Universe mode revealed

kidd0

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we confirm the new championships are in? And looks like 6-man Battle Royal with Pinfall and submitions are back *censored*in YES!!!

No, the new championships are not in.

"Assign the new Championship to Raw. One of my favorite parts about the brand split is the new championships. I went through our Custom Championships to see how close I could get to recreating the new titles with the options straight out of the box, and turns out it’s pretty close! With my titles ready, I’ll go into My Universe > Shows and choose Raw. I’ll swap out the WWE World Heavyweight Championship with our own Universal Championship and hand it to Kevin Owens. I’ll go into SmackDown and remove the Tag Team and Women’s Championship titles, but I won’t add the new titles just yet. I think it would be fun to recreate those title matches in our own Backlash PPV to see who comes out as the new champions.

Please have an option for multiple saves... please have an option for multiple saves.

I already have plans for having multiple saves covering different eras of wrestling. A current save that'll have RAW, Smackdown, NXT and NJPW for my weekly shows.

A Monday Night Wars save that'll have RAW, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown and ECW.

And a classic 80s-90s save for WWF Primetime Wrestling and WCW Saturday Night.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

Yeah that's not going to happen. Your best bet will be to set up multiple profiles on your system to spread the saves across.

You've mugged yourself off there; save slots have been confirmed.

Can we confirm the new championships are in? And looks like 6-man Battle Royal with Pinfall and submitions are back *censored*in YES!!!

They confirmed pinfall/submission battle royal''s are back?

Nope. They had a six woman battle royal, but at no point was in mentioned that it was anything other than the usual six person battle royal.

The only thing they didn't address that I hoped they would was the repetitive matches for rivalries. Other than that, I'm happy with what I saw. I'm glad we can edit Championship rankings now. I could be mistaken, but that is new, isn't it?

We could always do that. Atleast since WWE'13

The only thing they didn't address that I hoped they would was the repetitive matches for rivalries. Other than that, I'm happy with what I saw. I'm glad we can edit Championship rankings now. I could be mistaken, but that is new, isn't it?

I could be wrong on this, but it looks like the Rivalry function on a match card is now tied to the wrestlers rather than the match itself, so that could mean a lot less repetitive matches.

Also, no; editing the rankings has been in since WWE 13 I think.

promos, 3 save slots and a new menu, and that's all. I expected more when they told they focused on universe and my career with no showcase. Really disapointed.

What else could there have been? ROH? Evolve? NJPW? Space travel?
Don't know, more title slot ? Or at least not the same schema of 3 men title and 1 diva ? being able to host a ppv by more than two roster ? More storylines options ? More rivalry slot, so we don't have to sacrifice a title rivalry if we want to set a non title one ? Being able to set wrestler as part timers ? Or tweener ? Being able to set attire for wrestler and not just all or one specificaly ? Maybe adding things, like contract, merchandise selling etc.. that can have influence on the popularity of a superstars and so his attributes ?

Just some things i can think off right now, in 15 minutes just after i woke up.

But yeah there is nothing that can be added to the mode except time travel, you're right....

Please have an option for multiple saves... please have an option for multiple saves.

I already have plans for having multiple saves covering different eras of wrestling. A current save that'll have RAW, Smackdown, NXT and NJPW for my weekly shows.

A Monday Night Wars save that'll have RAW, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown and ECW.

And a classic 80s-90s save for WWF Primetime Wrestling and WCW Saturday Night.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

You must be so happy now! :dance:

To me, having multiple saves without having to create separate profiles is a big deal. Now I feel like I can fully utilize and dedicate each week to cover every era I grew up watching as well as the current product.

Having one save slot wouldn't be enough for those who wanted to have a weekly show for Raw, Smackdown, NXT, CWC, TNA, ROH, NJPW, Attitude era, WCW, ECW, etc.

This feature helps solve that problem, but like many here have already suggested, I certainly do hope there are more story options and match types involving rivalries. Repeatedly seeing the same matchups on a weekly show will quickly grow stale.

I think it was Day of Reckoning 2 that had tons of options for different types of storylines that you could assign. Like a love triangle, or jealousy, or picking which team could dissolve into a rivalry (rather than having a vague option that would eliminate any tag team at random). I'd rather have the option to assign which tag team will have a breakup angle that will lead to a feud.

As Cristo wrote on his blog about Universe, the more options we have, the better it will be.

promos, 3 save slots and a new menu, and that's all. I expected more when they told they focused on universe and my career with no showcase. Really disapointed.

Really dude?

Yeah really, I loved the create mode and my career trailer, I'm still hyped for the game but yeah I expected more stuff added to universe mode than what I read in that article. I'm not saying that the game or the mode suck, I'm saying that after reading that article, the universe mode doesn't change that much

Archived