Westworld (HBO)

Generations

Is anyone watching this?

It just started, so it's a good time to start watching...before you get behind. It premiered last night. I watched the pilot and thought it was fantastic. Will probably watch it a second time before next week's episode. I've never seen the original, but it's a great concept with great production and great actors. Highly recommend it.

Surprised more people aren't commenting, but I figure I'll give my thoughts on the premier.

Strong opener, nothing much happened, but the westworld was set up nicely, the park itself was established as was the difference between the Host's and the Guest's. The cast is really good, like surprisingly good. It was great to see Steven Ogg, Antony Hopkins and James Marsdan.

Yeah, I'm intrigued.

The first episode didn't really hook me all too much. The cast is excellent (particularly Ed Harris, Louis Herthum, and Hopkins) and the cinematagrophy is dope, too; It reminds me of the recent And Then There Were None series, but the content didn't really interest me much. I'll give Ep2 and 3 a shot though, since the premise is interesting.

The first episode didn't really hook me all too much. The cast is excellent (particularly Ed Harris, Louis Herthum, and Hopkins) and the cinematagrophy is dope, too; It reminds me of the recent And Then There Were None series, but the content didn't really interest me much. I'll give Ep2 and 3 a shot though, since the premise is interesting.

I think this show is going to be a slow burner. I can understand if the premier didn't hook you they certainly know that the premise and cinematography alone will keep enough interest.

Ed Harris is fantastic.

Finally got round to watching the first 2 episodes (I'll watch 3 this weekend) and its really really decent so far, the cast seems to be especially good. I've never seen the original movie its based off so i have nothing to compare it to, but from what I've seen so far I reckon I'll continue watching.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The wife and I started watching this series on Saturday... not bad, not bad at all. After seeing 'Inferno' earlier in the week, there was an actress in the series premiere that we noticed immediately. Love it when shit like that happens...

Season finale was CRAZY.

I don't really know what direction the show will take now that Anthony Hopkins' character is dead and the majority of the human characters are also likely to be dead. I'm assuming that the man in black is actually going to survive (in spite of being shot once and things looking pretty bleak for him). Crazy twist there with revealing him as William. I'm a bit iffy on believing the choice of actors (as far as them being believable as the same person). Also enjoyed seeing that there are other worlds outside of West World...(Samurai World?). No doubt, we will see those other parks in future seasons. Don't know what else to say...the show is just so damn good. Every time I think they've painted themselves into a corner, they do a 180.

Dude who plays William (Jimmi Simpson) is apparently from Hackettstown, which is right down the street (5-10 minutes by car). Feels weird to keep seeing people from this area. First Deonna Purazzo...now this dude. There is absolutely nothing about Hackettstown NJ that inspires success. It's not a bad place, it just kinda exists... :lol:

Really enjoyed this show. Kinda wish I wouldn't have read Reddit while watching it because people figured out most of the twists super early on. But even still having those theories in mind while watching it didn't really ruin it at all for me. Super well written.

I thought the identity of the MIB was quite clear about midway through the season. The ending surprised me but I think they've left it quite open in terms of what they can do with that character now.

fwiw I think that was a host version of Forde, he isn't finished with his work yet. The shot in the MIB's arm was a nice touch as well after he had complained about the hosts never fighting back or posing any real threat.

My favorite episode by far was the episode before the last two, in which Bernard found out he was a host. It was crazy, I never actually considered it before in the previous weeks, and Bernard was growing into my favorite character. That whole episode was amazing, from you finally figuring out how Ford just crept up on Bernard in an earlier episode when they're in the house with the unresponsive hosts, and when whats her name asked Bernard "whats this door doing here?" and Bernard goes "what door?" All the way up to the final reveal, it was just..Wow. I hadn't been that wowed by a series since Tyrion killed Tywin.

Archived