Ring of Honor & Chikara Arenas for PS4, UPDATED with ROH/NJPW Global Wars

Sienar

I've updated my old Ring of Honor arenas for 2K17. Getting all the stage backgrounds was a challenge. Getting the ACTUAL new ring apron logo was a MISSION!!! In the end, I found a high resolution photo of a "This Is Wrestling" t-shirt to take it from.

Cu6L8P2WgAEXbsO.jpg%20large_zpsyrgy9ozx.

Hashtags: RING OF HONOR, ROH, ARENA

Next, I updated my 2006-2008 Ring of Honor arena for the new game. Found a decent quality ROH-TV logo to use on the screen. Let me know what you think.

Cu6L84DXgAEZZ-d.jpg%20large_zpsv3b1ke4u.

Hashtags: RING OF HONOR, ROH, ARENA

Lastly, I've created a new Chikara arena. The ring is based on the 2016 King of Trios. I even researched the actual fonts for all the logos (even the ring post) to make high resolution versions. Had to take some creative liberties with the entrance way though.

Cu6L7maWIAAaO1b.jpg%20large_zpsqdbpuq4h.

Hashtags: CHIKARA, ARENA

UPDATE: I'll probably rework the Chikara entrance in the future. I just reuploaded the Chikara arena with a fixed tron and adjusted apron logo.

I've also created an ROH/NJPW Global Wars 2016 arena, after a LOT of studying and work in Photoshop working on the apron.

CwB6cJuWIAAW8jU.jpg%20large_zpsmv1xh1xm.

Hashtags: NJPW, ROH, Global Wars

Please let me know what you all think, and ENJOY!!!!

:)

Hi,

Yeah, as spotted by ItalianoFBI above, these are for the PS4.

I've had a save corruption, so I'd have to rebuild everything from scratch before making any other ROH arenas.

To be honest, I'm more interested in perfecting a Chikara stage and maybe having a go at a PWG, assuming I've not been beaten to the punch. Someone made a pretty good PWG in 2K16. Not sure if it's been ported yet.

If I get round to rebuilding the base arena, and somebody can find some good, clear and high res photos of the stages and apron, I'd consider the odd ROH PPV.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the game won't let me upload any more of my arenas. Tried to reupload all my logos and remake my arenas from scratch and still didn't work.

Until they patch out this game (seems unlikely), looks like I'm out for the rest of this one. Sorry folks

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the game won't let me upload any more of my arenas. Tried to reupload all my logos and remake my arenas from scratch and still didn't work.

Until they patch out this game (seems unlikely), looks like I'm out for the rest of this one. Sorry folks

Well that sucks. Guess my ROH shows and PPVs are on hold until 2K sorts this out.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/788850984516739072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Patch has been submitted at least.

If you want an easy placeholder for a PPV ring in the meantime, just do what I do. Copy the arena and change to a bigger audience. It's not perfect, but it helps.

Great news! I copied the arenas a bunch of time and finally got them to show up in the upload window. This game is a programming mess and makes absolutely no sense, but can work again!

Thanks. Global Wars was doable because I had an actual copy to watch and study. I'm more of an old Ring of Honor fan and admittedly don't see much of the new stuff. If people can get me clear screen caps of the entrance displays and aprons, I should be able to pull something off.

Thanks. I'm not the best man for those Japanese rings. Identifying all those sponsors is a bit of a nightmare if you don't speak the language.

I'm a big fan of NJPW though. And NOAH before Misawa died, after which they seem to have lost the plot. I'd even go so far as to say that Kenta Kobashi is one of my all time favourites, ever.

For anyone looking for evidence, watch this match he had with Kensuke Sasaki in 2005:

I'm mainly focusing on slipping in some more ROH arenas.

Am I right in thinking that a lot of the Ring of Honor PPVs don't have special ring apron and trim displays? I just watched some War of the Worlds highlights and it was all just the basic arena. If so, I might focus on isolating some good logos for them and make those into shows.

P.s. I keep seeing little details to improve upon my base ROH arena. Like the fact that the announcers table on the real shows still features a card on top with the 2010-2015 logo. Darn you, artistic integrity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived