DLC Discussion Thread

Ernez

Someone said they have to ask for permission from the tattoo artist, as they were slightly different than on the DDP base model, logically its counted as a complete different model regardless our association to it because of same name, and couldn't re get permission? Which I think doesn't make sense really. Or just a developer oversight.

Its because they changed how they do tattoos. They have to get permission from the original artist (IE the tattoo artist) for each tattoo, and likely have to get permission for putting the tattoo on each model. It's entirely possible that they have to pay royalties if the artist so desires as well, perhaps even royalties per model. It's also possible they couldn't find the original artist in time or simply could not come to a deal.

It sucks, but its also what allowed us to get stuff like Jerichos tattoos.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone said they have to ask for permission from the tattoo artist, as they were slightly different than on the DDP base model, logically its counted as a complete different model regardless our association to it because of same name, and couldn't re get permission? Which I think doesn't make sense really. Or just a developer oversight.

Its because they changed how they do tattoos. They have to get permission from the original artist (IE the tattoo artist) for each tattoo, and likely have to get permission for putting the tattoo on each model. It's entirely possible that they have to pay royalties if the artist so desires as well, perhaps even royalties per model. It's also possible they couldn't find the original artist in time or simply could not come to a deal.

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. As EA & Madden use the same formula, which is why so few player models have there real tattoos, or tattoos period really. And I remember guys asking the developer why OBJ & Kapernick were the only ones with their tattoos and one of the developers responded on twitter saying they could only get permission from the tattoo artists of the two.

Yeah aren't tattoos protect by copyright or trademark cuz there consider art work

thats so dumb. Tattoo artists make a living infringing on copyrights. If i get Bart Simpson saying eat my shorts tatted on my ass....are they going to pay FOX?

i feel like this all happened because of the Hangover movie...and using mike tysons Face tat

Seems a bit of a lame excuse.

Seems a bit of a lame excuse.

Doesn't matter what it seems like.

It's a Damn shame there's no glitch this year to allow logos on in game superstars skin. Would've been an easy fix.

Yep but we all know the individual who ruined that.

For the tattoos if it's an issues far as trademark its bc the tattoo artist is a world reknown brand meaning it's different from when we get tatts at a local shop.

Archived