K18. Something looks off. Probably the body morphing.
ldiB8iq.jpg

I have a NEW AND IMPROVED Madusa! My crown jewel CAW! Finally, no more splotchy face! And no more Joker smile. After months and lots of work, I finally managed to figure out how to fix my Madusa! No more using angles, hair, facial expressions, or glitchy "face art" logos. She looks good enough that I started looking into Madusa '92, but I don't know much about early WCW, so you're stuck with '96-97 and '99-2000 :) .

hgaDlK6.jpg

If I knew exactly what she wore, I could actually put it on Alundra Blayze... 2K Blayze's face still looks generic to me, though. Don't mind the expression on 92's face. Most of these menu poses do that regardless.

Another future project, maybe for 2K18. Something looks off. Probably the body morphing.

ldiB8iq.jpg

you're madusa is spot on. it's a shame i've just gotten past her retirement (i'm 2 weeks away from bash at the beach 97) but i guess i could use that for the 99 return lol

as for the giant it looks good but i would definitely say the head needs a bit more puffyness and yeah the body morphing too

also if i were you i would use the short singlet (the one where the trunks goes right above the knees. in 97 that's what he mostly wore. He had the trunks singlet too but from mid-97 - Starrcade he had the short 1 armed singlet. (hope i'm making sense here) but they look great man

For The Giant, I just wish that I could take the thicker strap from the singlet you mentioned and put it on Andre's singlet. I was hesitating on the face morphing because I was trying not to make him as bloated as 2K's model. He needs a little more work. To my surprise though, Paul Wight in 2K16 had a different face than Big Show '99/2000 so that's what I used for him. Harlem Heat Booker T also looked different from '03 Book. I guess 2K put more effort into some legend versions than others. Hit or miss. Probably time constraints.

For The Giant, I just wish that I could take the thicker strap from the singlet you mentioned and put it on Andre's singlet. I was hesitating on the face morphing because I was trying not to make him as bloated as 2K's model. He needs a little more work. To my surprise though, Paul Wight in 2K16 had a different face than Big Show '99/2000 so that's what I used for him. Harlem Heat Booker T also looked different from '03 Book. I guess 2K put more effort into some legend versions than others. Hit or miss. Probably time constraints.

yeah i know. I planned on using the singlet Aiden had the only problem was that belt thing. but yeah. And i agree with your caw mode suggestion i think you posted it on the 2k wishlist where you wanted 2k14 caw parts cause the singlet in 2k14 was perfect. and yea Paul had a different face. If they had just given us the paul wight they used in the austin showcase that had the long straight blonde hair no ponytail we wouldn't even be having this problem cause it was perfect.

Booker T always looked different from his 03 look. i think because when you grow twists and dreads it shapes your head a certain way. When i had long dreads my head was alot more oval than when i had my Fade. now that i have my fade again my head is more square shaped. then again that's what happens with alot of afro americans between growing their hair and having short hair.

but you are right about the more effort stuff.

i really wanted them to use the giant model from 2k14. all they had to do is "modernize it to the 2k17 standards" that giant model was perfect.

But yeah man i love alot of your creations. can't believe i'm saying this. I started at April of 96 in 2k16 and i'm now in Week 3 of July 97 (i bypassed the stupid rodman tag match and gave Luger the title shot at BATB so he can atleast have a Month reign lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Col. Rob Parker - New and Improved
I went back to the drawing board here. Don't expect miracles, since my only source for a "face pic" was from pausing a mediocre quality shoot interview with bad lighting. But this time I took my new knowledge about how to use face pics. Last time he looked like he had a CAW face. This time I did some morphing. My only complaint is that the top of his forehead is kinda dark red, like he got a deep sunburn. But anyway, he looks great in gameplay, and that's what counts.
MPoI1Lf.jpg

I tagged the hell out of him this time.
J2yFoj1.jpg

I'm thinking about re-doing Miss Elizabeth, The Giant, Booker T, Stevie Ray, and Woman, if I can. We'll see.

