WCW/nWo 97-2001 Era Arena Thread - PS4 & XB1 100% Completed - Updated Thunder & Starrcade 97 for PS4

HovaThaGod32

Thank you so much for your hard work. Your work is the DLC we'll never get from 2K.

Please do keep me/us posted on your future projects.

Will do. In the meantime I'm working on my WCW/nWo Revenge 2K mod. 2K17 releases on PC next month so I'll likely get all my files in order to switch over. That might be an easier transition because 2K17 doesn't have all of the renders and menu icons that 2K16 has. I'll likely end up focusing on 2K17 then working backwards to 2K16 incase the mods don't work.

Last arena:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%2012.46.

I couldn't put the stage in the corner because I'd likely lose the stage lights. I think 2K17 would be better for this as well because of the different Refs. I really want to make a nWo ref and Little Naich

Everything I update texture wise will likely get an update for consoles.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for your hard work. Your work is the DLC we'll never get from 2K.

Will do. In the meantime I'm working on my WCW/nWo Revenge 2K mod. 2K17 releases on PC next month so I'll likely get all my files in order to switch over. That might be an easier transition because 2K17 doesn't have all of the renders and menu icons that 2K16 has. I'll likely end up focusing on 2K17 then working backwards to 2K16 incase the mods don't work.

Last arena:

I couldn't put the stage in the corner because I'd likely lose the stage lights. I think 2K17 would be better for this as well because of the different Refs. I really want to make a nWo ref and Little Naich

Is the above image a mod? I just noticed the turnbuckle colours as well as the banner..?!

Last arena:

Is the above image a mod? I just noticed the turnbuckle colours as well as the banner..?!

Yeah it's a mod. The turnbuckles can be turned 3 different colors in 2K17 also (I think I did it for the console version of SuperBrawl VIII), but with modding you can add banners to every arena as you please. It's the little things lol.

Last arena:

Yeah it's a mod. The turnbuckles can be turned 3 different colors in 2K17 also (I think I did it for the console version of SuperBrawl VIII), but with modding you can add banners to every arena as you please. It's the little things lol.

That's fantastic. Gosh, i'd love to learn how to do that some day.

I was looking at each of your designs in this project, and it's actually insane to see how much your design work has improved since the first few arenas. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. The latter arenas look outstanding, particularly the stage designs. The 3D effect is a real gamechanger for me.

Last arena:

I was looking at each of your designs in this project, and it's actually insane to see how much your design work has improved since the first few arenas. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. The latter arenas look outstanding, particularly the stage designs. The 3D effect is a real gamechanger for me.

I've been working on all these nameplates and transition videos to the point I haven't been able to work on my stages. I want to add the light fixtures and boxes and wires etc to fill in the space. Haven't found a good enough strobe light object to use on the stage pieces that normally were attached to the 2000-2001 metal pieces. Last thing I was working on were the floor lights for Nitro 99. They don't even have to be lit up (still trying to learn realistic lighting), but it fills in space a lot better and makes it look a lot more realistic when you're placing them on a flat object. I'm still learning as I go so there's def a lot room for improvement

Last arena:

I've been working on all these nameplates and transition videos to the point I haven't been able to work on my stages. I want to add the light fixtures and boxes and wires etc to fill in the space. Haven't found a good enough strobe light object to use on the stage pieces that normally were attached to the 2000-2001 metal pieces. Last thing I was working on were the floor lights for Nitro 99. They don't even have to be lit up (still trying to learn realistic lighting), but it fills in space a lot better and makes it look a lot more realistic when you're placing them on a flat object. I'm still learning as I go so there's def a lot room for improvement

Scary to think there's that much room for improvement.

So are you actually designing 3D objects (ie. a titantron frame), or modifying textures in game?

Also, have you begun work on the commentary? Are you using samples from Nitro/Thunder/Mayhem/Backstage Assault, I take it?

Scary to think there's that much room for improvement.

So are you actually designing 3D objects (ie. a titantron frame), or modifying textures in game?

