Universe mode revealed

kidd0

Please have an option for multiple saves... please have an option for multiple saves.

I already have plans for having multiple saves covering different eras of wrestling. A current save that'll have RAW, Smackdown, NXT and NJPW for my weekly shows.

A Monday Night Wars save that'll have RAW, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown and ECW.

And a classic 80s-90s save for WWF Primetime Wrestling and WCW Saturday Night.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

Yeah that's not going to happen. Your best bet will be to set up multiple profiles on your system to spread the saves across.

You've mugged yourself off there; save slots have been confirmed.

Yeah, really wasn't expecting that, makes me look silly.

Still doesn't help with needing separate profiles to get round the CAS limit, but it's a step in the right direction

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the "having to play through the matches in order" bit. Doing so does NOT mean you cannot edit matches on the card, it only means you have to play them in order so that the announce team can react to what happened previously and what happens next.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd rather edit the matches before the show, and then play through in order.

Given 2K in every aspect of the game so far appear to have taken fans' opinions on board and delivered improvements, I'd say it's likely to be the case with Universe mode too - and the key complaints were repetitive booking and lack of cutscenes.

I'm concerned about editing matches. It was mentioned in the article and I did not see any option to edit on the screen.

From what I understood, the edit option pops up at the bottom of the screen where it is possible to edit so.something. like edit a superstar etc otherwise we can't. I did not see an edit option during the matchs screen.

Hopefully we can edit matches.

YES!!!!!!

And I cannot unsee Dana's Render staring into my soul now.

Dana wins.......FATALITY.

This is it for me, the rest has just been unbelievable to see, but if they nail Universe mode's issues and make it even a few percent better (fixing the repeat booking in feuds) - then this might very well be the game that finally usurps No Mercy as the greatest wrestling game of all time for me.

Tomorrow's video is the one I've been waiting for.

What video is coming tomorrow? Did I miss something?

one thing im wondering will superstars voices be on the promo aspect its gonna suck if its just text :( also will lesnar have any specific cut scenes caterd to him ? would aslo love to see an option for a superstar return on the show

It will be text, they can't do voices for everyone + your caws. Would rather it be just text, easier to add more promos, plus it would be silly for caws having same voice, etc.

I wish the title of this topic wasn't "universe mode revealed"...until it actually gets revealed. I keep psyching myself out, thinking the info has actually been released.

It has. Check a few pages back. 2K put up an article about it.

Oh, so it's just an article then? I was expecting a video.

Anyway, just having multiple saves is a really nice thing. Now I can have one universe just for getting the achievements, and one set up the way I actually want it. I think that was one of the reasons why I never seriously played universe in 2K16...because I wanted the achievements...but my universe was always in shambles from just doing whatever got the achievements as easily as possible.

Oh I hope they fixed that annoying petty ass bug where if you change any little thing about the card, the rest of the card drastically changes. Like the game is saying "if you don't like exactly what I came up, then how bout you get nothing"

Oh I hope they fixed that annoying petty ass bug where if you change any little thing about the card, the rest of the card drastically changes. Like the game is saying "if you don't like exactly what I came up, then how bout you get nothing"

Sometimes the card would even change after you've had a match, even if you don't change anything. Frustrating as hell.

There is a channel on YouTube that looks to be releasing gameplay tomorrow at 10, 2 and 6 EST. He stated in his video that it will include universe mode so hopefully get to see the new improvements in action. It's Tonypizzaguy YouTube channel so I think this is pretty legit

Also if you watch the smacktalks video he says that Dana is shown in the show graphic because she is assigned as Charlottes manager. Might be a confirmation that we can now have managers assigned?

Archived