WarGreymon's Arenas 8/17/2017 - Nitro '99 retouched

WarGreymon77

Finally! I've been wanting to make this thread for quite a while now. This thread is going to be huge if my rank goes up, since I've decided to create an alt this year in order to create more arenas. WarGreymon77 will be mostly 1997 WCW. MegaDragonzord77 will be "miscellaneous". I cannot take any requests, because both accounts are booked solid already. I have also uploaded shows for these as of Oct. 16, 2016. This year I'm focusing on quality over speed. Most of my creations should be better than 2K16 or 2K14. However, this year's game gave me some unexpected new limitations. (sentences removed) There are a lot of glitches this year, so... that's my disclaimer. Arenas are listed on CC by the name in bold. Let's get started!

Page 1

1. WCW Monday Nitro 1998

2. WCW Thunder

3. WCW Saturday Night

4. nWo Souled Out

5. Saturday Night's Main Event

6. WCW Halloween Havoc 1990

7. ECW on TNN

8. WCW SuperBrawl

9. WCW Monday Nitro 1999-2000

10. WCW Starrcade 1996

Page 2

1. WCW Uncensored

2. WCW Spring Stampede

3. WCW Slamboree

4. WCW The Great American Bash

5. WCW Bash at the Beach 1997

6. WCW/nWo Souled Out

7. WCW Road Wild

8. WCW Clash of the Champions 35

9. WCW Fall Brawl

10. WCW World War 3

11. WCW Starrcade 1997

12. WCW Halloween Havoc 1990

13. WCW Clash of the Champions XVII (17)

14. WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (1998)

15. WWF Sunday Night Heat (1998)

16. King of the Ring 1998

17. WCW Halloween Havoc 1997

18. WCW Great American Bash 1990 (WCW Old School)

19. WCW {PRO} Wrestling

20. nWo Saturday Night.(show only)

21. WCW Monday Nitro v2

Page 3

1. WCW Great American Bash 1990 (re-up)

2. WCW Halloween Havoc 1990 (re-up)

3. WCW Clash of the Champions XVII (re-up)

4. WCW Starrcade 1996 (re-up)

5. King of the Ring 1998 (re-up)

6. WCW Monday Nitro 1998 (re-up)

7. King of the Ring 1996

8. WCW/nWo Halloween Havoc

9. WCW Mayhem

10. WWF Monday Night Raw 1994

11. WCW Worldwide 1996

12. WCW Monday Nitro 1999/2000 retouched

WarGreymon77

WCW Monday Nitro 1998

Recommendations: Late 90s filter, WCW Referee 1

Apron by Judders. I was going to try to darken it a bit by using a black apron and transparency, but then it turned purple! So no go.

I'm trying something new with the announce tables this year. WCW always put the logo on the outside, and used a blank tabletop. WWE is the opposite, so I reversed it.

---

WCW Thunder

I'm starting to regret my choice in titantron, but what's done is done. No do-overs this year.

jEjJKLF.jpg

CB9swWg.jpg

WCW Saturday Night

I was going to name this WCW Saturday Night 1994-1999, but for some reason, 2K censorship forbids hyphens in arena names. *shrug*

HrnUmzy.jpg

nWo Souled Out

Recommendations: Late 90s filter, ECW Referee

There a little details here and there, like the drum set, motorcycle, and even the little mic stand. My only regret is that the "stairs" are so small.

ulcFvXl.jpg

lcT5HAr.jpg

PzXRawM.jpg

---

MegaDragonzord77

Saturday Night's Main Event '87

Recommendations: 1980s filter, WCW Referee 2

I was going to put a WWF logo on the entranceway, but it wouldn't have been accurate for the particular arena that I was referencing. Apron by Judders. Speaking of which, yeah, I just wanted an SNME with an apron logo.

STl3zBE.jpg

Yf0VdqI.jpg

WCW Halloween Havoc 1990

Recommendations: 1990s filter, WCW Referee 1

The show is listed as WCW Halloween Havoc '90, I think. Apron by Judders.

f7DUG4i.jpg

Tp2bRyf.jpg

8uUmTXU.jpg

ECW on TNN

Recommendations: Bad VHS filter, ECW Referee

I based this all on a fairly random October 1999 episode on the WWE Network.

