Bugs & Glitches Thread

CM_EDGE

Sooner or later...the game engine will break completely.

Too many times they have rewrote the code, they stack up this and that on the core of the game...that is too much for the engine.

Lets not slit each others throats over the game.

We should wait a few days and see how this develops.

One day the whole community needs to put their feet on the ground.

We cant shake everything off and accept the game even with many flaws.

2K/yukes/visual concepts may have a difficult work to do...but if they want the fans money, they need to deliver.

They need us as much as we need their product, so we need to find a way to "work together"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the "don't play our game before street date" posts and laughed. That's exactly what I was thinking but then I'm also thinking there are still peeps out there who aren't always connected to the net: rural areas, soldiers overseas, etc, that shouldn't have to depend on a patch to have a functional game ( assuming these issues will be replicated across the board)

It makes you appreciate the older, mainly PS2 era games even more where they only had one shot to get the game as glitch free as possible. No patches back then, no internal hard drives and internet connection to download the latest upgrade. Sure they were less complex games but still, they were almost flawless in the way they were programmed. Now there are problems here and there, modes that at least to some people are almost ruined by certain glitches and it's pretty much an every year thing.

You guys are acting like buggy games didn't exist in the old games. Hell, the first version of No Mercy had to be recalled because it had such a bad glitch it would erase your save data.

Sooner or later...the game engine will break completely.

Too many times they have rewrote the code, they stack up this and that on the core of the game...that is too much for the engine.

Lets not slit each others throats over the game.

We should wait a few days and see how this develops.

One day the whole community needs to put their feet on the ground.

We cant shake everything off and accept the game even with many flaws.

2K/yukes/visual concepts may have a difficult work to do...but if they want the fans money, they need to deliver.

They need us as much as we need their product, so we need to find a way to "work together"

Current gen isn't stacked code, it's new code. Maybe for old gen, yes. But not current.

You guys are acting like buggy games didn't exist in the old games. Hell, the first version of No Mercy had to be recalled because it had such a bad glitch it would erase your save data.

I have a day one copy, but never ran into that glitch to this day. I did have the blank caw/battle royal/championship glitch, though.

I have a day one copy, but never ran into that glitch to this day. I did have the blank caw/battle royal/championship glitch, though.

If I recall correctly, the ratio was about 70 or 80 percent to eventual experience of it. My point being, people acting like the older games were shining beacons with no bugs and perfect features are wearing nostalgia glasses that would make nintendo envious.

No one's saying the older games weren't glitched, they just weren't this glitched. Yeah No Mercy had that erase glitch, I experienced it first hand when my friend let me borrow the game in high school and it eventually happened to me, erasing his caws and all progress. He wanted to kick my ass when I returned the game back

But still you can play games like SYM, HCTP, SvR 2005-2010 and not experience many game ruining glitches or bugs. It has nothing to do with nostalgia and more to do with the newer games coming out severely impaired by glitches in almost every mode. I think the programmers are just into much of a rush to get the game out that they don't really care if they are bugged or not since they can easily be patched.

No one's saying the older games weren't glitched, they just weren't this glitched. Yeah No Mercy had that erase glitch, I experienced it first hand when my friend let me borrow the game in high school and it eventually happened to me, erasing his caws and all progress. He wanted to kick my ass when I returned the game back

But still you can play games like SYM, HCTP, SvR 2005-2010 and not experience many game ruining glitches or bugs. It has nothing to do with nostalgia and more to do with the newer games coming out severely impaired by glitches in almost every mode. I think the programmers are just into much of a rush to get the game out that they don't really care if they are bugged or not since they can easily be patched.

Sorry, what? SvR 2008 was a hundred times worse than anything we've gotten in years. That game was a damn nightmare.

I've ran into a few glitches with only five matches played, no big ones though like the possessed rubber characters we see videos of every year.

Crowd noise cut out during Mr.Perfect's entrance. There's this weird screen wiggle effect that occasionally pops up during pre and post match closeups (no arena filters). Oh, and I got the skin glitch last match...

I streamed a few hours today and i don't want to say that this game has more bugs then ever before, that would be unfair, but it has at least as many as 2k16.

Same level, bugs and glitches on every corner.

https://clips.twitch.tv/retro_edge/HelplessFalconBuddhaBar

https://clips.twitch.tv/retro_edge/HappyWeaselDOOMGuy

But when it's good, it's really good. Gameplay is still awesome.

I streamed a few hours today and i don't want to say that this game has more bugs then ever before, that would be unfair, but it has at least as many as 2k16.

Really? Because 2K16 didn't have many bugs, but the ones they did were very severe, such as crashing the entire game. From what i'm seeing, there's a bunch of little bugs in 2K17 that are likely to be patched, but nothing on that level of "OH SHIT". Still, i'm happy to hear about the gameplay. I'm told the responsiveness is far better than 2K16.

CAW question for you, which slot do commentators use when talking about a CAW? Last year it was last names and not nicknames, if you were lucky enough to have a name used at all. What about this year?

I've ran into a few glitches with only five matches played, no big ones though like the possessed rubber characters we see videos of every year.

Crowd noise cut out during Mr.Perfect's entrance. There's this weird screen wiggle effect that occasionally pops up during pre and post match closeups (no arena filters). Oh, and I got the skin glitch last match...

That seems more like HHH and only HHH is in Heavy shade not that his skin is actually darker. Weird though.

Honestly i expected this game to be buggy af. You gotta expect that these days look how long and how many patches it took for 2K16 to be really good. This shits gunna happen so its better to just bear with it.

It not good enough, simply no excuses. If it doesn't work dont release it and push it back to Wrestlemania.

Archived