Bugs & Glitches Thread

CM_EDGE

Locations are all *censored*ed up in Universe mode, my Takeover: BROOKLYN PPV is lsted as being in St Louis. I even selected Brooklyn as location. Test your games 2K!

I found that if I create a show on the Calendar in Universe mode, my selected cities don't work, but if I create the show in "Create a Show" mode and import it, my city selections work. Also, I found that it helps to "check all" first, then "uncheck all" and select the city or cities you want. So far my Iowa indie show has stayed in Des Moines, and my UK Indie show sticks to the various UK sites I selected. But I had the same problem at first, my Brooklyn Takeover PPV showed up in Cincinnati; then I started importing shows.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah that's different than the arenas i mentioned. like nitro should be all colorful heavy on the fog machine and it's just dark lol

same with havoc and i think one of the retro wrestlemanias was like that. idk something they did when they decided to change the lighting for 2k17 for the spotlights, brawls etc. but yeah now i know what you mean

Yeh, the Nitro set needs to be so much more colourful. Such an easy fix!!

Can you confirm that would be easy to fix or are you just assuming that?

i actually think that it could be fixed easily. especially since it wasn't an issue in svr11 or wwe12

Lighting engines are no where near that simple, and svr11 and WWE12 weren't using the same lighting system in the 2K games. My point is that its dangerous to assume anything is easy, especially with yukes at the helm for coding.

Dude, they have other entrance ways lit absolutely fine. So yes, i'm making a pretty strong assumption that it'd be relatively easy for them to fix.

It's as if they just didn't bother putting lighting on the entrance way itself.

I'm sure i'll get a very wordy response telling me i'm wrong, but I can see the lights being used just fine elsewhere in the game. There's just a big omission on the Nitro set.

Are any other arenas lit in the same way the one specific you're upset about is? There's no need to get defensive here, I just find it funny that such an assumption is being made when we can see at multiple points the lighting engine is rather finnicky.

I apologise - i'd had quite a testing day, as you could probably tell.

I generally find the lighting pretty dead on in most of the arenas (in game, not so much custom). I can't remember off the top of my head, but i'm sure a couple of the 90's WWF arenas have a basic entrance way that's a similar set-up to the Nitro one where the lights (moving head style) are configured in a similar position.

oh yeah that's different than the arenas i mentioned. like nitro should be all colorful heavy on the fog machine and it's just dark lol

same with havoc and i think one of the retro wrestlemanias was like that. idk something they did when they decided to change the lighting for 2k17 for the spotlights, brawls etc. but yeah now i know what you mean

i actually think that it could be fixed easily. especially since it wasn't an issue in svr11 or wwe12

Lighting engines are no where near that simple, and svr11 and WWE12 weren't using the same lighting system in the 2K games. My point is that its dangerous to assume anything is easy, especially with yukes at the helm for coding.

Dude, they have other entrance ways lit absolutely fine. So yes, i'm making a pretty strong assumption that it'd be relatively easy for them to fix.

I'm sure i'll get a very wordy response telling me i'm wrong, but I can see the lights being used just fine elsewhere in the game. There's just a big omission on the Nitro set.

Are any other arenas lit in the same way the one specific you're upset about is? There's no need to get defensive here, I just find it funny that such an assumption is being made when we can see at multiple points the lighting engine is rather finnicky.

I generally find the lighting pretty dead on in most of the arenas (in game, not so much custom). I can't remember off the top of my head, but i'm sure a couple of the 90's WWF arenas have a basic entrance way that's a similar set-up to the Nitro one where the lights (moving head style) are configured in a similar position.

It's alright man, we all have days like that. (apologies, for the late reply, damn mobile app makes it difficult to see responses sometimes).

If I recall correctly (mind you I don't watch too much WCW stuff), it was the backlighting of nitro that made it different? Considering they can't get custom arenas lights to stay aligned to their own sources, I think it makes sense that they'd have quite a bit of trouble with that. Especially since they'd newly modified the lighting engine to support daytime arenas, and that in of itself needs a bit of work still. (certain colors just don't work well with it).

It's alright man, we all have days like that. (apologies, for the late reply, damn mobile app makes it difficult to see responses sometimes).

If I recall correctly (mind you I don't watch too much WCW stuff), it was the backlighting of nitro that made it different? Considering they can't get custom arenas lights to stay aligned to their own sources, I think it makes sense that they'd have quite a bit of trouble with that. Especially since they'd newly modified the lighting engine to support daytime arenas, and that in of itself needs a bit of work still. (certain colors just don't work well with it).

no problem man yeah it was definitely the lighting that made nitro special. even during matches i'd notice the lights for the entrance stage would still be flashing different colors. honestly if they just added the annouce table that nitro had on the stage i'd be a happy camper lol

Let's all figure this out then... When I get on the game it says there's a bandwidth problem?? Anyone else getting that? I'm trying to use Chrome. Maybe a different browser will work?

I have only started getting that message sonce yesterday. Cant download. Searching is limited. Not every show in Universe is available to play? Whats going on? Should I reset my Universe and start over?

I've run into a couple:

1- Rivalry match: Original match schedules is X (in rivalry) vs Y (not in rivalry). X comes out and is attacked by rival; after they fight in cut scene, instead of continuing as X vs rival, match ends, and is reported as X defeating Y. Afterwards, music from winner continues, even into next show; you have to quit the game to get it back to normal.

