Bugs & Glitches Thread

CM_EDGE

Honestly i expected this game to be buggy af. You gotta expect that these days look how long and how many patches it took for 2K16 to be really good. This shits gunna happen so its better to just bear with it.

It not good enough, simply no excuses. If it doesn't work dont release it and push it back to Wrestlemania.

That's not an option even if they want to. They have to have it out in a certain time frame contractually.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I streamed a few hours today and i don't want to say that this game has more bugs then ever before, that would be unfair, but it has at least as many as 2k16.

Same level, bugs and glitches on every corner.

https://clips.twitch.tv/retro_edge/HelplessFalconBuddhaBar

https://clips.twitch.tv/retro_edge/HappyWeaselDOOMGuy

But when it's good, it's really good. Gameplay is still awesome.

Really? Because 2K16 didn't have many bugs, but the ones they did were very severe, such as crashing the entire game. From what i'm seeing, there's a bunch of little bugs in 2K17 that are likely to be patched, but nothing on that level of "OH SHIT". Still, i'm happy to hear about the gameplay. I'm told the responsiveness is far better than 2K16.

Like you said, many many more or less little bugs and glitches, but nothing gamebreaking so far (if it didn't happen again with the created title matches.....).

But enough that you notice something in almost every match. If its glitching hover people, or flying crowd members, or missing sound in the after match interference, or that you can't pin someone in the ring in a falls count anywhere match, disappearing hair or body parts from wrestler in a match or the ladders in ladder matches which are now "like air", you fell through them, not on them the most time. Many many many things, but nothing so far where you think "I can't play it like this".

Well, maybe if you liked the idea of the new button mashing submission system, that is completely trash and i don't recommend it.

If the game "decides" you can't tap someone or you have to tap now, you do what the game want, no matter how hard you press, it's completely unbalanced and not fun.

About 2K16, this had many problems at release, like the missing function to make title matches in universe, changing skin in caw mode if you work with many logos, changing the location in shows in universe mode that didn't worked, locations where random no matter what you choose. And many, many little glitches and problems like wrong announcements, wrong nameplate on a title and stuff like this, but, here again, nothing gamebreaking. (Well the caw mode skin problem was indeed a pain in the ass, i really hope that's gone)

Unfortunately I spoted more Bugs in this Video (had found some in a other one before but though they will be patched):

- at around 1:01:35 they fight at the ramp in which a "light" is coming through the Connection of the ramp and stage.

It's nothing Major, just a graphical glitch.

- at 1:03:41 tyson kid hits on a invinsible walll instead of falling off stage

The user cut the parts with the Major Bugs and glitches and reuploaded the Video! After the Scene in Stephanies Office, they go out again, then they appear as Floating on the air.

Then they moved over the red car at the right side of the stage on which tyson started beaming up and down when got hit and fell off after.

From there they went at the side of the ramp on which the Players caw started teleporting up and down between the Floor and the side of the ramp until tyson and he started fighting there falling both up on the ramp again.

Hopefully all this won't be in the game after the patch cause if we get the "flying men" like in the previous games again, a huge shitstorm will start on 2Ks and these Forums for sure.

Should I rename this thread to a regular "Bug & Problem's" topic?

If you give AJ a second attire, the hood didn't work anymore in the entrance, it stays on his head.

There goes second attires for him...

Not a bug, but really stupid. They deleted the "Last 10 Championship holder for the XXX Championship" statistic in the universe mode. It's just not there anymore.

I can see who holds a title the most times or the longest, but these are 2 useless statistics for me and they deleted the most useful one...

Yeah yeah Yukes, improving the universe mode. 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

Wait I was told there was no invisible wall. That superstars could be thrown off stage. Is that not true now? Or maybe you can only throw from front of the stage????

~The Nerd

Well, I've seen it numerous videos (the "invisible wall"). Judging from that, I get the feeling that it's by design.

CM_EDGE

How is the normal difficulty compared to the legend difficulty?

Last year, legend was actually really hard.....up until the January patch. It was a night and day difference to me. So far this year, in most videos, I've seen a lot of one sided matches but I'm not sure what difficulty they're playing on.

