Universe mode revealed

kidd0

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

promos, 3 save slots and a new menu, and that's all. I expected more when they told they focused on universe and my career with no showcase. Really disapointed.

Really dude?

Yeah really, I loved the create mode and my career trailer, I'm still hyped for the game but yeah I expected more stuff added to universe mode than what I read in that article. I'm not saying that the game or the mode suck, I'm saying that after reading that article, the universe mode doesn't change that much

I agree, mate.

I found the majority of that article was re-treading old features tbh. Still doesn't seem to be any manager inclusions. Just doesn't feel particularly new to me. Enjoyed all of the other stuff trailer/info wise, but this felt a little bit of a letdown.

The fact it's still major, minor, tag and women's titles is a bit disappointing, too.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the "having to play through the matches in order" bit. Doing so does NOT mean you cannot edit matches on the card, it only means you have to play them in order so that the announce team can react to what happened previously and what happens next.

I love how we can do two different victory depending on heel or face at the same time

Must've missed this. That's nice.

I'm not sure what this means.

In one of the pictures you can see that American Alpha can have a heel or face victory cutscene, as confirmed previously that we could edit the victory scenes and that there would be face and heel versions of the same superstar. I don't really think everyone will have one of each, though, most of them will just be generic ones probably.

I love how we can do two different victory depending on heel or face at the same time

Must've missed this. That's nice.
I'm not sure what this means.

In one of the pictures you can see that American Alpha can have a heel or face victory cutscene, as confirmed previously that we could edit the victory scenes and that there would be face and heel versions of the same superstar. I don't really think everyone will have one of each, though, most of them will just be generic ones probably.

Oh, OK. I must have missed that. That's awesome.

The multisave option is great. Can now separate Legends brand from rest of Universe w/o having a new profile.

Am I wrong in thinking that article said each saved universe used the same creations so we wouldn't need to save say Raven separately for each universe

I really wanted 1 thing this year, to assign managers.

Haven't seen that we can, haven't seen that we can't. Although we were shown where I'd think the option would be, and it wasn't there. :(

Totally isn't in. Rusev didn't have Lana and The New Day didn't have Xavier Woods. It really sucks because that's one of the simple things that kill the immersion

Well, there is still the hope that you can't assign them manually without messing with the rivalry

i was hoping for a little more than extra save slots and promos. Especially since they had extra time/budget on account of not having to work on their main game mode....showcase.

i wanted them to come out and say....Match creators back, match pace is back....more randomness and cutscenes happen more often

Universe is still the main mode i play. But though we've gotten more control over it every year.....its become less fun.

Universe in SvR 2011 & WWE 12 was a freaking mess. But damn it was a blast to play.

i feel like the last 2 years.......i just get the same 5 cutscenes. And they will only happen when the wrestlers are in a rivalry....and only on a normal show....never at a ppv.

"One notable change we’ve made here is that you have to proceed through the match card in the order it’s presented. This might change the way our Universe veterans go through their matches, but it really lets our commentary shine as the team talks about what’s happened and what’s coming next throughout the show."

This makes me nervous because a lot of times, it books the main feuds for the title in the middle of the show.

"Our matchmaking system is designed to pick the most important Superstars at the time, with a chance of adding a surprise or two."

And does this also mean we can't edit participants and change the matches to what we want if universe is booking things we don't like outside of rivalries.

Not. That's not what it is saying.

Okay. The way it's worded makes it kinda seem that way, and the screenshots don't show any options to change the matches.

They need to incorporate the different types of promos/segments with different settings and environments to keep Universe mode more exciting. And Don't limit the game to only 3 rivalries.

Raw 2, which was not the best wrestling game, at the very least had a ton of various options for storylines with scripted cutscenes.

Watching that reminded me of how great it was to have casual alternate attires for all wrestlers, something that is missing from today's games. Hell, No Mercy gave us 4 attires for every wrestler in the game. Bring back alternate attires for all!

An updated version of this with different variations of each scenario would be a massive step forward for Universe mode. They need to expand on the rivalries as well. It should go beyond just a singles and a tag team rivalry. Why not a triple threat rivalry, for example with AJ Styles, John Cena and Dean Ambrose? Or a Fatal 4-Way rivalry from the Attitude era between The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple H and The Undertaker?

I feel that Universe mode has so much potential, but 2K is just limiting itself by making minimal changes. When was Universe mode first introduced? In WWE '12? How much has changed since then? How many big, new features or options have been added since then?

There have been changes that have been made that I'm happy with, but I can see where some of the disappointed fans are coming from. They have a legit gripe and are fair in voicing their concerns and disappointment with what was announced. I think it is unfair for anyone to criticize them and to call them out.

What would really help improve this mode for me is a few things;

Rating system for matches/show: looks like I may be given the match rating thing from some videos we've seen. Now if they'd incorporate a show rating based on match ratings, rivalries on he show, etc like we used to get in gm mode that'd be something I'd enjoy.

Blank slate: in other words have the universe be completely blank so we can manually put in matches or give us an option to have the show auto book itself like it does now. Often times I find editing matches screws up things like if the match is labeled a rivalry match. Hopefully that's something they've fixed this year. An option to have completely blank universe where we put the shows on what days we want and basically start everything from the bottom would be cool too.

Rivalry/story overhaul: like I've seen most people mention this needs an overhaul imo. Far too repetitive with the cutscenes and matches. Hopefully the promo engine will help this problem a bit.

I've stated in another post I think universe mode would benefit if they added some features siniliar to how the EWR simulator works. Either that or give us back a sort of GM mode, or add a feature to universe mode where it makes it more like gm mode. Just my opinion however. There's other ideas I had but would take some time to write up.

Rating system for matches/show: looks like I may be given the match rating thing from some videos we've seen. Now if they'd incorporate a show rating based on match ratings, rivalries on he show, etc like we used to get in gm mode that'd be something I'd enjoy.

Blank slate: in other words have the universe be completely blank so we can manually put in matches or give us an option to have the show auto book itself like it does now. Often times I find editing matches screws up things like if the match is labeled a rivalry match. Hopefully that's something they've fixed this year. An option to have completely blank universe where we put the shows on what days we want and basically start everything from the bottom would be cool too.

Rivalry/story overhaul: like I've seen most people mention this needs an overhaul imo. Far too repetitive with the cutscenes and matches. Hopefully the promo engine will help this problem a bit.

I've stated in another post I think universe mode would benefit if they added some features siniliar to how the EWR simulator works. Either that or give us back a sort of GM mode, or add a feature to universe mode where it makes it more like gm mode. Just my opinion however. There's other ideas I had but would take some time to write up.

we can already do that

YES!!!!!!

And I cannot unsee Dana's Render staring into my soul now.

Dana wins.......FATALITY.

This is it for me, the rest has just been unbelievable to see, but if they nail Universe mode's issues and make it even a few percent better (fixing the repeat booking in feuds) - then this might very well be the game that finally usurps No Mercy as the greatest wrestling game of all time for me.

Tomorrow's video is the one I've been waiting for.

we can already do that

Really? How so? I must be missing something. I don't mean like the editing I mean have it from the start just be completely blank instead of having to go in and edit the matches to how you want them. If we can already do that please tell me how as I have no idea and would absolutely love that lol.

Archived