5lcuHb3.jpg

7CUT08w.jpg

NElfEQM.jpg

D2hoBtR.jpg

htxLOeB.jpg

I was going to do Sunday Night Heat and Shotgun Saturday Night, but I messed up my turnbuckles, so I've got to start all over again. You can't edit turnbuckle logos in this game!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to use the header trick, you can just put things on a large titantron. WCW rarely used Video screens, especially in 97. They have the proper WCW lights header in the CAA now, so you can definitely get things as colorful as they used to. The black issue... Try messing around with materials. You select the pattern first, before selecting a color. You can pick any pattern, but if you just select the first one, it'll bring up materials. You can try Steel or something different to get a black. The stage area looks one way in CAA and it's different in game.

You can overlap things now, even when it's showing red, so you can use those minitron's for stage lights instead of texture placements when if you're working with an arena that doesn't have a video screen.

Did you make the ECW Blood and Guts apron? Looks awfully similar to the one I made for the arena I posted yesterday.

I actually couldn't find one, so I sloppily cut it out of a vidcap of the aforementioned episode on the Network. It looks good with the Bad VHS filter, but not so good up close.

Did you make the ECW Blood and Guts apron? Looks awfully similar to the one I made for the arena I posted yesterday.

I actually couldn't find one, so I sloppily cut it out of a vidcap of the aforementioned episode on the Network. It looks good with the Bad VHS filter, but not so good up close.

Gotcha. I was looking at it on my phone and couldn't tell. Feel free to grab the one off my arena if you want, I re-made it in photoshop so it's high res. Just toss a credit on there if you do.

You don't have to use the header trick, you can just put things on a large titantron. WCW rarely used Video screens, especially in 97. They have the proper WCW lights header in the CAA now, so you can definitely get things as colorful as they used to. The black issue... Try messing around with materials. You select the pattern first, before selecting a color. You can pick any pattern, but if you just select the first one, it'll bring up materials. You can try Steel or something different to get a black. The stage area looks one way in CAA and it's different in game.

You can overlap things now, even when it's showing red, so you can use those minitron's for stage lights instead of texture placements when if you're working with an arena that doesn't have a video screen.

I was originally skeptical because I saw a pre-release video where a guy flipped the titantron options and I saw pattern B, on, and off. This opens up new possibilities. Indeed, this is even better than the header trick! Thanks, Hova.

I've reuploaded WCW Saturday Night and Halloween Havoc 1990. Havoc '90 looks so much better!

Edit: I replaced the first screenshot for Havoc '90 and WCW Saturday Night.

Well folks, this is it. My 5th and last arena upload on my main account until my rank goes up (WarGreymon77). I'm still at Bronze. I thought 2K would've gotten rid of this system after last year. Maybe it's for the best, though. I could use a break.

WCW SuperBrawl VII

hVSYHU9.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty proud of SuperBrawl. Even more proud of Uncensored, but I've gotta save that for silver rank.

New MegaDragonzord77 arenas. I was going to do Shotgun and Heat, but those weren't very popular last year, and I need to get my downloads going if I want to make it to diamond. Still hate this stifling system.

WCW Monday Nitro 1999/2000

Recommendations: Late 90s filter, ECW Referee

It may not be perfect, but it's made by me, from start to finish. Except I used one of Judders' aprons. I didn't add a show for this one, because CC kept trying to censor my tags last night, for some reason. The stage/ramp floor is actually black, and has the metallic material, so it looks better in entrances than it does here.

JJjxtOI.jpg

WCW Starrcade 1996

Recommendations: 1990s or Late 90s filter*, WCW Referee 1

I couldn't decide on which filter to use, but on the show I uploaded, I went with 1990s. I wasn't going to do this one, but I had the logos from WWE Network anyway, and like I said, Shotgun Saturday Night and Sunday Night Heat just don't draw a dime. But I will upload them eventually!

Goldberg Pack DLC Required. I wasn't sure whether to make the video screens pattern A, pattern B, or movie. I went with pattern A so it just shows the logos. I did it that way cuz that's pretty much all of my entranceway decoration, lol!