I think it'd be a good idea to just convert it into the bugs topic. Unfortunately that won't stop other topics flooding the board :(

And I figured that AJ thing would probably ring true. Same goes for any other character that has clothes/items that are removed during their entrance. I don't know if people who have Undertaker's entrance in the past that have some other hat on would take it off during the entrance.

Of topic here. Do people that bought the digital pre-order get to play the game early too?

No.

Don't need to be an asshole. Anti-thankd

Okay, a little tired here, but what? Assho... wait... seriously what'd I just miss? That was a yes or no question answered with a "no". What just happened? XD

Of topic here. Do people that bought the digital pre-order get to play the game early too?

No.

He wasn't being one? You asked a question and received an answer. However those who pre-ordered the digital version will be able to start playing around midnight so I suppose they can play it a bit earlier compared to those that pick it up on release day.

Wait I was told there was no invisible wall. That superstars could be thrown off stage. Is that not true now? Or maybe you can only throw from front of the stage????

~The Nerd

Well, I've seen it numerous videos (the "invisible wall"). Judging from that, I get the feeling that it's by design.

CM_EDGE

How is the normal difficulty compared to the legend difficulty?

Last year, legend was actually really hard.....up until the January patch. It was a night and day difference to me. So far this year, in most videos, I've seen a lot of one sided matches but I'm not sure what difficulty they're playing on.

It's like last year on Legendary. Never played on normal, directly on Legendary. Hardest thing again is to counter moves if you lay down. Not really more agressive or so, basically the same.

Something that's different is that when you're outside the ring, the CPU stays out until 8, so watch out.

- at 1:03:41 tyson kid hits on a invinsible walll instead of falling off stage

That is not a glitch. That is by design, actually.

Bad design choice in my opinion.

Should I rename this thread to a regular "Bug & Problem's" topic?

If you give AJ a second attire, the hood didn't work anymore in the entrance, it stays on his head.

There goes second attires for him...

Not a bug, but really stupid. They deleted the "Last 10 Championship holder for the XXX Championship" statistic in the universe mode. It's just not there anymore.

I can see who holds a title the most times or the longest, but these are 2 useless statistics for me and they deleted the most useful one...

Yeah yeah Yukes, improving the universe mode. 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

In one of the creation Suite Videos I saw that you can add such things seperately now for hats. Check if you can configure it so it will only Show on the entrance part of your second attire. :)

No.

How exactly was I being an asshole? You asked a question, I gave an answer. *Censored* me for answering your question I guess.

So you can jump off a stage in the front with no invisible wall. Yet when you try to irish whip or throw someone off the front of the stage there is an invisible wall? Welp.

~The Nerd

It's likely there is specific animations for sending someone off of it, thus they have an invisible wall for moves that don't fit that. Like sending someone over the ropes.

So you can jump off a stage in the front with no invisible wall. Yet when you try to irish whip or throw someone off the front of the stage there is an invisible wall? Welp.

~The Nerd

It's likely there is specific animations for sending someone off of it, thus they have an invisible wall for moves that don't fit that. Like sending someone over the ropes.

Oh I see. I still wanted to be able to powerbomb someone off the stage perhaps. Oh well maybe there is an alternative like you said. :)

~The Nerd

No.

How exactly was I being an asshole? You asked a question, I gave an answer. *Censored* me for answering your question I guess.

This is exactly why companies think they need to sugarcoat everything these days.

Pre-patch, faced a black Razor Ramon, and there was an issue in creating alternate attires for superstars with selectable outfits from last year...like if you tried to give Bret his Survivor Series '96 duds, then put a jacket on, it would turn the outfit white. Post patch, I haven't ran into either.

Oh, and Bret Had his elbow pads over his entrance jacket before patch also, that was also fixed thankfully.

Warrior has the option to remove his facepaint, but when you select it, it does nothing.

There doesn't seem to be any way to use any of his other facepaints on the superstar model either.

Shame, if they were gonna give us a Warrior, you would think it would be one with more than two colors to mess around with facepaint-wise.

Archived