DLC Discussion Thread

Ernez

What makes people so sure that Angle will be in 2K18? I thought the last report on those negotiations was that Kurt wanted WWE but WWE didn't want Kurt. Don't get me wrong. I would love Kurt in the games, but I just don't know how likely it is that he makes it.

Being in WWE and being in a WWE video game are completely different. Look at Randy Savage in WWE All-Stars and even this year with Goldberg as examples.

I'm not by any means saying he's coming back to WWE, but why does that exclude him from being in 2K18 if he isn't under contract to another wrestling organization?

This situation is different. Kurt doesn't want to just sign a legend's deal and be in games and have a DVD documentary on his career. He wants to compete. WWE doesn't want him to. So unless one or both sides change their minds, I can't see Kurt making it into 2K, anytime soon

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes people so sure that Angle will be in 2K18? I thought the last report on those negotiations was that Kurt wanted WWE but WWE didn't want Kurt. Don't get me wrong. I would love Kurt in the games, but I just don't know how likely it is that he makes it.

Being in WWE and being in a WWE video game are completely different. Look at Randy Savage in WWE All-Stars and even this year with Goldberg as examples.

I'm not by any means saying he's coming back to WWE, but why does that exclude him from being in 2K18 if he isn't under contract to another wrestling organization?

This situation is different. Kurt doesn't want to just sign a legend's deal and be in games and have a DVD documentary on his career. He wants to compete. WWE doesn't want him to. So unless one or both sides change their minds, I can't see Kurt making it into 2K, anytime soon

Does Goldberg have a WWE Legends contract? He has 0 merchandise, which is weird if he does have a contract. According to reports he signed a deal with 2K to be in the game (with WWE's approval).

I know for a fact Scott Steiner has never signed a WWE Legends contract yet he was in 2K14.

Does Goldberg have a WWE Legends contract? He has 0 merchandise, which is weird if he does have a contract. According to reports he signed a deal with 2K to be in the game (with WWE's approval).

I know for a fact Scott Steiner has never signed a WWE Legends contract yet he was in 2K14.

Well, shit. Nevermind.#Anglefor2K18

Yeah...game deals are different from legends contracts. I thought people knew that. Also, I think 2K must be throwing a LOT more money to the wrestlers than THQ did. Because there were some serious complaints from wrestlers (even Foley who never complains) about getting paid shit for the games...and in retrospect, that was when THQ was going under. So, 2K/Take 2 (whatever you want to call it) must be walking around with fat stacks for everybody these days.

Clarification: If you are in a current WWE contract, or a legends contract, you are obligated to be in the games if they want you in there. But...if you are a free agent, you can be paid straight-up. You don't necessarily need a WWE deal of any kind to be in the game.

My prediction for 2K18 is that Kurt Angle is the pre-order bonus ('99 Debut & Wrestling Machine versions) and Hogan returns. I don't think either will be DLC for 2K17.

I wonder if they would do a showcase mode next year focusing on Hogan.

I'm curious to know if Showcase will return and IF it is a selling point for people. I personally don't care to play historical moments in WWE games since it's not the same as watching the real thing. The games have very dull commentary for BIG moments among other various problems. The only benefit to Showcase is that you sometimes get obscure wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't make the game (ex: D'Lo Brown, Mikey Whipwreck, Tatsumi Fujinami, etc).

My prediction for 2K18 is that Kurt Angle is the pre-order bonus ('99 Debut & Wrestling Machine versions) and Hogan returns. I don't think either will be DLC for 2K17.

I'm curious to know if Showcase will return and IF it is a selling point for people. I personally don't care to play historical moments in WWE games since it's not the same as watching the real thing. The games have very dull commentary for BIG moments among other various problems. The only benefit to Showcase is that you sometimes get obscure wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't make the game (ex: D'Lo Brown, Mikey Whipwreck, Tatsumi Fujinami, etc).

To me personally, showcase mode was interesting. BUT I much preferred the Road to Wrestlemania style modes.

To me personally, showcase mode was interesting. BUT I much preferred the Road to Wrestlemania style modes.

I personally enjoy it because it allows me to relive the moments I loved watching. They could definitely make the commentary more realistic and accurate, but i think that's a problem with the entire game. Showcase also guarantee's more alumni and legends. If they could promise the same amount of legends or alumni (or more) without a showcase then I wouldn't be too disappointed. I enjoy universe more than anything anyway.

http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k17/article/wwe-2k17-dlc-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition-update

2K reveals WWE 2K17 DLC, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition details

A slew of new offerings from 2K will ensure that the fun is only just beginning when WWE 2K17 hits store shelves this fall.

On Thursday, 2K announced new details regarding its upcoming DLC, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition for WWE 2K17. The new content, which adds a new dose of WWEs past and present into the vaunted WWE video game series, will begin releasing in fall 2016 and will continue to do so into 2017.

Regarding WWE 2K17s DLC offerings

The upcoming WWE 2K17 downloadable content gives grappling gamers a new set of features and playable characters for the latest edition of the venerated WWE video game series.

This years WWE 2K17 DLC offerings include:

The Accelerator, available for a suggested price of $4.99, gives players instant access to all content within WWE 2K17s VC purchasable section (excluding DLC), plus control over rankings and attributes for all playable in-game characters.

The Future Stars Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, adds Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger to the playable roster.

The Hall of Fame Showcase, available for a suggested price of $9.99, allows players to recreate iconic battles from WWE history in their storied settings, including:

Cactus Jack & Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael P.S. Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)

The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts & Michael P.S. Hayes) vs. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)

Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)

Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)

Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)

Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)

Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

The Legends Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, boosts the playable roster with a collection of WWE Legends, including Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg The Hammer Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka.

MyPlayer Kick Start, available exclusively for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players control over their created Superstars rankings and immediate access to all clothing which provides attribute boosts in MyCareer mode.

The New Moves Pack, available for a suggested price of $3.99, provides a new set of maneuvers for players to add to their virtual arsenals in WWE 2K17, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by current WWE Raw Womens Champion Charlotte), the Elbro Drop (made popular by Zack Ryder), the Face Wash Combo (made popular by Samoa Joe) and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins).

The NXT Enhancement Pack, available to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players for a suggested price of $9.99, gives players access to Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura as playable characters, and 50 percent more points at the NXT level in MyCareer. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers can still gain access to this trio of NXT Superstars by obtaining the NXT Legacy Pack, which will be available for a suggested price of $4.99.

So the DLC characters looks something like this:

• Austin Aries
  • Luke Gallows
  • Karl Anderson
  • Tye Dillinger
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Eddie Guerrero
  • Brutus Beefcake
  • Greg Valentine
  • Sycho Sid
  • Tatanka
  • Kerry Von Erich
  • Kevin Von Erich
  • Ivory
  • Jacqueline
  • Michael Hayes
  • Jimmy Garvin
  • Buddy Roberts
  • Papa Shango
  • The Godfather
  • Albert (?)

Plus some alt attires for Sting, Big Show, Ric Flair, DDP, Cactus Jack and so on.

Future Stars Pack

Austin Aries

Karl Anderson

Luke Gallows

Mojo Rawley

Tye Dillinger

Hall of Fame Showcase

Albert (NPC?)

Big Boss Man '99

Big Show '99

Bret Hart '98

Buddy Roberts '86