It seems like the Universe mode is broken again

CM_EDGE

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4292508-Some-interesting-comments-about-Universe-Mode&p=14696290#post14696290

"Editing a rivalry will delete the whole rivalry

His quote on rivalries "I created a new match instead of editing the existing match. The "r" was gone. I put bray vs Darren young with the family at ringside. No "r" I also added Heyman to Brock and again the r is gone. I check rivalries and they've been deleted "

Editing MitB removes it from being a MitB match."

Are you kidding me Yukes? Are you freaking kidding me?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the rivalries are presets so if you try to modify them and their main preset storyline intereferes with the Edits you made, the whole rivarly preset gets removed from your card due to incompatibility/inaccuracy with the preset storyline.

Just don't use the rivalry function then.

"Rivalries" are preset Stories that the game goes through. Interfering in said Story, interferes in the game's way to handle that story.

Just don't use the "Rivalry"-function and you're good to go.

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4292508-Some-interesting-comments-about-Universe-Mode&p=14696290#post14696290

His quote on rivalries "I created a new match instead of editing the existing match. The "r" was gone. I put bray vs Darren young with the family at ringside. No "r" I also added Heyman to Brock and again the r is gone. I check rivalries and they've been deleted "

Take it with a grain of salt. That info comes from a random reddit post that was deleted. Which comes from a guy whose friend has the game early, and doesn't want to question nor proves the legitimacy of the game.

I have seen some little issues in other places, but the guy I watch keeps assuring the audience that the copy every has right now is NOT the full game that will be releasing on Tuesday.

Take it with a grain of salt. That info comes from a random reddit post that was deleted. Which comes from a guy whose friend has the game early, and doesn't want to question nor proves the legitimacy of the game.

Nope, most of it is already confirmed, even with the 11 Gigabyte patch.

http://simuverse.boards.net/thread/103/unseen-wwe2k17-footage#ixzz4MIYahsDH

So, the thing they have done by removing the showcase mode is sitting idle and just adding 20 new characters along with promo engine and backstage brawls.

Last year game they had put lot of effort. They made showcase...... They added more than 60+ new characters.....increased the CAWs....added lot of new features to creation suite and improved the career mode.

I am going to call it now.....universe mode this year will be no different.....it will be buggy and people will start their complaints once the game is released. This is pathetic work from 2K...by removing the showcase mode they have done nothing with the other modes of the game.

Nope, most of it is already confirmed, even with the 11 Gigabyte patch.

http://simuverse.boards.net/thread/103/unseen-wwe2k17-footage#ixzz4MIYahsDH

So it'll be fixed in the (correct me if I'm wrong) Day 1 patch and you still take issue with it? At this point, all I can advise you to do is not buy the pissing game.

Idk, even with the all the potentially bad/lackluster news that's been coming in, I'm insanely excited nonetheless.

I've never had a perfect WWE experience with any of the games, but I still get excited and always have fun.

If you can't bring yourself to enjoy the game over little things, then you might not enjoy it regardless of what they do.

"Rivalries" are preset Stories that the game goes through. Interfering in said Story, interferes in the game's way to handle that story.

Are you the resident excuse maker for 2K? The only way to enact cut scenes in universe mode is through rivalries. It's the closest thing available to having a season mode with storylines.

Not having the option to edit rivalry matches or promos is something you'd expect from a game with severe limitations. This isn't the 64-bit era anymore.

So, the thing they have done by removing the showcase mode is sitting idle and just adding 20 new characters along with promo engine and backstage brawls.

Last year game they had put lot of effort. They made showcase...... They added more than 60+ new characters.....increased the CAWs....added lot of new features to creation suite and improved the career mode.

I am going to call it now.....universe mode this year will be no different.....it will be buggy and people will start their complaints once the game is released. This is pathetic work from 2K...by removing the showcase mode they have done nothing with the other modes of the game.

Lol pretty much this. I know I'm not getting the game this year. Next year hopefully.

Are you the resident excuse maker for 2K? The only way to enact cut scenes in universe mode is through rivalries. It's the closest thing available to having a season mode with storylines.

Not having the option to edit rivalry matches or promos is something you'd expect from a game with severe limitations. This isn't the 64-bit era anymore.

Fine. Not gonna give people a work around anymore. *shrugs*

Guess I will just have fun in silence.

Archived