WarGreymon's Championship Belts - Oct. 30, 2017

WarGreymon77

I believe my championship belts should be better than last year's. I have better logos, I think. When WCW officially broke away from the NWA, the final step in 1991 was to create their own set of brand new belts. For the most part, the ones created at this time all seem to be fairly uniform. I love their designs. I just wish that the early 90s WCW World Championship was larger, and perhaps all-gold. Anyway, none of my belts are part of that set except for maybe the TV Title. I'll get to that. All belts are listed on CC by their name in bold. Try searching by tag WarGreymon77. And until we can finally move and color the nameplates, I won't be using them on any belts.

Final note: I was working on a moveset for Ultimo Dragon last night, but it took me hours and I'm still working on it. I had no idea create-a-moveset was so time consuming these days. First up is the...

WCW Women's Championship
Existed from 1996-1997. Created for Madusa in theory? In practice, the only champion was a Japanese star, Akira Hokuto, managed by Sonny Onoo.

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
This past summer, I noticed the dual-plating, with the silver backing around the letters (among other places). I decided to try my hand at it. I actually darkened the plates on my computer before uploading to create-a-championship, because I knew how much the lighting in this game brightens up everything.

(Outdated Image Removed)

WCW Television '91-95 Championship
Unfortunately, most of the early 90s belt designs mentioned above were dropped by 1995. I believe the United States Championship was the only survivor. The early 90s tag team belts somehow survived into 1997, even after the redesigned tag team titles were introduced. The Steiners held them while the Outsiders had the new belts. I am planning to create the 1995-2000 belt as well, but I'm replacing the ugly wCw logos with more accurate WCW logos. Call it an eccentricity. Anyway, this belt was carried by the likes of Stunning Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko, and Lord Steven Regal.

nWo World Heavyweight Championship
(announced as WCW nWo World Heavyweight Championship)

WCW Television '95-00 Championship
(Outdated Image Removed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, guys. Downloads on my alt account have come to a complete halt and it's stuck on bronze. All 5 slots are used for CAWs, arenas, and shows. I'm thinking about doing a championship or two. No guarantees. I see the TNA titles on CC. Alundra Blayze WWF Women's championship is probably there. I mean it was last year. I looked into the unused WCW [1999 logo] tag team championship and the cruiserweight tag team championship. Next to impossible to find decent logos. I bet the WWE warehouse has those belts.

It bugs me that weird shit like McDonald's and Pokemon are bigger draws than WCW on these games.

EDIT: After looking at CC, I decided I might do WWF Light Heavyweight (Red), WCW Light Heavyweight, WWF Women's (Blayze). Maybe an all-gold WCW '91-93 World Championship but probably not. Somebody had already done the Big Green (Iron Sheik).

Needing nearly 700 more downloads for my alt account to break out of bronze status, I've crafted 5 new championship belts. I would have done the WCW Cruiserweight Women's Championship as well, but none of the women on the roster were actually eligible for it. Must be some kind of bug, because when you select cruiserweight and women's on the same belt, no one is eligible. Not even the petite, like Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks.

As always, when in doubt, search tag WarGreymon77. WCW, WWF, and WLF should work as well.

WWF Light Heavyweight (Red)
I don't think they ever actually used the scratch logo on the red version. There's pictures online of Gillberg and Christian with this yellow logo version.

WCW Tag Team 2001

This is a request I got for 2K16. This one came out much better than I expected. Especially considering the only images I could find were from a YouTube video by the belt collector, Hazard. This design, utiliizing the 1999-2001 WCW "starship logo" is real (crafted by J-Mar, I believe), but WCW was bought out before they could use it. And yet, WCW never thought to add their company logo to the World Heavyweight Championship. Anyway, I think it looks beautiful.

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team

This was also a request. This one actually ended up being darker than I expected. I'm so used to the game brightening up everything. I guess I overcompensated this time. Still looks better than I expected.

WWF Women's 1994/1995

I was going to use a hypen, but damn CC censorship. Known as the Alundra Blayze / Bull Nakano title.

WCW Light Heavyweight

This was not something I expected to do. However, I found exceptionally high quality logos via Google image search, and I couldn't pass them up. The only problem is, I couldn't tell what color this belt was supposed to be. Gold? Silver? White Gold? It looks just plain white!

• 2 months later...

Just took a look on CC. I would love your WCW Modern Tag and WCW Cruiser-Tag belts, please. I'm working on a Universe Mode where WCW stayed alive, with these modern-style belts.

Were you ever able to attempt the World Heavyweight Title used around 2008ish with the beautiful black inking on the detailing? I always loved that version of WWE's belt. It's in Hazard's History of WHC/BigGold video.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have since deleted my old WHC in the OP. I hope no one minds, but my new one is better quality. Now for today's order of business. My new WHC inspired me to look into championships again. I hadn't considered the WWF belts because I thought the game had them covered. However, I'm not really satisfied with the IC. I like having the globe colored blue. I could use the yellow one if I colored the leather black). My personal favorite is the Randy Savage / Ricky Steamboat belt with the red WWF logo. So that's on the agenda. The Winged Eagle had been bothering me. Sure they can't use a WWF logo, but why the hell is there no WWE block logo at least? I'm on the case! This will use WWF logos, as will the IC.

I think I've covered all of WCW, with the possible exception of the Women's Cruiserweight, but the restrictions for that are broken, so I won't make it. NWA maybe... but I'm sure that's been done by others. Oh! I just remembered. I was considering doing the 1992 Reggie Parks U.S. Title. I just found out that the early version with the American flag sideplates and a more elegant center plate was done by Reggie Parks. Meanwhile the later version with barely-legible sideplates, seen in the game, was crafted by J-Mar.

Bonus screenshot of the WCW World Title!
Z7b4Lja.jpg

When I got back into belts, I remembered something. I've always hated my WCW TV Title. The main plate looked like crap, and the side plates' color didn't even match it. That said, it did manage to snag 599 downloads before I deleted it last night. Tonight I present to you TWO new versions to replace the old one. Unfortunately, it looks lighter and yellower in match lighting than I had intended. I wanted it to be more orange. Regardless, it was a lot of work! The strap shape may not be ideal, but at least it has the gold tip. Oh, and my '92-'95 belt is still up on CC, so don't worry about that.

Tags: WarGreymon77

WCW Television '95-'00
This version uses the same wCw logos as real life.
JfBAfPF.jpg

WCW World Television
This version is the same belt but with real WCW logos. So you could call it a "custom", I guess.
EOoVeuc.jpg

Archived