Cut Scenes in Universe Mode.

King Homer

Yeah when they said they put alot of work into Universe Mode this year due to having no Showcase Mode i was really looking forward to alot of cool new cutscenes. Sadly i've only had a few cutscenes happen so far in universe Mode and they was all old cutscenes from 2K16, ya know rival coming out and sitting ringside, rival jumping you after the match with the title, rival walking on stage and motioning he wants the title.

I seriously think the only thing they did with Universe Mode was add promos and copy and paste all the cutscenes from 2K16.

It's really sad :c I forgot to mention I've been editing every card, does doing so disable the cut scenes?

I've been wanting to know this as well, i made a topic asking this specifically and no one replied. So it'd be nice if someone whos edited a card in Universe and had a cutscene happen could chime in here and let us know.

Do you keep editing away current feuds?

Does editing a match with a feud in it still mess it up? It's hard to tell since it just has an "R" next to anyone in a rivalry instead of labeling the match as a rivalry match.

It doesn't end the rivalry, but I do believe it messes up anything that universe mode had planned for that week.

I haven't been doing Universe Mode seriously (warned off somewhat by the glitch reports), but I started one just to see how it works. I had a really weird interference scene in a match between Rusev and Titus O'Neil; as Rusev was coming down the ramp, D-Von and Jack Swagger appeared and started beating on him. I was playing as Rusev so I tried to fight back, and then Xavier Woods came out and joined in. I feel like that must have been a glitch of some sort, but it was a pretty epic one.

I think there's a glitch that if you use custom arenas, cut scenes won't be shown, at least on PS4. I was wondering why I didn't get any cut scenes, then I defaulted back to the regular RAW/Smackdown arenas and I suddenly started getting cut scenes every week.

I think there's a glitch that if you use custom arenas, cut scenes won't be shown, at least on PS4. I was wondering why I didn't get any cut scenes, then I defaulted back to the regular RAW/Smackdown arenas and I suddenly started getting cut scenes every week.

Nope, I use custom arenas and get cutscenes

I've deleted all allies enemies but left tag teams. Created rivalries manually and I get cutscenes most of the time.

I think it also depends on who wins the match. For instance, if the next cutscenes lined up for a rivalry is A beating down B after the match then A has to win the match. Obviously there is no way to tell what cutscenes is chosen next or who should win to activate it but that's what I've gathered so far

Sorry to necro slightly, but I only just realized there was backstage cutscenes in universe mode too. Just had Leon Blackgrave bump into Aston Raine backstage before Blackgraves match, and they kinda stared eachother down before he left.

Archived