11 GB Patch on Day of Release???

DayOneIsh

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I've been seeing online that there is supposedly a large patch that will be available on the day of release. Any information about this or whether or not it's true would be great.

I think it might rather affect the People that are buying the disc version cause they have the Chance to still patch the digital deluxe version since it's gonna get downloaded only.

According to psn the digital deluxe version will be available for download 48 hours prior to the release so there is still time to patch it before making it available. :)

If not, then I'm happy that I have a fast 100k Connection when it comes to this. :P

So, I've been seeing online that there is supposedly a large patch that will be available on the day of release. Any information about this or whether or not it's true would be great.

I think it might rather affect the People that are buying the disc version cause they have the Chance to still patch the digital deluxe version since it's gonna get downloaded only.

According to psn the digital deluxe version will be available for download 48 hours prior to the release so there is still time to patch it before making it available. :)

If not, then I'm happy that I have a fast 100k Connection when it comes to this. :P

Honestly, I pray to God its got something to do with body mods this year. Lol! I know that doesn't seem to be the case though. 11 gigs is quite large.

Honestly, I pray to God its got something to do with body mods this year. Lol! I know that doesn't seem to be the case though. 11 gigs is quite large.

Hopefully is bug fixes on bugs and glitches they noticed early so we can have a smoother experience with the game instead of some of the earlier installments!

Also hope for a small update on Naomi among some other in game models that look innacurate (skin tone, face among others).

I wonder how they got the update to start. I've downloaded 43GB on my xb1 to pre load but never got the patch?

I didn't pre-load the game but on Xbox One, go to " My games and apps " and below " Ready to install ", there is a section for updates. Wait and probably that you will see the patch

I saw some people saying you couldn't edit who was doing promos in universe? Perhaps its fixing that too?

I feel bad for people with slow internet (mine can be crap but will still get it done in an hour) especially if you're waiting to play at midnight.

It's gonna take me a month to download the update, Witcher 3 had a similar update and I couldn't enjoy it because it would take forever for me to download it, I m praying that's not true :(

To quote an old Hot Shots Golf line of dialog...

"Still using dial up?"

We don´t know what that 11 Gb patch may be. According to Caveman, one of the changes his buddy had after playing the game post-patch was that he was able to edit Rivalry matches in Universe (he couldn´t before) to add managers and the match would still count as a Rivalry match to advance the rivalry BUT he wouldn´t get any cutscenes on that match if the match was edited. We don´t know what else adds or fixes the patch.

is some of what it does from the 2k forum. You can also edit managers I believe. As some of what it does is scattered about information wise.

I'm totally annoyed that there's no midnight releases anywhere near me now. 11 GB would take about 4 hours for me to download. I could install the game on my PS4 and download the patch overnight. Then it'd be ready when I wake up the next morning/later on that morning however you view it.

I wonder how they got the update to start. I've downloaded 43GB on my xb1 to pre load but never got the patch?

I didn't pre-load the game but on Xbox One, go to " My games and apps " and below " Ready to install ", there is a section for updates. Wait and probably that you will see the patch

Wasn't there I checked

I dunno. Im going off those two threads. Whatever information about it is in those two topics. And it's for both apparently and so far it's only seen on X-Box 1. https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4292752-WWE-2K17-Pre-First-Day-Patch

and the screenshot of it is there along with maby more info on it: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4292508-Some-interesting-comments-about-Universe-Mode&p=14696631#post14696631

I saw some people saying you couldn't edit who was doing promos in universe? Perhaps its fixing that too?

I feel bad for people with slow internet (mine can be crap but will still get it done in an hour) especially if you're waiting to play at midnight.

Promos were editable, if you weren't an idiot.

Archived