I had to go back the the drawing board for The Giant. I might never finish that.

But, I made some improvements to Meng and re-uploaded. I dyed his goatee black, and found a much better hairstyle to use. I also found a much better entrance jacket for him. Fixed his head shape a little bit. Again, Haku is attire #2 (not shown). Haku has his elbow pads and all that. My Meng/Haku is literally perfect now.
Y1AMubD.jpg

We finna hurt somebody! Man I love Harlem Heat! The gang's almost all here. I've got the Colonel, Booker T, Stevie Ray... According to my CC search, nobody has created Sista Sherri yet. Oooh, Jackie is in this game... I wonder if somebody has made a Harlem Heat attire for her! I can't take full credit. 2K made some GREAT Harlem Heat models last year. Still bitter about their removal. I don't think their tag team entrance is even in the game anymore. Somebody at 2K must really hate the Heat.
IokWOrX.jpg
QLNBthT.jpg
WlWEoph.jpg

Of course, if you're not into Harlem Heat, there's other things you could do with it.

BBlT0jB.jpg

Remember, you can find all of my stuff with the WarGreymon77 tag! If that doesn't work, try WCW or BOOKER_T

• 1 month later...

Sensational [Queen] Sherri
WWF/Macho King
5Tv8MoG.jpg

Sista Sherri
WCW/Harlem Heat
QaKWgaK.jpg

I'm using the official Xbox 360 face textures for Sherri. I tried to make it so she's not so dark skinned, but ehh. You know, it's weird. With logos/textures you upload for belts or arenas, they end up being super bright, but faces end up dark. These games, man. Anyway, as she is a manager, I didn't give her any moves, entrance, or taunts.

I finally got the whole 2K16 Harlem Heat band back together in 2K17! All 4 of them! I never thought myself a CAW maker, and considering I mostly used 2K's faces, you could say I'm still not. But I love this anyway.
kW5zcXP.jpg

And by the way, Lord Steven Regal is definitely coming now. I just need to put his moveset and everything else together, so it might be a while.

• 1 month later...

I was going to upload Lord Steven Regal, but I checked CC, and there's better ones uploaded already. Seemed like a waste. So I changed my mind...

Surprise CAW. As of this writing, I might stick with 2K17 until at least 2K19's release, but we'll see when they announce the DLC for 2K18.

Rowdy Roddy Piper
Tags: Rowdy, Roddy, Piper, WCW, WarGreymon77
Based on his WCW run. I was going to try the blond hair (see Google image search of 'Roddy Piper WCW' without quotes) but I just wasn't satisfied with it. It's still there as attire 2, but no shirt. I went back and forth on the jacket, but I thought "If they don't like it, they can easily delete it."
NcGx2pe.jpg

I had been working on this CAW for a very long time. Probably since the HoF DLC came out! I don't remember quite how I did it, because I was definitely struggling! But I managed to finally get this close to the real Paul Wight likeness. Now here's the kicker. The face scan I used is from his 2K16 retro model. So obviously, Yukes had the tools to make Big Show '99 look like this if 2K wanted them to.

The Giant
Dtptw6u.jpg

Comparison
uSOjnSG.jpg

Damn, Big Show's face got puffy over the years. Don't worry about that Jericho. I don't currently plan on uploading him. I haven't done any attire work. You see, I was testing to see if I'd be able to replace legends that were removed by 2K in future games. Speaking of which, I have a little preview of someone who might be taking Jacqueline's upload slot.

Just as I wanted a younger, leaner Giant, I also wanted a younger, leaner Hulk Hogan. Most of the Hogans you find are either 80s or 2002/2005. The face scan I used here is actually a rare screen capture I took from WWE Network, a couple of years ago.
(Image Removed)

Looks like I forgot to match the colors on the wrist bands and trunks on his entrance attire to the ring attire or vice versa. When they bring Hogan back to these games in an official capacity, I'll do the red shirt from 2000. Yappapi, brother!

Archived