Universe mode revealed

kidd0

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking awesome... And as I often use Universe, I'm loving even the small things like the fact that you choose to only see the superstars of a roster.

But I really need to see the promo engine... And Lesnar is in rivalry while doing a promo, hoping it means that you can have the rivalry going forward even without a match.

But then, it doesn't look like much changed though. Looking at the news for week 1, it's classic WWE Universe.

Enzo & Cass vs The New Day : The champs won a match against a random tag team and then, the challengers had the classic cut-scene where they challenge

Owens vs Rollins : Champion vs challenger in one on one and the loser walks out. Usual.

I'm waiting until the gameplay because it will all be about the presentation. If they can make it looks like a real show as announced, it will be great. If not... I will like it anyway since I already liked the universe in 2k16

Doesn't look promising at all. What do we know about the mode now that we didn't before? More than half of the article explained how to replicate current WWE instead of focusing on how the promo system works and how it effects rivalries.

It is nice to have promos, but it is a pointless feature if it don't work properly. This has been the thing with 2K wrestling games in the last few years; new features make it in but end up being half-assed. I'm willing to bet that the promos won't be diverse and won't add much to the existing stories (actually hoping I'm wrong).

If they were diverse and actually effected gameplay, the blog would have mentioned it. Instead, the smartass writer wrote an entire guide on how to utilize tools that we had last year.

The only thing they didn't address that I hoped they would was the repetitive matches for rivalries. Other than that, I'm happy with what I saw. I'm glad we can edit Championship rankings now. I could be mistaken, but that is new, isn't it?

We could always do that. Atleast since WWE'13

Now I feel dumb. I've never noticed that.

promos, 3 save slots and a new menu, and that's all. I expected more when they told they focused on universe and my career with no showcase. Really disapointed.

What else could there have been? ROH? Evolve? NJPW? Space travel?
Don't know, more title slot ? Or at least not the same schema of 3 men title and 1 diva ? being able to host a ppv by more than two roster ? More storylines options ? More rivalry slot, so we don't have to sacrifice a title rivalry if we want to set a non title one ? Being able to set wrestler as part timers ? Or tweener ? Being able to set attire for wrestler and not just all or one specificaly ? Maybe adding things, like contract, merchandise selling etc.. that can have influence on the popularity of a superstars and so his attributes ?

Just some things i can think off right now, in 15 minutes just after i woke up.

But yeah there is nothing that can be added to the mode except time travel, you're right....

I was also expecting a lot more from Universe mode this year.

Even if they solely focused on diversity in rivalries and different branches and scenes that actually pop up in the game instead of being a damn myth, I'd be willing to get the game.

To be fair though, we still don't know how the mode works or if its any better. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

promos, 3 save slots and a new menu, and that's all. I expected more when they told they focused on universe and my career with no showcase. Really disapointed.

Really dude?

Theres always that 1 guy...... :facepalm::rolleyes:

Yeah sorry for having an opinion, I should just fangirling saying how awsome this is, that will be the best wrestling game ever and then coming back in november, criyng that the mode is boring and the game suck :)

What else could there have been? ROH? Evolve? NJPW? Space travel?
Don't know, more title slot ? Or at least not the same schema of 3 men title and 1 diva ? being able to host a ppv by more than two roster ? More storylines options ? More rivalry slot, so we don't have to sacrifice a title rivalry if we want to set a non title one ? Being able to set wrestler as part timers ? Or tweener ? Being able to set attire for wrestler and not just all or one specificaly ? Maybe adding things, like contract, merchandise selling etc.. that can have influence on the popularity of a superstars and so his attributes ?

Just some things i can think off right now, in 15 minutes just after i woke up.

But yeah there is nothing that can be added to the mode except time travel, you're right....

Non of that is in the same realm of a promo engine and save slots. And from the article we already know that "Rivalries" are no longer a requirement for "Stories", so there is that.

And "More Storyline Options" isn't really something that needs to be said either.

Merchandise & Contracts and stuff like that is things you find in MyCareer mode or TEW, that are specifically made for these.

"One notable change we’ve made here is that you have to proceed through the match card in the order it’s presented. This might change the way our Universe veterans go through their matches, but it really lets our commentary shine as the team talks about what’s happened and what’s coming next throughout the show."

This makes me nervous because a lot of times, it books the main feuds for the title in the middle of the show.

"Our matchmaking system is designed to pick the most important Superstars at the time, with a chance of adding a surprise or two."

And does this also mean we can't edit participants and change the matches to what we want if universe is booking things we don't like outside of rivalries.

"One notable change we’ve made here is that you have to proceed through the match card in the order it’s presented. This might change the way our Universe veterans go through their matches, but it really lets our commentary shine as the team talks about what’s happened and what’s coming next throughout the show."

This makes me nervous because a lot of times, it books the main feuds for the title in the middle of the show.

"Our matchmaking system is designed to pick the most important Superstars at the time, with a chance of adding a surprise or two."

And does this also mean we can't edit participants and change the matches to what we want if universe is booking things we don't like outside of rivalries.

Not. That's not what it is saying.

Hmm, I'm kinda mixed with this. Personally based on this info, there really wasn't that much new. The Promo Engine sounds fantastic on paper, but who knows how well it really was executed. Really in the end besides the Promo Engine, it does sound pretty much the same from 2k16. Still hyped for the game and who knows, maybe the Universe Mode will be more exciting with more cutscenes, interesting bookings and such. But based on the article, not much to get me singing hallelujah.

Hmm, I'm kinda mixed with this. Personally based on this info, there really wasn't that much new. The Promo Engine sounds fantastic on paper, but who knows how well it really was executed. Really in the end besides the Promo Engine, it does sound pretty much the same from 2k16. Still hyped for the game and who knows, maybe the Universe Mode will be more exciting with more cutscenes, interesting bookings and such. But based on the article, not much to get me singing hallelujah.

I've missed the article. All I see is a Facebook link and photo! ?

I like the idea of the new promo segments, but it looks confined to the same spot in each show and it like you can't customize those. They haven't said much about the promo engine, but considering it's the first year it's been in, it could be really limited.

Cutscenes could be cool, but I don't think it'll add much to the overall experience. I do like the idea of storylines developing in between rivalries. I've been hoping for something like that for a while now.

Other than that, everything else seems the same as recent years. Honestly, I'm somewhat underwhelmed considering that 2k was talking about spending amounts of time on Universe (and MyCareer) but it looks like one big change was added in all of that.

Sounds cool but it doesn't seem like a whole lot has changed really. Whatever, I was able to have fun with 2K16's Universe mode so I doubt I'll have any problems doing the same with this years rendition of it.

Still really excited for the game and I'm looking forward to see how promos play out.

Archived