Wrestling School.

Emrys

I train at Progress Wrestling's Projo in Brixton but only been there for about 6 weeks now so still in my early days for now.

Brixton? As in South London, Brixton?

I live near there. Well, like 20 minutes away :lol:

Yeahh haha I live in East London and the dojo is in a secret location somewhere around Brixton ;)

You don't really have a style or a moveset or anything. You just learn basic stuff, like slams, dropkicks, STF etc. Just holds and elementary stuff, for a looong time. Also a lot of fitness, basically. Cardio and reaction training. It's fun, but it's not glamorous whatsoever. Also fall training. Doesn't matter how long you've been there, you'll likely just do that *censored*ing fall training. :lol:

Had my 1st training session back in 2012 when I was allowed to take part in a free training session. Lots of basic stuff. Started to train again about a year ago but in January I broke my foot so I'm more behind the scenes right now. Training was a lot of fun and the people I trained with were awesome people. Trainer as well who lets me train free in exchange for graphic design service. I actually made my pseudo debut 2 months ago. I was doing photography but a heel whos feuding with my trainer called me in the ring and recognized me as a traniee. He asked who trained me and I answered, which resulted in 2 RKO's. Most fun I had.

Before my injury, I was at the point where I started to build up a moveset. I did quite a few training matches against Blue Falcon, who will be my tag partner once I actually debut. Those matches were awesome

Started training about 2 and a half years ago. Walked into a pretty good situation, and got tra ones by some awesome people (including the guy that plays Matanza on Lucha Underground). It's kinda funny, for a while we didn't even have a space to train in a ring at, so we resorted to wrestling mats in my head trainers garage, but that was probably my favorite time since it forces you to get the basic shit down since that's literally all you can do.

And while there's no money in indy wrestling, I'm absolutely treating this like a profession as far as time dedicated goes, in the hopes that the money will soon follow.

As far as my style goes, I'd say I'm just now starting to figure it out. For a while I wanted to do more flashy stuff, but that really wasn't me. I'd describe my style as the european grinding style (I watch a TON of Nigel McGuiness footage), and I'm trying to pepper in some lucha stuff as well.

I've always wanted to (wrestling was my dream when I was a kid, and it'd probably help me drop some of the weight I struggle with) but I live in a small town and the nearest school is in Hamilton.

Went to training with a local wrestler who's done a few TNA house shows. I tend to work whenever I get the opportunity. I really enjoyed the experience, but it's not cheap and you get out of it what you put into it, my style has evolved into using raw power with a mixture of technical fronts here and there. Nothing too fancy, just think of Jason Jordan and add in a few submission holds with some hip-tosses and you've got me. I like to focus more-so on my mic work which I wasn't really taught in school.

It's a profession to me, I want to work and work and work. I never get tired of putting on a show and my main goal is to make it to the WWE. As for a short goal? Japan.

I went when I was 15 and wrestled untill I was around 24. Quit cuz of to many injuries. Made a return in 2012 and all has been good since. My style is tech/high flyer. I'm the one getting backbody dropped in my profile pic.

What's your ring name?

I went when I was 15 and wrestled untill I was around 24. Quit cuz of to many injuries. Made a return in 2012 and all has been good since. My style is tech/high flyer. I'm the one getting backbody dropped in my profile pic.

What's your ring name?

RaveWayneBoo same as on here bro. On the 20th I am in a 7 man cage match with "Franchise" Shane Douglas! So excited. How do I upload a photo? I'll post the show flyer in here

I have my practical exam tomorrow and if I pass I can move onto Intermediate/Advanced training at the Projo but apparently it's insanely hard to pass... Pretty damn nervous to say the least.

What do they have you do in the exam? We didn't have anything like that. My first day was running ropes and bumps. That was a long time ago tho.

I have my practical exam tomorrow and if I pass I can move onto Intermediate/Advanced training at the Projo but apparently it's insanely hard to pass... Pretty damn nervous to say the least.

What do they have you do in the exam? We didn't have anything like that. My first day was running ropes and bumps. That was a long time ago tho.

Yeah their training method is an 8 week course on the basics where week 8 (tomorrow) is the practical exam. If you pass you go on to the next level of training, and if you fail you can retake it once more and then can redo the beginner's course if they think you've got the potential in the long run.

The exam covers cardio, rolls, bumps, rope running, the international drill, chain wrestling, and strikes. I know my cardio, rolls, bumps, international and chain wrestling is fine, it's just the strikes that I've not had much practice with and the specific technique they're looking for with rope running that I'm not 100% confident on.

Damn sounds cool, wish my school had been that way. I was thrown in a match after two months and it was kinda learn on the job type deal. I help with training now and strikes are an issue with a lot of people so don't sweat it. I've been at it for years and still do random strikes and promos At work and home all day haha. Just keep practicing and I'm sure you will pass bro.

Haha jeez I'm only 2 months in myself and the thought of having my first match is unreal. Ah that's good to know. Apparently if you pass 5 of the 7 things then that counts as a pass overall so I'm hoping the ones I'm strongest in help me pull through into the next level. Thanks for the well wishes mate!

I help with training now and strikes are an issue with a lot of people so don't sweat it. I've been at it for years and still do random strikes and promos At work and home all day haha

You got that right, man. I've been having matches for almost 2 years and I still think my strikes are shit lol

So I did my exam yesterday. Managed to pass 6 out of the 7 things we were being tested on! Only one I didn't pass, as I expected, was striking but they said my technique was perfect and I just need to deliver them with more impact and I'll be set.

Either way, managed to make it into the intermediate class where (for Progress fans out there) Damon Moser will be my teacher and have my first class in about 3 hours.

I know the name Damon Moser, but I cannot claim to know much about him (I have not yet been to a Progress show, although that will change in January).

Anyway, congratulations on making it through your test successfully, and good luck at the intermediate level.

Archived