Bugs & Glitches Thread

CM_EDGE

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's always a save file corruption glitch, ridiculous Universe Mode bugs, etc. It's almost like there's no QA testing whatsoever.

Yeah, and the same can be said for too many game developers currently out there... so they're not the only ones "guilty" of such a thing.

Where did I say they are the only ones guilty of it? This is a thread about a 2K game. I'm not here to talk about Infinity Ward or any other dev. Also, I never used the word guilty, so I don't know why you put it in quotation marks as if I did.

"Lose the attitude holy shit"

Sound familiar?

I don't have an attitude lol

Hey 2K/Yukes, if you're gonna limit body types, might want to make them all work. Christ this is ridiculous

UfOsVci.jpg

If I don't laugh at the laziness I'll cry.

Good god, I mean I get peoples problem but i'm really really tired of people mis-using the word "lazy".

Explain to me how that isn't just a lazy overlook? 2K does this shit every year. They hardly learn from their mistakes. I understand that developing a video game with only a year or so to do it isn't easy whatsoever, but shit like that is inexcusable. The least they could do is patch it.

1: 2K doesn't code the game, that'd be our good ol' pals Yukes.

2: Not one year, less than one year.

3: they tried to patch many things and Yukes managed to *Censored* more stuff up in every patch. Even still they fixed more in one game than THQ did in 6.

4: 2K does this every year? They've made 3 games so far, the second of which was a marked improvement over the first.

Its absolutely a problem but throwing idiotic terms like "lazy" around isn't helping anything.

It is laziness/priorities. Can't fix material but patch gallows paint in a blink. Weird.

Yeah they get a year, but isn't a brand new game every year, if they keep the foundation and just polish it, game be great. Like this one is released, as if it's their first year on PS4/XB and started from scratch.

Game is annoyingly broke to a degree.

Edit to much, need to restart otherwise crowd is dead again.

Created CAWS can't do promos on Universe

If 4th in a stable comes out with 2nd or 3rd, he's disappears in entrance

Belts still go through clothes/body

Belts don't sync for exhibition

Rivalries (unless tweaked with knowledge) just boring and repetitive.

Since fixing corner comebacks, corner moves/strikes not fluent. Sometime, doesn't connect or just freezes briefly.

Having someone attack another in entrance, still can't get it right with the correct model attacking the other.

Lol. Lazy. Randy Ortons attire is perfect to how they treat this game.. And Cesaros. Especially keep it up to date, with the intro cutscene on the game.

Dean Ambrose still talked about as if he's in the Sheild.

As I said, lazy.

I rarely use her, so I just noticed Dana Brooke is missing her side and header trons when using an alt attire. I wonder if there are others with this issue.

Hey 2K/Yukes, if you're gonna limit body types, might want to make them all work. Christ this is ridiculous

UfOsVci.jpg

Good god, I mean I get peoples problem but i'm really really tired of people mis-using the word "lazy".

Explain to me how that isn't just a lazy overlook? 2K does this shit every year. They hardly learn from their mistakes. I understand that developing a video game with only a year or so to do it isn't easy whatsoever, but shit like that is inexcusable. The least they could do is patch it.

3: they tried to patch many things and Yukes managed to *Censored* more stuff up in every patch. Even still they fixed more in one game than THQ did in 6.

4: 2K does this every year? They've made 3 games so far, the second of which was a marked improvement over the first.

Its absolutely a problem but throwing idiotic terms like "lazy" around isn't helping anything.

It is laziness/priorities. Can't fix material but patch gallows paint in a blink. Weird.

Yeah they get a year, but isn't a brand new game every year, if they keep the foundation and just polish it, game be great. Like this one is released, as if it's their first year on PS4/XB and started from scratch.

Since fixing corner comebacks, corner moves/strikes not fluent. Sometime, doesn't connect or just freezes briefly.

Having someone attack another in entrance, still can't get it right with the correct model attacking the other.

Lol. Lazy. Randy Ortons attire is perfect to how they treat this game.. And Cesaros. Especially keep it up to date, with the intro cutscene on the game.

