WCW/nWo 97-2001 Era Arena Thread - PS4 & XB1 100% Completed - Updated Thunder & Starrcade 97 for PS4

HovaThaGod32

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Any way we can have a go of this, man? Even a beta version?

It's almost finished. I think I only have to do Bash at the Beach 98's stage and GAB 90.. Just have to work on the graphical stuff.. Nameplates, Matchup screens, String replacements (So Starrcade '97 says Starrcade '97 instead of Summerslam)... all of which I really haven't felt like doing lately lol

Last few updates I can remember:

Screen_Shot_2017-06-06_at_5.41.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-11_at_6.57.44_PM.png

(Just wanted to see how this looked this way):

Screen_Shot_2017-05-20_at_9.02.18_PM.png

Renders for the Mods:

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%2010.44.

hogan.jpg

Render_Template.jpg

Also........When Revenge is released, I'll be working on WWF Attitude before I dive in to Mayhem. No Mercy will also be in the works.

Screen_Shot_2017-05-28_at_2.03.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_2.20.42_AM.png

*ignore the WCW vs nWo logos* this was just to test my WWF logo designs.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-29%20at%2012.12.

Oh yeah.. That time I tried to rig up Mall of America for a secret Nitro arena lol

Screen_Shot_2017-06-09_at_4.26.03_PM.png

Hopefully I can get it to look good.

Jesus, man. I don't know what to say other than please do keep us updated with any more videos/pictures. Absolutely love it.

So, just to try and understand - You're basically recreating these old titles in WWE 2k16? So for this, we'll have the entire Revenge roster? And then subsequently the entire Attitude roster?

If so, will they include the same arenas?

Another question:

Announce desk/announce team. Is there any way of editing the announce team to be Tony, Larry and Mike, for example? And if so, is there any way of moving the desk to next to the Nitro entrance way and having that rig around them?

Jesus, man. I don't know what to say other than please do keep us updated with any more videos/pictures. Absolutely love it.

So, just to try and understand - You're basically recreating these old titles in WWE 2k16? So for this, we'll have the entire Revenge roster? And then subsequently the entire Attitude roster?

If so, will they include the same arenas?

Another question:

Announce desk/announce team. Is there any way of editing the announce team to be Tony, Larry and Mike, for example? And if so, is there any way of moving the desk to next to the Nitro entrance way and having that rig around them?

All of these conversion mods are done in 2K17 for 2K17, using objects from WWE '12 all the way up to PC 2K17. It's a bit trickier for a WCW mod like Revenge & Mayhem because I'm pretty much making all arenas from scratch using in game arena objects to mimmic the WCW arena. So for something like Revenge, there will be NO WWE anything. Everything is getting replaced. Referees (I Already have nWo Nick Patrick), rings, backstage, crowds, nameplates, show locators, Universe stuff, show logos etc. The only thing that might not be done prior to a release is commentary sound. So although Raw will be replaced with Nitro, they might still say Raw during commentary.

I will not be doing rosters. I have mods that I want to do, but I can't dictate who and what people want changed if they download my arena mods, so it's up to them. Thankfully there's been a lot of good mods out there for WCW this year, and more to come. Same with WWF.

I haven't figured out what arenas I want to do for the WWF projects... Placement is kinda tricky because of the amount of Ramps vs Flat staged arenas, and also the text length for them. For example.. In my Revenge Project.. Nitro will be replacing Raw.. nWo Nitro will be replacing NXT. because those are 3 characters.. Raw will just be labeled WCW, and NXT will be nWo. I'm thinking of starting in Mid 97-99 for Attitude and 1999-2001 for No Mercy. I have to pinpoint when they got rid of the F for E for that one.

Commentating..... You can mod characters to replace the ones that sit at the table. Audio is a whole different ball game. All the audio files haven't been discovered and labeled yet. There's probably about 10k+ audio lines. You can remove commentary audio, but to replace it all to where it's Bobby, Tony etc.. That'd take a lot of man hours to do. Because that will also take splicing audio from the network or Mayhem/Backstage Assault then injecting every line for each wrestler you replace with a WCW wrestler.

Tables, you can't move. I can probably put an announce table by the stage, but they wouldn't sit there and people would just warp through it if it was in the way of where a wrestler could move Maybe 2K18 will change that.. but I probably won't ever do any of this again. 2K18 will have to blow 2K17 out of the water for me to consider moving on. I usually try to put things in the dead spots so it doesn't look stupid. They're also hardcoded to the arena slot. I think you can change the texturing and whether or not it has a hood, but you can't remove them from Raw to have it look like NXT. You can't add them to NXT either... Well, maybe you can, but because nWo Nitro is going into that spot, I don't really need to experiment with it.

Well that's fantastic.

I'd absolutely love to give this a try when you've finished. If you could then point me in the direction of where to get wrestler mods from, and perhaps have a list of recommended ones that you'll be using for your personal WCW roster? Tbh, i'd probably just directly copy yours as I know i'd be in safe hands. I'd presume you'll be putting together your WCW roster for personal use. If there was any way of just uploading that pack in its entirity as a 'DLC' download, that'd be amazing, as i'm completely new to the WWE modding scene.

I've inserted mods for different games before (more racing games), so hopefully won't be too difficult.

It's a real shame the commentary is such a pain, as getting all the Nitro/Thunder/Mayhem/Backstage Assault commentary would be the icing on the cake!

I don't mind perhaps helping with this exercise..

The commentary is extracted already for those games.. It's just identifying the slots for replacements.. That is the hard part at the moment. Also adding more for other wrestlers that weren't in those games.. But I really haven't dived into 2K17's audio because everything else I'm doing is already extremely overwhelming, doing the majority of it by myself. You can check SmackTalks. Pozzum has a tool called WWE 2K17+ that makes downloading and installing mods pretty easy. You just run his tool with the game I believe.. I haven't really installed any mods just yet, outside of the stuff that I've personally worked on. because I need to keep the game as vanilla as possible in case something crashes. When most things crash I can pin point and fix it.. The more I add the more hectic it can get.

I'm getting closer to the end though.. Well for Revenge. Mayhem arenas are pretty much done because most stages were very similar. The WWF stuff will be easier because a lot of things were in WWE 13 & 2K16 with the Attitude era showcases. The only thing I'd have to do is all of the artwork, because most of it is low res as hell. Those Logos for Attitude and No Mercy were done by me. 3D designed Attitude.. and drew No Mercy in PS from the press start screen for n64 lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would you consider putting a 'How To' user manual style video with your release? I've never used 2K on the PC, would be really awesome to have it all from you, as you seem to absolutely know what you're doing. I'm all over this, looks incredible. Always wanted a modern WCW game.

Well, hopefully there would be no how to video needed. I'm def not going to break down how to create them, because it's extremely time consuming and usually people end up bailing on it. How it will work is that you will place the download in the steam folder and a script will install the files, backing up the originals. If there was an uninstall needed, you'd just run the script again and it will revert the game back to normal.

• 2 years later...

I think your work is brilliant. I had no plans of buying 2k19 for my PS4 but after seeing your mods, I definitely am getting it for PC: Again, brilliant work. My problem is I read in an old thread that someone used your work illegally and you took them down or put up a password. If this is true, is there anything you could do to allow me to get all of your crow era Sting mods, and the WCW Thunder arena mod? I'm new to this, and I really would like to use your stuff.

Archived