Does anybody miss the Paint Tool feature? Opinions...

Dj-Sprat

I personally do. I get that we have to freedom to upload anything we want. But alot of the time it requires photophobia/editing skills to get what we actually want.

As in my case I only have a laptop and no proper software to edit images. Off topic but does anybody have any suggestions of a program that's free?

I thought it would of been cool to also keep the Paint Tool to add variety and also be there for the people who can't upload and edit their own images

What are your thoughts?

I personally do. I get that we have to freedom to upload anything we want. But alot of the time it requires photophobia/editing skills to get what we actually want.

As in my case I only have a laptop and no proper software to edit images. Off topic but does anybody have any suggestions of a program that's free?

I thought it would of been cool to also keep the Paint Tool to add variety and also be there for the people who can't upload and edit their own images

What are your thoughts?

Gimp is a free Programm and has a fair amount of Tools you can use.

There are also tutorials around to help you. :)

I too liked the in game paint Tools and I think that a combination of in game Tools and outside stuff we can Import would be great.

We have a edit function in game but it's not good cause you only can apply a Color, delete a area or part and the Image you editing is applied as a copy and second Image of the Prior one.

No. I hated the paint tool. It was stupidly annoying trying to draw intricate logos using a console controller.

As others have said, use GIMP. It does a lot that Photoshop does, though not quite as well, but is MORE than capable for making textures and logos for this series.

That and Audacity are probably the two best pieces of free software I've ever used.

I miss it when I upload a texture and it's not the right size so I have to keep resizing it or it's missing a little detail here and there that I could easily fix with the paint tool.

I prefer uploading than paint tool but this is true

No question I prefer uploading textures the way it is now but it can be a hassle when I forgot to do something like color something a different color or erase a small detail. The way it is now I would have to edit it in Photoshop, enter my code on the site to upload the image, then go to the game and download it and then go to caw mode, and then if it's still not right I would have to do it all over again and waste my daily uploads in the process. If paint tool was still in it would save me all that hassle. I don't need the paint tool badly, but I wouldn't mind having it back in.

No question I prefer uploading textures the way it is now but it can be a hassle when I forgot to do something like color something a different color or erase a small detail. The way it is now I would have to edit it in Photoshop, enter my code on the site to upload the image, then go to the game and download it and then go to caw mode, and then if it's still not right I would have to do it all over again and waste my daily uploads in the process. If paint tool was still in it would save me all that hassle. I don't need the paint tool badly, but I wouldn't mind having it back in.

You can actually do that with uploaded logos

I assume that GIMP.com is the web address, yes? I don't want to type it in and uhh... start viewing disturbing images that I will need therapy for life! :lol:

haha just write gimp download in Google, is quite popular now! Use to batter it in secondary school when I had face like 40 snipers were following me down the street. Best app ever!

I have the upmost respect for the guys that put out some awesome logos with the paint tool as I could never get anywhere with it and tried for many many hours! And anyone who has had any logos done by me will know the effort I put into photoshop, as I guess some would say photoshop is the easy option! It can be the easiest way, but it doesn't have to be, and depends on the work u want to put in. So I'm very happen that we are allowed to upload photoshoped images as I'd never go back to the paint tool! Lol.

Archived