11 GB Patch on Day of Release???

DayOneIsh

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some people saying you couldn't edit who was doing promos in universe? Perhaps its fixing that too?

I feel bad for people with slow internet (mine can be crap but will still get it done in an hour) especially if you're waiting to play at midnight.

Promos were editable, if you weren't an idiot.

Oh right, smacktalks wrong again? No surprise there. ?

Oh geez, that's gonna suck for me to update with my garbage internet. Then you factor in the PS4's horrible wireless adapter and it gets worse.

Is PS4's wi-fi notoriously bad or something? Because I always had trouble with my PS3 wi-fi too. I actually watch WWE network and Netflix outside on my projector sometimes, and I found that my old-as-dirt Xbox 360 actually gets better wi-fi with the stupid adaptor dongle than the PS3 does. Which, just...kinda blew my mind. I tried the PS3 first because it seemed like it had a much better shot of working. So...that's strange. Especially if it was bad for PS3 and still bad for PS4. You'd think they would have tried harder the second time around...

Oh geez, that's gonna suck for me to update with my garbage internet. Then you factor in the PS4's horrible wireless adapter and it gets worse.

Is PS4's wi-fi notoriously bad or something? Because I always had trouble with my PS3 wi-fi too. I actually watch WWE network and Netflix outside on my projector sometimes, and I found that my old-as-dirt Xbox 360 actually gets better wi-fi with the stupid adaptor dongle than the PS3 does. Which, just...kinda blew my mind. I tried the PS3 first because it seemed like it had a much better shot of working. So...that's strange. Especially if it was bad for PS3 and still bad for PS4. You'd think they would have tried harder the second time around...

It really is. I couldn't get a wi-fi signal to my room, so had to go wired for my PS4, and XB1 as well. Weird thing is, wasn't like this before I moved house a year ago.

I don't know if it's for every console but other people have reported that their super fast internet speeds get only about half of what they're capable of on PS4, whereas on other devices it's fine. Mine can reach it's (annoyingly low enough) max but fluctuates randomly on PS4 but nowhere else, even dropping to less than 200kbps at some points.

It's absolutely shit. On wireless updates could take 3 or 4 days for me. Games could take 10 - 15 days. And if I tried to do anything in the background, the download would cancel. Also if I tried to open Hulu or WWE Network I would get an instant error message and have to back out. I switched to a wired connection and it makes a world of difference

guesss this 11gb patch gunna test using my unlimited tmobile

Haha...I'm interested to know how this goes for you. I have T-Mobile, and I love it...but I have heard that while it technically is "unlimited" data, the speed drops off to a snail crawl after a certain number is reached. Trying to download an 11Gb install sounds like a pretty risky scenario...but I guess the worst case scenario is that it simply stops downloading. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, that's really odd that PS4 has such shitty wi-fi. My Xbox One is flawless on Wi-Fi. I've never had a single serious issue that I can recall. Rarely even buffers for any reason.

Yeah, the system tends to throttle connections pretty hard, and often if it dips even for a moment, you need to actually pause and start back up the DL to get it back to normal speeds.

i'll never forget the time i bought a ps3 w/ MGS4 guns of the patriot. I didn't know about the installing games thing....because 360 didn't do that.

what a nightmare that was...popping that game in, and it sitting there having to download for what seemed like..hours :shake:

I don't think they will be day one DLC save for those with the NXT editions, as im willing to bet that for them you will have to wait till like November or so like in the past. And an 11 gig patch would not be for a few in game wrestlers, it would be for other things, patching bugs and such. As THIS is some info of it:

1. Post patch 1.1 you can now add a manager to a rivalry match (though its not called that anymore, it still is as indicated by the post match status debriefing) and it will not longer kill the rivalry as it did prepatch, but there will be no cutscenes in that match nor a post match debrief which means you won't earn status.

2. You still cannot assign a manager to someone in universe.

3. Manager attires are editable, though we don't know if you can create a separate instance of a manager and make him a playable character yet

4. For every alternate superstar attire you create you get 2 attires per every caw slot instead of 1.

5. You can have multiple managers come to ring in universe if you don't care about cutscenes.

6. Royal rumble seems to be editable now and it stays royal rumble.

7. Mitb is not editable still. If you edit it, the winner does not get mitb status.

8. There seems to be a lot of Week 1 match, Week 2 promo, Week 3 match, Week 4 Promo patterns in universe but there doesn't seem to be a lot of rival vs rival one vs one every week.

9. Tournament is not accessible initially at least, but I wonder if it is either unlocked or it has to be set up in a specific way. If you look at the match type vid from exhibition, the tournament section has been completely overhauled. I don't understand why the option is there in Universe if it doesn't work, BUT, it might not work in universe since the card is locked in from the beginning of the ppv now.

10. You can now change an attire on a superstar with a jacket and the belt stays UNDER the jacket!

11. So it looks like, at least in a normal match, mid match run in is just the person coming and acting as a manager which is odd. I was expecting a beat down cutscene or something. Can I also add in a completely pervy way that the pin at the end was hentailicious lol. Also, the option to control the person running in isn't there... at least not in a normal match with 1 player.

12. The f5 pin glitch that was evident in the prepatch version has been fixed in the patc

13. There doesn't seem to be a Freebird rule setting in the game, but on 2 different PPVs the new day defended the titles with Kofi and Woods one time and Big E and Kofi another time.

After watching several live streams today from people that already have the game, I can see why the day one patch is so huge. This game NEEDS it. It is FULL of glitches and bugs. There's no way this was ready for release.

Another half ass banana on the way.

2K can't make this WWE games perfect. They are full of glitches.

I don't know if it's for every console but other people have reported that their super fast internet speeds get only about half of what they're capable of on PS4, whereas on other devices it's fine. Mine can reach it's (annoyingly low enough) max but fluctuates randomly on PS4 but nowhere else, even dropping to less than 200kbps at some points.

Have you edited the DNS settings on the PS4? Changing it from default to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's DNS Servers) speeds things up dramatically. Worth a shot.

Archived