2- Cashing in MIB at PPV: This happened to me: X cashes in MIB, I choose to wrestle as champ, Y; i actually win the match, retaining the title (this seems to be a new twist on MIB, and I have to admit I like it versus the old style of crush in a few seconds). After this, though, the next two matches, which were Last Man Standing and NHB if I remember, the ref will not start a count in LMS and will not count a pin in NHB, so match never ends unless you quit.

3- I don't think it is a glitch or error, just bad match programming, but the rivalry match where the wrestler sitting at ringside interferes and it goes into a two on one match with the ref letting it go. . . this is just a total lack of oversight by managers who should know to correct the programmers, because you would have to make it a no DQ match. Also, as the match continues, the rival, instead of continuing to attack you, starts wrestling with your opponent. I get that it is their way of programming it so you have a chance to recover and win the match, but it doesn't make sense. This is one of my common complaints, the programmers putting things in the game that are out of sync with pro wrestling ring / match psychology - SOMEBODY needs to review these things before they get programmed in to the final game build.

Matte material corrupts the design into pixels

Still something as simple as making a run in on universe is broke. No matter who you select, only the guy you're facing comes out with the one you requesteds moves/taunts

Run in in match, only interfere in their default attire

619 is broke

Corner moves are bugged since fixing corner comebacks

Top turnbuckle signature/finishers are bugged. 90% of the time it glitches out and they do their default top corner move.. Over and over again.. Not the finisher

Adding any boosts due to wins from rivalry or matches etc just defaults the overall to 83

Samoa Joes Powerbomb into Boston crab - submission circle doesn't move. (Good for role play though to a degree).

Any cutscenes the wrestlers entrance song is a generic default rock one.. No matter who or what..

Matte material corrupts the design into pixels

All of them do actually, it was from the second or third patch. Matte is just the most noticable one.

Fair enough, it's annoying. Isit like this?

Matte material, everything is pixelated.

Rest only corrupts when using a custom logo ?

(I've noticed metallic is the best one in terms of not broken?).

Also notice attires worse than others. Rick Rudes generic one works fine if you use metallic but Heath slaters generic one you can't change to any mateisl with out it having squares everywhere.

I'm genuinely surprised they haven't added another patch. Even though annual game, still 6 months of it left (only half way through)..

Need to sort these menial things.

I've run into these issues with custom arenas, but not a biggie since I can work around them:

1- If I duplicate an arena I have used in a custom show to edit into a new arena, the new arena shows up in the original custom show; I have to go in and reassign the original arena to the show.

2- If I upload a show with a custom arena, that arena then shows up in my list as a downloaded arena, and if I try to use it as a template to make a modified arena, that new arena is not "uploadable". The issue is that for my indie promotions, I use a standard arena for my weekly shows, and I like to take that base and modify it for the PPV shows; so now I just start from scratch each time.

I have this question, if anyone knows the answer: When I upload a show, the arena to the show also shows up in my uploads on CC profile. On my computer, the arena uploads still show five empty slots. Will I be able to upload 5 new arenas without the show arenas getting deleted or overwritten? Also, since the arena shows up when I upload a show, if I delete a show, does that mean the arena also gets deleted?

I've run into these issues with custom arenas, but not a biggie since I can work around them:

1- If I duplicate an arena I have used in a custom show to edit into a new arena, the new arena shows up in the original custom show; I have to go in and reassign the original arena to the show.

2- If I upload a show with a custom arena, that arena then shows up in my list as a downloaded arena, and if I try to use it as a template to make a modified arena, that new arena is not "uploadable". The issue is that for my indie promotions, I use a standard arena for my weekly shows, and I like to take that base and modify it for the PPV shows; so now I just start from scratch each time.

I have this question, if anyone knows the answer: When I upload a show, the arena to the show also shows up in my uploads on CC profile. On my computer, the arena uploads still show five empty slots. Will I be able to upload 5 new arenas without the show arenas getting deleted or overwritten? Also, since the arena shows up when I upload a show, if I delete a show, does that mean the arena also gets deleted?

I've had many issues with Shows. I really think the whole Show section needs to be integrated in to CAA. It's a total waste of time keeping it separate. Same with Create a Victory/CAE.

Just tried 2 different matches with Goldberg (also noticed Jackhammer 1 isn't assigned to him by default) and both work fine for me. Jackhammer 1 does have a weird kickout animation at 3 though lol.

new bug discovered not sure if anyone's noticed, but the jackhammer pin always ends in a 2 count.

Which one? the new one works fine for me.

i'm pretty sure i was using the new one but he kicked out of 5 jackhammers all with no health. okay i could understand 2 because he might not have used resiliency.

and i did make this post out of frustration early this morning lol

so maybe it was bc his pin stat was at 95 idk

cause when i lowered it to 30 and removed resiliency he didn't kick out of it on the first try.

and i know i've used it before (just not on brock) and had no problems.

When I tried to upload my Progress Atlas belt and later my WCPW Internet Belt, neither showed up as an available upload. All other belts I had created showed up.

I looked into it, and the one thing in common with these two belts, and with none of the others, was the Custom Template #2, apparently the center plate, since I've used the side plates as parts of other belts. So I created a test belt using a different template, and sure enough, it showed up, so it appears that there is some bug involving the Custom Template #2 belt.

edit: I played around with it a bit more; it may be that using the #2 template, even if you change the front and side plates seems be the issue. I've been able to recreate the belts using different templates and they both appear as options to be uploaded now.

Archived