As I said, lazy.

that's how rivalries are supposed to be. you're responsible for changing the personality traits and finding out what works and what doesn't. Don't get me wrong, there's alot I do not like about the game post release that has problems, but some of this stuff your'e saying doesn't make sense.

The word lazy gets pushed around way too much in this community.

You have the creation suite you can create the attires you want. I do agree that the decisions to have run ins based on default attire sucks, but it wasn't doing that until the 2nd patch. Just like the whole club beeping thing was happening way back in patch 1.02 before anyone even cared or was trying to make a club stable so they didn't even know. I posted 4 times on the 2k forums about that glitch and it got ignored.

But as soon as the club dlc came out there was like 50 million complaints about it.

Dean Ambrose they are talking about him in the past tense not current. Again just trying to help you see some of the stuff you've pointed out.

I have a list of things that does/doesn't work with universe as far as cutscenes goes. i just need to format it in thread form.

One thing i can say is that the battleground, payback, and NOC ppv themes, in combination to changing the personality traits to rivalry rivals to aggressive vs prideful really helps.

I rarely use her, so I just noticed Dana Brooke is missing her side and header trons when using an alt attire. I wonder if there are others with this issue.

Does this happen in every game mode, or just a specific game mode? I'll have to give this one a look later today, funny to notice that I already have the alt attire Dana was wearing just last night in Detroit.

Have only tried in Exhibition. At first I thought it was the custom arena I was in, then I tried it out on in-game arenas and they were missing there too.

Speaking of weird entrance glitches, I noticed after making my Finn attires, he comes out to his demon entrance when using the second attire.

UfOsVci.jpg

As I said, lazy.

that's how rivalries are supposed to be. you're responsible for changing the personality traits and finding out what works and what doesn't. Don't get me wrong, there's alot I do not like about the game post release that has problems, but some of this stuff your'e saying doesn't make sense.

The word lazy gets pushed around way too much in this community.

You have the creation suite you can create the attires you want. I do agree that the decisions to have run ins based on default attire sucks, but it wasn't doing that until the 2nd patch. Just like the whole club beeping thing was happening way back in patch 1.02 before anyone even cared or was trying to make a club stable so they didn't even know. I posted 4 times on the 2k forums about that glitch and it got ignored.

But as soon as the club dlc came out there was like 50 million complaints about it.

Dean Ambrose they are talking about him in the past tense not current. Again just trying to help you see some of the stuff you've pointed out.

I have a list of things that does/doesn't work with universe as far as cutscenes goes. i just need to format it in thread form.

One thing i can say is that the battleground, payback, and NOC ppv themes, in combination to changing the personality traits to rivalry rivals to aggressive vs prideful really helps.

I've edited all the personalities, but will rehash em. (Can't remember who posted, but someone put up some really cool tips gonna try)

Na, they say something in present tense, as if he's in the Sheild.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about attires too, but big things like MyCareer, where they can't be used is really annoying. Not to mention, you can't select a default attire for run ins etc. And just inconsistent overall. Back to Cesaro, Raw/Smackdown opening scene on the game, he's in his latest stuff (minus last few weeks) but attire is Payback 2015... On WWE 2K17.

In terms if you didn't get what I mean about the CAW's, anytime I do a promo with one, the game crashes and closes the application. And most times in a rivalry (unless say it's against Seth Rollins, whose an in game model, it will work).

Another thing I don't get. In MyCareer, if you have a championship entrance holding a belt, the second one (if you win a second one) will be around your waist, so can come out with two.. But you can't do this for entrances in Universe or Exhibition. (Could be wrong only found out recently).

Deleting HHH's King of kings entrance theme too, another oversight by a developer. All because in ring, he uses the other one, but really his default is King of Kings.

I've edited all the personalities, but will rehash em. (Can't remember who posted, but someone put up some really cool tips gonna try)

Na, they say something in present tense, as if he's in the Sheild.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about attires too, but big things like MyCareer, where they can't be used is really annoying. Not to mention, you can't select a default attire for run ins etc. And just inconsistent overall. Back to Cesaro, Raw/Smackdown opening scene on the game, he's in his latest stuff (minus last few weeks) but attire is Payback 2015... On WWE 2K17.

