Your thoughts on the game?

liontamer*

I felt there should be a topic for this because I'm interested in reading impressions and thoughts on the game, now that it is out. It might even be helpful for people who decided not to get the game yet.

So let's get started. What are your initial thoughts on the gameplay? What are some improvements that you noticed playing the game, how's the universe and career modes and how much would you rate the game?

Only did 2 matches so far. Pretty much it's 2k16 with a few improvements. This isn't bad btw as I thought last years gameplay was fine. But it doesn't feel radically different like 2k14 to 15 or 15 to 16.

Also, I tried to do a 6 man ladder match and had to quit because the FPS was absolutely awful. No custom logos or CAWS applied.

Really excited to dive into more stuff after I download this update.

I like that matches last longer and you can't just breeze through a match in 2/3 minutes after 1 or 2 finishers at the most.

First match I did was Roman (me) against AJ. I hit the Spear 3 times and the Superman Punch 4 times before AJ finally stayed down for the 3-count. His resiliency was unreal.

love all the taunt stuff. U can literally do like 30 something taunts.

1 problem im having is w/ every match being like some epic 5 star WrestleMania match. I haven't had a normal match yet.

The game seems more responsive than 2k16....but way buggier.

having a lot of fun so far

Love the fact that the AI is much more agressive this year. Had my first match turn into a 5 star match with so many near falls and reversals. Only one question though, is anyone else experiencing serious lagging during matches? I still haven't update the patch thing due to having no internet connection at the moment. So was it a thing before the patch or?

I'm really loving this game...especially Universe, which I just started. They actually made Universe mode feel like an episode of the show. Coming from me, (someone who hated Universe mode in the past)...that shouldn't be taken lightly. They did a really nice job with this game. The only real flaws I can find are things like the body morphing and a few other minor inconveniences. Otherwise...this game is pretty flawless.

Love the fact that the AI is much more agressive this year. Had my first match turn into a 5 star match with so many near falls and reversals. Only one question though, is anyone else experiencing serious lagging during matches? I still haven't update the patch thing due to having no internet connection at the moment. So was it a thing before the patch or?

Plays better after the patch.

I think the game is absolutely amazing thus far. With that being said, I've only logged about four or five hours, most of that time being spent in Universe and Career mode.

Universe mode is just great. This is the mode that kept me coming back last year and this year? I don't even think I'll be taking a break from this game. The way it feels like an actual show is amazing. And the customization options make every show different.

Playing RAW has a COMPLETELY different vibe compared to when I play Smackdown Live. Sure, it has its glitches that will hopefully be worked out, but nothing game breaking.

My Career mode has actually been fun so far this year. I never actually kept invested the past two years in this mode. In fact, I've logged more time in it this year than any other. Simply because it's fun.

Cutting promos is awesome. The merchandise sales actually gets your creative juices flowing because you want to come up with new shirts. Everything down to doing little tasks for the authority and choosing certain moves that will excite the crowd to add into your movesets....this mode really improved this year.

Outside of those two modes, the backstage brawls are awesome. It actually makes you feel like there's more to the match than just two people competing.

For example, I had a Falls Count Anywhere match. Charlotte defending her Womens Championship against Bayley. Every time Charlotte would slam me through a table or against the stage, it added to the match. Made you really feel like there was bad blood.

Also, the roll out feature for multi man matches? *censored*ing epic. Triple threat matches will be my most played matches this year. And I always avoided them prior to this installment. Adds so much excitement to matches now.

The ladder system takes some getting used to. I couldn't set the ladder on the ring and barricade....although I've only used a ladder in an extreme rules match, perhaps it can only be done in ladder matches?

The only bad thing I can say is that starting out, the NXT roster is too small. But that will be fixed with DLC.

All in all, so far this has been the most fun I've had in a WWE game since HCTP

so far so good im liking what ive played so far gameplay to me seems more real.

i also like that the CPU is alot better and matches are more back and forth. The fact that exhibition matches earn VC is a great addition feels like no match is a waste.

Career mode has definately im proved ive only countered one negative and thats more 2k not telling us if you dont lose to samoa joe without kickstarter you go straight to the main roster instead of building yourself in nxt.

6 man matches are annoying this would be my only negative towards it so far the fact that your partners break up your submissions or pin attempts makes no sense

So far I only did one match and I enjoyed it, I've been mostly venturing through the Creation Suite so far and everything I've seen looks amazing. The game still has glitches and within the past 10 minutes I've had 2 game crashes while using Create A Video and trying to use that video I finally made in Create an entrance. I'm still enjoying the game though. I think the issue might have something to do with me trying to use my CAW's ramp cutscene in the video which contains pyro because once I chose another scene without pyro there was no crash. Bottom line, while you guys are creating stuff make sure to save often.

Only had a chance for a couple of matches yesterday and a quick look on Community Creations. The matches were great apart from some slowdown during a six-woman ladder match. My first one, with AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, that went from the ring, to the crowd, to the entrance way, all over backstage, down the aisle and ending in the ring was possibly the most fun I've had playing a single player wrestling game in many years. The game is very smooth and the movesets are getting really varied now, which is nice.

I didn't see any CAWs (apart from a great Liger that I couldn't download because I hadn't unlocked a wrestler who's moves were used for the CAW, which was mildly annoying) but I downloaded an ROH TV arena, then had great fun making the show for it. It came with a really hi-rez ROH logo that works really well with the new splash screen that you can make. It's so weird starting a match and seeing an ROH logo woosh on screen for a few seconds then vanish as it cuts to a realistic recreation of the current ROH arena. Just that little bit extra that adds to the immersion.

I will say this I absolutely hate how 2K took all the alternative attires out and now you the player has to manually create them.

I noticed this with randy Savage Wrestlemania VII and Tuesday in Texas attire.

Totally agree. Also weird how they call Jake Roberts, Jake Roberts '91, despite there only being 1 Jake Roberts with 2 attires.

It badly needs some patches. Framerates are a real concern in a lot of matches. I was super excited about having three managers at ringside, but if you actually do it it slows the game to a crawl. And I have the day one patch they put out.

CAW mode is hard to rank. Yes, body morphing being taken out really sucks. But in about ten minutes I was able to have make my CAW and be satisfied with his body type before moving on to the face. This process would have taken hours last year. But I feel like as I make more, they're going to look very samey. The face morphing is way better, with different textures and sliders. Plus the photo morphing is still in. That's all very awesome. What I really like is the new ability to apply materials to individual parts of clothing (particular colors, particular logos) instead of the whole blanket thing. Awesome new touch.

The gameplay has a few differences that are really awesome. Backstage brawling is fun, obviously, but my favorite new thing is they totally changed their turnaround animations. Now, you stomp on the guy and he turns over or you just wind up, belt him in the face with a punch and he spins around. I love it. Way more natural.

It's a mixed bag - but mostly good. I'm happy I spent the money on it, and I am not a rich man.

I like it a lot. I've played nearly every match in Universe mode and it feels different and unique each time. CAW mode is so quick and easy to use. I don't like the face photo capture but hopefully it gets patched. I love it otherwise.

Just had my first match after a slight delay in downloading thanks to a little bs from Verizon -_- anyways

My first match was Goldberg Vs AJ Styles with me playing as Goldberg. As everyone said you cant hit the spear with Goldberg i had AJ Styles reverse it twice on me. When i did finally finish the match i had post match inference from none other then brock lesnar. This was all in Exbition Mode i haven't even touched universe mode or my career mode yet.

So far my experience has been postive so far. But looks like i'll be staying away from CC till its fixed but i wanna try it for myself and see wht happens though. But hey so far so good 4 me.

Archived