Also, have you begun work on the commentary? Are you using samples from Nitro/Thunder/Mayhem/Backstage Assault, I take it?

Yeah. It's easy to do once you create a base. Sometimes I can just draw an outline in photoshop and import it and make it 3D (logos for example), but most of the stage stuff is really the same stage piece that I made towards the end of 2K16, retextured. Once I learned how to create metal textures, I was able to just redesign everything to scale. It's like building legos. Last year I would just paint it grey in PS and stretch the image depending on whether it was 99 or 2000-2001. This year you can see the stage is completely different for Starrcade/Mayhem 99 vs New Blood Rising or Nitro 2000.

The only in-game stuff that I remodeled so far was Nitro 98 and Halloween Havoc 98-99. I just replaced the metal parts with objects I created and added my own textures to most things because the textures for XB360 are horrible and were just slapped on the same objects from whatever game had Nitro last. Can't wait to mod Nitro 2K17 on PC. The lights aren't as colorful as the real Nitro, but at least there's lights lol... nWo Nitro, Nitro 97 etc will look much better with a few texture replacements.

With modding, you can't add your own objects (yet), so I modify the ingame stuff for that. I got help from someone that was teaching me how to do it and he had a flat object that you can reshape into anything you want, like a screen, floormat, banner, TV etc. so I stretch that out as much as possible and put my texture images on it.

I have yet to bother with commentary. There's easily over 2000 soundbytes in 2K games and none of it is organized... just all scattered within a bunch of container files. The most I've done is replace call names/annoncer names when you swap an ingame character with a mod, but I haven't touched the actual commentating. That project will be something way after the fact because of how much work it is. I think I have audio from Mayhem & Backstage Assault. I can probably rip some stuff from the network as well when that time comes.

Added the Updated Thunder & Starrcade 97 to XB1. That's the best I could get it to look with the front view. They're uploaded as shows, but the arenas are also available. I suggest downloading the shows because I also updated the logos with 3D renderings. Looks much better.

Sold my PS4 so I'm sorry to the PS4 guys.. Any further updates will be XB1 only. PC will get the best stuff so look out for that mod as well.

Is this for XB1? I'm So happy that I have both systems. If this is any indicator of how your work will look on PC, I may have to consider buying 2K17 on PC as well. Good work Hov!

I had to sell my PS4, so for the time being I'm XB1 only.

I think the PC projects will be much better. Don't have to limit everything to a titantron. They aren't ridiculously pixelated.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2011.14.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to create transparent objects kinda like PNGs.. That way I can add a little depth. Didn't work in this pic that's why it's all black in the BG lol. Just shooting for as much accuracy as I can while stepping up my graphic quality.

• 2 weeks later...

It will replace all arenas/menus with WCW assets. So all my arenas won't be restricted to CAA limitations and will look more realistic.

I'm very interested in this idea but wondering if you might, at some point that is convenient for you, upload your custom arenas to CC? I want to use them along with some ecw and the standard wwe stuff all in my universe. I am doing 4 major shows, WCW, WWF, ECW and a Classic show with pre 90s Wrestlers and more classic ppvs for them. I don't want to switch the entire game over as it might be too complex for me so if you can upload them for PC onto CC I would really really appreciate it as I respect your work greatly

Is this for XB1? I'm So happy that I have both systems. If this is any indicator of how your work will look on PC, I may have to consider buying 2K17 on PC as well. Good work Hov!

I had to sell my PS4, so for the time being I'm XB1 only.

I think the PC projects will be much better. Don't have to limit everything to a titantron. They aren't ridiculously pixelated.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2011.14.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to create transparent objects kinda like PNGs.. That way I can add a little depth. Didn't work in this pic that's why it's all black in the BG lol. Just shooting for as much accuracy as I can while stepping up my graphic quality.

So, I figured this out... Now I'm excited to complete this mod lol *Ignore the ring textures. this is nitro 2000's placeholder.*

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-17%20at%2012.51.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-17%20at%2012.52.

• 2 months later...

Archived