In terms if you didn't get what I mean about the CAW's, anytime I do a promo with one, the game crashes and closes the application. And most times in a rivalry (unless say it's against Seth Rollins, whose an in game model, it will work).

Another thing I don't get. In MyCareer, if you have a championship entrance holding a belt, the second one (if you win a second one) will be around your waist, so can come out with two.. But you can't do this for entrances in Universe or Exhibition. (Could be wrong only found out recently).

Deleting HHH's King of kings entrance theme too, another oversight by a developer. All because in ring, he uses the other one, but really his default is King of Kings.

oh my bad man i don't even play my career it's just so boring that i didn't really bother LOL. but yeah in universe the personality traits do alot to influence ccutscenes but you also have to know which ppv theme to use as well.

as far as the attires, my guess is like always is they do the attires based on the previous year's mania to the current. So 2k17's roster was based on mania 31-Mania 32 which is why charlotte had that "Woo" attire as her base. same with cesaro (i haven't kept up with cesaro that much. didn't like how wwe treated him)

but yeah i agree with you man and i hate it when stuff gets deleted. themes, moves, entrance, etc i hate it.

Question to others that are uploading caws on cc: Does the overall change for you too when you upload a caw?

As example: I upload a caw with a overall of 84 and when I check the upload after it has only 80.

A other one had instead of 83 a overall of 81.

I reuploaded in case it was a bug the first time and it happen exactly the same. -.-

Totally annoying.

1. The bug where your rival sits at ringside is annoying as hell turning it into a handicap match. NO DQ!?

2. I set up a run in for Carmella to attack Nikki Bella during her entrance, but it's Naomi instead while having Carmella's name on the hud. The game recognizes that Carmella ran in. The hell!?

3. During cutscenes, no matter the championship, the game will always show the WWE Championship with the scratch logo. Seriously?!

4. I have a rivalry with Balor and Rusev, but after a match with Strowman versus Woods, I attacked Woods. It then precedes to show changes in personality and all/rivals for Titus and Rusev again (just beforehand, I had a match with Rusev versus Titus). Really?!

5. After the match with Strowman and Woods, Strowman is scheduled to cut a promo. The game crashes to a blue screen?!

The is complete trash! It's like I can't enjoy universe because there are way too many bugs happening.

I do have custom Raw and Smackdown Live arenas, attires, and belts. Could it be customization causing most of these issues?

Universe mode

The Usos vs. Golden Truth... perform a run-in on R-Truth after he enters the ring before his entrance officially ends, and after a bit of a two-on-one beat down, the referee hopped in the ring to call for the bell to be rung. For the remainder of the match, no HUD appeared on screen for Goldust... no matter how many times he was tagged into the match by R-Truth.

universe, my career or exhibition?

Universe mode

oh i'm glad i haven't run into that lol.

atleast i figured out a work around for the cutscene-turned-handicap match issue

Are Catching finishers broken? everytime i go up top and try to get Seth to hit the catching pedigree he never does it.

Is Lillian's announcing screwed up for anyone else?

Had a tag title match and she announces that it's for the Championship without specifying which one, the suddenly says 'and' and never announces the team.

It's always been screwed up. Luckily if they don't plan to deviate from the show itself, she should be gone and they'll have had to re-record (and thus hopefully fix) everything.

Is Lillian's announcing screwed up for anyone else?

Had a tag title match and she announces that it's for the Championship without specifying which one, the suddenly says 'and' and never announces the team.

It's always been screwed up. Luckily if they don't plan to deviate from the show itself, she should be gone and they'll have had to re-record (and thus hopefully fix) everything.

well that actually works good or bad. cause when they replaced justin with lillian they removed all the extended name stitching we had. so hopefully if they do re-record her lines they really get all the lines re-recorded. off the record though i can't stand her announcing

Ppv themes affect cutscenes!?

yeah they do. The NOC, Summerslam, Payback and Battleground themes are the ones that affect the most. for championship rivalries. if you put the challenger in the #5 ranked position you'll get the Staredown with the champ cutscene.

Archived