Game killing glitch! CC crash corrupts save data

Theviolence

You need PS+ to backup your save data to 'the cloud'

I just copy and pasted this because I'm lazy :lol:

1. Launch the Application Saved Data Management Tool

Log in to the desired PS4 user account, push up on the d-pad, and scroll to the right until you reach the ‘Settings’ icon. Scroll down until you reach the ‘Application Saved Data Management Tool’ and select it.

2. Prepare for Upload

Select the ‘Saved Data in System Storage’ icon and select ‘Upload to Online Storage’ to launch a list of your games. Remember, you’ll need an active PlayStation Plus account to access the cloud.

3. Select Your Files

At this point, you should see a list of your games. Hovering over one and pushing the Options button will allow you to turn on ‘Auto-Upload’, which will mean that any saves are copied to the cloud when your system is in standby. Selecting a game will bring up a list of files associated with it. You can select these individually or all at once. Pushing the ‘Upload’ button will copy them to the cloud.

4. Rinse and Repeat

You need to repeat this process for each game that you want to copy saves for. Again, if you intend to do this frequently for a lot of games, it might be best to switch on the auto-upload feature.

You need PS+ to backup your save data to 'the cloud'

I just copy and pasted this because I'm lazy :lol:

1. Launch the Application Saved Data Management Tool

Log in to the desired PS4 user account, push up on the d-pad, and scroll to the right until you reach the ‘Settings’ icon. Scroll down until you reach the ‘Application Saved Data Management Tool’ and select it.

2. Prepare for Upload

Select the ‘Saved Data in System Storage’ icon and select ‘Upload to Online Storage’ to launch a list of your games. Remember, you’ll need an active PlayStation Plus account to access the cloud.

3. Select Your Files

At this point, you should see a list of your games. Hovering over one and pushing the Options button will allow you to turn on ‘Auto-Upload’, which will mean that any saves are copied to the cloud when your system is in standby. Selecting a game will bring up a list of files associated with it. You can select these individually or all at once. Pushing the ‘Upload’ button will copy them to the cloud.

4. Rinse and Repeat

You need to repeat this process for each game that you want to copy saves for. Again, if you intend to do this frequently for a lot of games, it might be best to switch on the auto-upload feature.

Cheers for that. I saved it to a memory stick. There was a good walkthrough on Youtube.

This happened to me twice in the past 3 days after having around 15-24 characters/attires. Im on xbox one btw.
At first I was mad but now im just dissapointed because I really want to play the game. 2K needs to seriously patch this, I wouldnt

want anymore people going through the grief because its one thing having corrupt data its another thing having to wait for the
Download limit to go back up.

I haven't crashed yet but I've had a couple of downloads where it freezes about halfway through downloading. I didn't want to turn off my PS4 to avoid getting corrupt data so I let it sit. After about 10-15, it became unfrozen and kicked me out of CC. Didn't lose any data at all. Not sure if this is the same thing happening to others or if it is causing the game to crash and the only thing you can do is restart your system. If it is the former, I highly suggest being patient and let it time out and kick you out of CC.

Mine hasn't crashed, but it did freeze when I tried to download a Pentagon Junior and gave me an error message afterward saying "The item you're trying to download is broken" or something along those lines. It's the first Pentagon seen on the community creations home page and I don't know if you downloaded the same one, but if you did I think we should all avoid that Pentagon coz it's dangerous af.

Is this just people turning the system off when the save logo is spinning? Because, my CC has crashed a few times...or, got stuck cycling, I guess. And I've just waited. If you wait long enough, it sometimes becomes unstuck...and if not, then at least wait until there is no blue logo spinning in the bottom. I believe the white logo spinning is fine. But you don't want to power off while the blue one is there. But, that's the problem, yes? It's a personal decision to power off when the game gets stuck? Or does it force close and crash?

Good thing for me...I don't really download caws. Only alternate attires for in-game people, belts, and arenas...for the most part. Has anyone experienced problems with those?

Some advice that may prevent from corrupting files. When you download anything on Community Creations and it freezes up do not turn your xbox or PS off or reset it. First unplug your internet source and it will kick you off the network. Not saying this is a guarantee but it worked for me as I waited for about 30 minutes to see if it would unfreeze and didn't and I was reluctant to turn it off so I thought of unplugging my internet source and like I said it worked.

I've downloaded various CAWs without problems. Logo heavy ones too.

I just deleted the CAW that reportedly gave some issues to people. It was hidden by 2K anyway

If this is people shutting off their systems while their game has a loading symbol, then that's just dumb and not the CAW makers fault.

Is this just people turning the system off when the save logo is spinning? Because, my CC has crashed a few times...or, got stuck cycling, I guess. And I've just waited. If you wait long enough, it sometimes becomes unstuck...and if not, then at least wait until there is no blue logo spinning in the bottom. I believe the white logo spinning is fine. But you don't want to power off while the blue one is there. But, that's the problem, yes? It's a personal decision to power off when the game gets stuck? Or does it force close and crash?

Good thing for me...I don't really download caws. Only alternate attires for in-game people, belts, and arenas...for the most part. Has anyone experienced problems with those?

I came downstairs as I left my game downloading someone (Randy Savage WCW attires I think) and saw that the screen said some kind of error code, nothing had crashed or was still loading. I had no choice but to turn off the computer and restart. That's when the first screen said that my save data was corrupt and would I like to make new save data. I tried saying no but the only way around it was to accept it and say yes. Then - everything gone.

Since that fateful day I have stayed away from CC and, as of right now, haven't had the same problem.

I've downloaded various CAWs without problems. Logo heavy ones too.

I just deleted the CAW that reportedly gave some issues to people. It was hidden by 2K anyway

If this is people shutting off their systems while their game has a loading symbol, then that's just dumb and not the CAW makers fault.

Well if it never unfreezes what other options do they have? That is why I suggested unplugging internet source as it worked for me.

Archived