SJxCssN.jpg

Due to this game's hashtag search system being total garbage, I've reuploaded and changed the tags on ALL of my creations. Nearly all of my creations now have WCW and WarGreymon77 in the tags. Arn Anderson no longer has the Four Horsemen tag. I think I know what the problem is. Any tag with a space in it just doesn't work. Which means... I should probably reupload DDP and change his, eventually.

So, I re-uploaded all of my creations. Everything. I changed my tags. Everything (except WWF or ECW stuff obviously) now has WarGreymon77 and WCW as hashtags, so you should be able to find them more easily. Except, SNME still has MegaDragonzord77. ECW might too, but I'm not sure. Also, I took the opportunity to change my WCW titantrons to Pattern B. I've always thought it would be cool to have a "resting logo" on the titantron but still be able to play titantron videos during entrances. Well now you can!

WCW Monday Nitro 1998
Tags: WCW, Nitro, WarGreymon77
kNtdXLm.jpg

WCW Thunder
Tags: WCW, Thunder, WarGreymon77
1Wm5dca.jpg

And a preview of Uncensored, if you will. I'm at my maximum upload slots (5), which means I can't upload it. Did I mention how much I despise these upload limits?
FBmguFP.jpg

So guys, I've been working on my PPV arenas regardless of whether or not they get uploaded. I've finished WCW Uncensored, Spring Stampede, and The Great American Bash. They're all looking excellent! Above expectations. It helps that create-a-show is also exceptional this year. But now I've hit Bash at the Beach (1997).

I'm left with a choice: Use the Bash at the Beach 1994 entranceway in the game, or make my own. The one in the game doesn't let you add, subtract, or change anything. I can't even add a logo to the tron! All you can do is change the lighting, and it still looks like shit. I remember being so excited about having Bash at the Beach in the game, but I can't even do anything with it! Very frustrating.

Now, I might be able to create my own. BUT right now I need to find objects to add to it. Right now all I've got are the cloudy sky background, the wooden plank floor, an excellent BATB logo, and the sand. AND I have no idea how they'll look in the game. I will need to look at references... but first, maybe I should try to prepare the arena in CAA.

Well. I thought my Madusa CAW was going to be a huge hit and I'd finally be out of bronze, but it seems nobody cares about her. I've got 5 superstar slots uploaded, 10 arenas, 9 shows, 5 championships, even a moveset. My only guess is that nobody is really downloading anything right now. Now because I did not plan on a lull in uploading whatsoever, I don't even know what to do. I guess I'll just keep working on my arenas for now. If I never make it out of bronze in 2K17, at least I'll have them for my own game.

Don't quit man. Your WCW stuff is great.

I got your WCW Thunder arena and a few PPVs.

I'm cautious about what I DL as I haven't been hit by the glitch yet (still backing up though!!!) and I usually wait until others confirm something is okay. Most people will probably wait for the patch, confirm it worked and then go nuts.

Well. I thought my Madusa CAW was going to be a huge hit and I'd finally be out of bronze, but it seems nobody cares about her. I've got 5 superstar slots uploaded, 10 arenas, 9 shows, 5 championships, even a moveset. My only guess is that nobody is really downloading anything right now. Now because I did not plan on a lull in uploading whatsoever, I don't even know what to do. I guess I'll just keep working on my arenas for now. If I never make it out of bronze in 2K17, at least I'll have them for my own game.

Don't feel bad, I'm about to start work on a Kidman caw and I can't imagine him being downloaded at an alarming rate lol

I could see a Madusa CAW not getting any traction. Honestly, I wouldn't think there's enough interest in that. Totally confused on why your arenas aren't catching on though. I won't be on tonight and maybe not again until later tomorrow, but I'll download some of your stuff and give you a couple more downloads...and I don't even have any use for WCW arenas in my game, haha.

I was having trouble finding it...but great job! This hashtag system is awful.

I've been using this a lot since I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e_udmzpUXU

imagine if custom themes were actually possible :/ Is the venue/crowd size you used bigger or smaller than the regular RAW size? It's deceiving. Sometimes it looks bigger, sometimes it looks smaller...I can't tell.

Thanks man. I was never big on the 1999-2001 WCW, but I thought the Nitro set was pretty cool-looking.

About the venue sizes, I can't even tell tbh. They don't look like different "sizes" to me even though they say so. I just choose venue 3 so it won't have the electronic billboard. Other than that, I can't really tell the difference between the two sizes.

Archived