Corrupted save file. PS4

Wedge10

Just had this where an error message cropped up so I exited the game. Then when I return it says that the file is corrupted and my only choice was to save over it.

Basically spent from midday until 11PM with a 2 hour break for football working on shows, PPVs, Wrestlers' attributes, their allies and enemies, tag teams, entrances - the whole bloody lot.

Nearly 10 hours work for naff all. Thank you 2K.

Anybody else had this/know what might have caused it?

I hope you guys don't have to go through this. Makes me reluctant to start all over again and waste my time. Way to make me hate the game on day one.

I didn't have mine in rest mode at all so no idea why this happened but just be careful of this as well...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/56zis1/wwe_2k17_ps4_save_data_loss_warning/

Yeah, it might've crashed or something while it was saving the data. Sorry to hear that man. If you'd seen what happened exactly i'd say report it to 2K or in the bug thread but it might be too vague due to you being out of the room. Hopefully you can get a new save up and at 'em without too much extra work.

At the time I thought I should take a picture of the error code but then thought against it. I made a bad choice there.

Well I wasn't going to bother but today is a new day, and I have decided I will go through all the winning celebrations/title win celebrations/enemies and allies/ but perhaps not all the stats this time (just keep them as is). Not because I trust this game not to do it again but if I write every bloody thing down, then when 2K address the mess and ensure that a save no longer corrupts, I will already have everything from what entrance a trio have to the allies of Bo Dallas just in the event that my save corrupts again before 2K sort things out.

Wish me luck, I just need to get through everything without it doing this again.

Hope you guys have a pleasant day on the game.

I dont understand the whole restmode thing. Who in there right mind would put the game in rest mode while still playing. Enless i miss reading something?

Anyways i haven't even gotten a chance to dive in two WWE 2k17 i've been downloading since Saturday and its now just almost finished thanks to Verizon being out for two days -.- at this rate i'll need to download another patch before i even get a chance to play

Yeah, unless maybe they wanted to charge their controller up while they got on with something else? But then I guess you would have turned the game off first. I've certainly never put the console in rest mode while the game is still on. I dunno.

Ha, it is almost laughable but you are probably right. To be fair I have had the game installed since this time yesterday, pretty much 24 hours and I still haven't played a match.

I dont understand the whole restmode thing. Who in there right mind would put the game in rest mode while still playing. Enless i miss reading something?

What's not to understand? If you have a emergency or if you have to be gone for a while, you can just put it in rest mode and resume exactly where you left off.

This happened to me. But I hadn't done anything creative yet thankfully. Sorry that happened to you it really sucks.

Sorry to hear it also shafted you. Good thing you hadn't done too much though.

Same thing just happened to me only I was downloading a macho man attire.

That's crazy. It was a Macho Man attire I was downloading at the time too I think. A really good one someone had made on here from WCW time.

Fingers crossed for you then. It's not a nice thing to happen. Also makes you reluctant to redo everything.

But redo I did and I am just 15 minutes away from backing up my save onto a USB drive. It has taken about an hour and a half to store it but it is worth it for peace of mind and now I know if I get the error again I will at least have this save that has all my edits ready to go.

Just had this happen to me on my third download from CC, luckily I had not done too much editing so far, just the initial work on my female only brand arena and belts that I was preparing for Universe Mode.

Really hope they fix this issue, as already some great creations I have discovered thanks to this site that I would love to add to my various rosters such as the awesome RVD that needs to be headlining my ECW reboot.

Because it's a great feature since they patched it in a year ago.

You can put the PS4 into sleep mode while you play a game if you need to go away and when you come back later you can start the ps4 again and can continue immediately right where you left.

It's awesome and for many people an important feature.

Archived