Alternate Attire Spots

nystyle

That screen isn't anything new. That's what brought up the whole conversation about alt attires. The theory that makes the most sense to me is that it's the same as it was last year, you're just now allowed to choose the attire in the 2nd slot unlike before.

Going back to my original quote from a user at the 2K forums I will try to make sense of it.

If you made a custom superstar, you had 2 attire slots to use. Now if you downloaded a Dolph Ziggler for example with 2 attires in slot 1 and 2, then assigned them as an alternate attire, you were only allowed to choose from 1 of the attires for some reason. Now it appears that you will be able to use both slots for in-game superstars. Does that make sense or is it still confusing?

That makes sense too. This why 2k need to give us the details on this type of stuff. Alt Attires are a big part of making the game refreshing and fun.

Im hoping strikers assumptions are correct. To me, the screen shot message is simply telling us to not delete the first attire because it will delete the whole CAW.

Right, I'm going to have a go at this;

If you create an original superstar, you can create two attires.

In 2k16 If you created an alternate attire for an existing in game superstar, by effectively creating a caw - and then "set as alternate attire" you could only use one of the attire slots.

From the discussions, in 2K17 you will now be able to assign both of those attires as alternates, effectively giving you a possible three attires for a superstar, plus the original.

Here's the example.

AJ Styles - Debut attire in game. Allowed to set one alternate attire, lets say WrestleMania. So you have those two assigned to the "in game" AJ Styles.

Next you create / download a caw copy of AJ Styles with two attires (Red and Backlash) which is "set as alternate" - I think now, that adds those two attires to the two already in the game. So when you go to Styles on the select screen you have;

Wrestlemania

Red

Backlash.

Done some deep digging and found out it is indeed true we are only allowed to add only 2 additional alt attires to all in game superstars and legends.wonder why they limited it now. This bummed me out bc i love to have several attires for a superstar from different eras and events.

Do you have a link to where you saw this?

Smacktalks youtube page on the video showing creation suite.

vFjumiC.png

I still dont understand that shit

I'm glad I'm not the only one. WTF?!

In 2k16 If you created an alternate attire for an existing in game superstar, by effectively creating a caw - and then "set as alternate attire" you could only use one of the attire slots.

From the discussions, in 2K17 you will now be able to assign both of those attires as alternates, effectively giving you a possible three attires for a superstar, plus the original.

Here's the example.

AJ Styles - Debut attire in game. Allowed to set one alternate attire, lets say WrestleMania. So you have those two assigned to the "in game" AJ Styles.

Next you create / download a caw copy of AJ Styles with two attires (Red and Backlash) which is "set as alternate" - I think now, that adds those two attires to the two already in the game. So when you go to Styles on the select screen you have;

Wrestlemania

Red

Backlash.

Sorry if im missing something, but do we get to set one in game attire without taking up a caw spot before we need to create a superstar for the two additional spots?

Here's the example.

Wrestlemania

Red

Backlash.

Sorry if im missing something, but do we get to set one in game attire without taking up a caw spot before we need to create a superstar for the two additional spots?

It took up a caw spot in 2K16. Whether or not that has changed in 2K17 remains to be seen.

Ok so all it is is now we can have 2 alt attires in one caw slot for in game superstars? pretty sure we can still download and use as many alt attires as we want, just now we can have 2 attires in one caw slot. Peoples just making it sound more confusing than it actually is.

I seriously doubt they'd limit us to just two attires for every ingame superstar, i mean what would be the point? Theres no reason they'd have to do that.

I'm still confused, so do the two attires in the CAW slot share the same entrance attire?

This is the only thing I'm unsure of. It wouldn't make sense to have it this way though. Essentially, you'd have to share things across the two attires...

I'm still confused, so do the two attires in the CAW slot share the same entrance attire?

This is the only thing I'm unsure of. It wouldn't make sense to have it this way though. Essentially, you'd have to share things across the two attires...

Given that they've removed body morphing, anything is possible.

You know what blows my mind? Is that none of you mention you can already do this in 2k16. It's just the second attire does not work, it doesn't show up when selecting an attire.

Edit:

Pic 1: Showing both attires

mofEQgB.jpg

Pic 2: Showing it doesn't actually work.

qIJqGCR.jpg

So my point is its already been in the game, it just didn't work.

You know what blows my mind? Is that none of you mention you can already do this in 2k16. It's just the second attire does not work, it doesn't show up when selecting an attire.

Edit:

mofEQgB.jpg

qIJqGCR.jpg

That's what makes things so exciting. Being able to make two attires last year, but only being able to access 1 was absolutely dumb.

Edit:

That's what makes things so exciting. Being able to make two attires last year, but only being able to access 1 was absolutely dumb.

but everyone is talking like its a new feature so it must work....but it was in last year and didn't work...so how do you know it will work this time?

We had the same feature since the edit a superstar studio came into existence. We can always create two attires for any in game superstar but when u select 'use as alternative attire' the second becomes unusable. But it is still saved for if u ever want to turn that alternative attire to a regular caw later.

We had the same feature since the edit a superstar studio came into existence. We can always create two attires for any in game superstar but when u select 'use as alternative attire' the second becomes unusable. But it is still saved for if u ever want to turn that alternative attire to a regular caw later.

Then there is no difference by what people are talking about in WWE2k17.

There has been pics of the second attire actually working this year. That's why everyone is getting excited

There has been pics of the second attire actually working this year. That's why everyone is getting excited

where i need to see that

Are you sure? Can you show me this?

Ernez, this is the thread where that pic was posted but apparently it's not there anymore. I actually saw the pic too where AJ had like 5 or so attires listed under his name and they said this was done with two caw slots. It is legit.

http://simuverse.boards.net/thread/103/unseen-wwe2k17-footage?page=2

Ernez, this is the thread where that pic was posted but apparently it's not there anymore. I actually saw the pic too where AJ had like 5 or so attires listed under his name and they said this was done with two caw slots. It is legit.

Thank you

Thank you

Sorry I didn't get there quick enough. Thanks for posting that.

Archived