DLC Discussion Thread

Ernez

Yeah, no complaints, always looking for more ways to drop guys on their head. Like the new pimp Drop too, even if it isn't quite the killer head and shoulder drop I would like it to be.

If there's anything I really miss from the old AKI days, it's the moves being animated based on AJPW matches from the time. Head Drop Heaven.

Yeah, its not a completely head and shoulders drop but its still far more of a sheerdrop than the other DVDs we've got, so I'm quite happy even so.

I keep hoping some day someone will fund a high quality video game for one of the japanese promotions. Who knows, maybe if NJPW succeeds in breaking into the american market like they're planning to, we could eventually get an NJPW game.

Best shot of that happening is probably if someone like Konami explored the possibility of doing a wrestling game along the lines of PES, in that it didn't have a specific license, but editing options to create what you like. I suppose a fully rendered Fire Pro in other words.

Anyway, does anyone know if the WCCW referee is selectable in custom shows? The black shirt looks cool.

Well New Japan released Wrestle Kingdom on the Xbox 360 but the damn thing would only work on Japan consoles.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little nit pick: when they come out as a team why are they announced as Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erichs yhe Von Erichs? Why not Kerry and Kevin the Von Erichs? Just sounds odd

Having the Von Erichs and Freebirds in the same game is unreal. No Gordy though. ?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Wolfpac Sting is my favorite version on last gen, it looks so much better than the other models.

For my money, on "current gen"... I would have to go with Jacqueline as being one of the best character models in the game. After playing through her portion of the HOF Showcase last night, I have big plans in store for the former Women's Champion.

Yes, indeed!

Yeah, no complaints, always looking for more ways to drop guys on their head. Like the new pimp Drop too, even if it isn't quite the killer head and shoulder drop I would like it to be.

If there's anything I really miss from the old AKI days, it's the moves being animated based on AJPW matches from the time. Head Drop Heaven.

Yeah, its not a completely head and shoulders drop but its still far more of a sheerdrop than the other DVDs we've got, so I'm quite happy even so.

I keep hoping some day someone will fund a high quality video game for one of the japanese promotions. Who knows, maybe if NJPW succeeds in breaking into the american market like they're planning to, we could eventually get an NJPW game.

Best shot of that happening is probably if someone like Konami explored the possibility of doing a wrestling game along the lines of PES, in that it didn't have a specific license, but editing options to create what you like. I suppose a fully rendered Fire Pro in other words.

Anyway, does anyone know if the WCCW referee is selectable in custom shows? The black shirt looks cool.

Yeah but... Konami. Konami is Konami, and Konami is the *censored*ing worst.

I used the new DLC to have a Mick Foley Fatal Four Way between Cactus Jack WCW, Cactus Jack WWE, Dude Love and Mankind. Also used for Ric Flair vs. Ric Flair and Big Show vs. Big Show 00 vs. The Giant Triple Threat. Also had a Six Sting Battle Royal which also included Fake Sting CAW.

I thought the HoF DLC was pretty sweet. What's interesting to me is they created a whole separate section for it. It looks so barren with just 1. Imagine if they now retroactively added matches for all HoF years. (2015, '14, '13, etc.)

I hope Hogan is back next game, this roster is so complete and he is the missing link.

I'm sure in this game we could've had matches of Sting/Hogan, Goldberg/Hogan, nWo trio entrance, etc. the possibilities are endless with just him. Uhhh.

In any case, I feel this game is a complete culmination of every single WWE game I've played throughout the years from the NES to now. Papa Shango/Luger/Tatanka/etc. (Super/Genesis games), Earthquake/Typhoon/Bossman/etc. (Wrestlefest arcade)

Archived