No body morphing??

The Nomodder

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they always charge $5 for it? I just get the DLC season pass every year and inexplicably, they hiked the price up by $5 more, not to mention that to get the three additional NXT set of wrestlers will cost an extra $10.

So $40 for DLC to get the full experience on top of the $59.99 ($65 after tax)... over $100 to get a full roster. Yet they take away basic functions that should never be removed. Great business practice right there.

I look at that picture and without even thinking about it lose 5 CAWs. I definitely would work around it if I were playing this but if this sticks I'm just glad to be a board member because walking INTO that revelation blind... I don't know what I'd do.

I do want to point out that that is under super heavyweights, I dunno if anyone else done anything lower than that in a vid to see if there is different ones.

Good point. I doubt that really fat body would be available if your weight was, say, 200 pounds or lower. But let's see. 2K isn't THQ...there HAS to be something we're not seeing about this. I believe that in my heart. They wouldn't remove detailed morphing just for those to be all we have, in terms of body type variety, would they?

I can understand the gradual phasing out of older move animations that would look crappy or arcadey with the current gameplay style going forward, and I can understand them doing away with the tried and true morphing system in order to produce something better or more in-depth (like Body Deformation)....problem is, doesn't look like they finished the job in time for this release. And THAT is about as far as I'll go with a THQ comparison....lol

We'll see next week, though, just how bad it is, if at all.

They have removed a LOT of moves before. I CAN see them removing features as well.

No, THQ removed a lot of moves before. 2K has taken something here and there, mostly very bad looking moves, but it is NOT 2011, and exaggerating helps no one.

They have removed a LOT of moves before. I CAN see them removing features as well.

I think that they only did that in order to rebuild the system for the current gen and a lot of those moves came back the next year (I.e. 2k16).

It would suck if they removed body morphing this year but just about everything that they've reworked has been a dramatic improvement on what was there before. If going without it this year means that it will be better than ever next year, then I'm content to make the best of it and see that improvement then. While it may not be "true" morphing, at least they left us with something to fill the void.

I know that we ALL want the best experience possible but getting there takes time....time that they're rather limited on for each title. It's going to be a process to have the "ultimate" WWE game experience and as miffed as I was about 2k15, the leap forward of 2k16 and the prospective improvements of 2k17 have me believing that they WILL actually make that game. It's just going to take some time. That's a much better outlook on the series than I had 3 years ago.

Holy heck, that was a tangent.

Sorry.

>_>

I think that they only did that in order to rebuild the system for the current gen and a lot of those moves came back the next year (I.e. 2k16).

It would suck if they removed body morphing this year but just about everything that they've reworked has been a dramatic improvement on what was there before. If going without it this year means that it will be better than ever next year, then I'm content to make the best of it and see that improvement then. While it may not be "true" morphing, at least they left us with something to fill the void.

I know that we ALL want the best experience possible but getting there takes time....time that they're rather limited on for each title. It's going to be a process to have the "ultimate" WWE game experience and as miffed as I was about 2k15, the leap forward of 2k16 and the prospective improvements of 2k17 have me believing that they WILL actually make that game. It's just going to take some time. That's a much better outlook on the series than I had 3 years ago.

Holy heck, that was a tangent.

Sorry.

>_>

Don't be sorry. That was perfectly and amazingly put.

*Censored* me, anyone would think Aubrey Sitterson was still rearing his ugly head with the way some of you go on.

If body morphing is definitely out this year then it does suck, but Jesus Christ, calm down. They aren't doing it to spite the community - otherwise we wouldn't have the ridiculous amount of awesome additions to this year's game. There is a reason to it.

I understand being upset, but 2K aren't THQ.

*Censored* me, anyone would think Aubrey Sitterson was still rearing his ugly head with the way some of you go on.

If body morphing is definitely out this year then it does suck, but Jesus Christ, calm down. They aren't doing it to spite the community - otherwise we wouldn't have the ridiculous amount of awesome additions to this year's game. There is a reason to it.

Nah, then there'd be more "body morphing is in, you're just using the menus wrong!". :lol:

Nah, then there'd be more "body morphing is in, you're just using the menus wrong!". :lol:

At least 2K is smart not to have Q&A's with people. God between Cory, Aubrey & Bryan telling you "Maybe Next Year" was a pain in the ass. I swear THQ wasn't that bad with making the games, but they could not promote them for shit.

The Q and As are indeed where alot of the THQ mistrust came from. They simply shouldn't have existed. Too many situations where they announced things that weren't true. Still salty about the Advanced Create a Tag Team entrance back in... what was it, '10? They still made some bad decisions, but I think if they held off on those sessions it would've softened the blow

Especially considering the fact that it's not even confirmed whether or not body morphing is removed or not. Even so, I agree with you that people need to calm down a bit because it's as you said, if they remove something it's for a good reason.

I understand why people would be upset but at least wait until an actual confirmation.

Actually, regarding Ernez's idea that maybe body type might have more variety if you go to a lower, more common, weight class, I think WillPower's MyCareer vid negates that, atleast from Super Heavyweight to normal Heavyweight. His guy is 6'3", 220 lbs, classified Heavyweight, and it appears we still just have the same 10 body types to choose from and no advance kind of morphing body-wise whatsoever.

It does just kinda look like this is what we've got this year.

Actually, regarding Ernez's idea that maybe body type might have more variety if you go to a lower, more common, weight class, I think WillPower's MyCareer vid negates that, atleast from Super Heavyweight to normal Heavyweight. His guy is 6'3", 220 lbs, classified Heavyweight, and it appears we still just have the same 10 body types to choose from and no advance kind of morphing body-wise whatsoever.

It does just kinda look like this is what we've got this year.

I didn't know if there was another vid on it or not.

Archived