WWE NEWS: WWE PLANNING MAJOR WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT SIMILAR TO THE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC FOR EARLY 2017

Quisee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true, then I'd love to see Santana Garrett, Candice LaRae, and Ivelisse (I know she's in LU, but she'd be welcome if she can somehow get in the tournament). Also some of the girls who had sporadic appreances on NXT would be likely: Evie, Deonna, Rachael Ellering,and Tessa Blanchard . Also if WWE buys out TNA (which I'm hearing is false rumors now) then Jade and Gail Kim please!!

Women that already appeared on NXT that might be in the tournament:

- Andrea

- Kay Lee Ray

- Leva Bates (Blue Pants)

- Evie

- Rachael Ellering

- Lea Vaughn

- Tessa Blanchard

- Santana Garrett

- Deonna Purazzo

- Crazy Mary Dobson (As Sara Dobson)

- Mia Yim (Currently as Jade in TNA so highly unlikely she will participate)

Hopefully I didn't forgot anyone. :D

Who I think might appear in this tournament additionaly which the chances being very high is Candice La Rae cause her husband is already working for the WWE additionaly right now (Johnny Gargano) and she is a awesome talent anyway.

Solo Darling would be very fun to watch too and I hope she get's a chance to enter too.

One of the most wanted for me would be Lufisto and Ivelisse!

I hope we will get a few surprises and that all the competing women will be "Outsiders" that are not appearing on the main roster or NXT.

A lot. But not all. The division had the likes of Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, Tara, and Cheerleader Melissa. Also does anyone remember the Japanese chick's name that was in the division around 2009? I liked her, too

A lot. But not all. The division had the likes of Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, Tara, and Cheerleader Melissa. Also died anyone remember the Japanese chick's name that was in the division around 2009? I liked her, too

Hamada

TNA had some good talent in the division but most of the better ones were barely used right.

Would love to see some returning faces (Mickie, Victoria, Melina, Molly, Jazz), would love to see them bring in a wide range of girls too. Mandy Leon, Barbi Hayden, Evie, Candice LeRae are a few names off the top of my head I'd love to see. Maybe the winner could earn a women's title shot (brand of her choice?)

Would love to see some returning faces (Mickie, Victoria, Melina, Molly, Jazz), would love to see them bring in a wide range of girls too. Mandy Leon, Barbi Hayden, Evie, Candice LeRae are a few names off the top of my head I'd love to see. Maybe the winner could earn a women's title shot (brand of her choice?)

Jazz and her husband (Rodney Mack) are suing for racism and shit. She won't be back.

If they try to sample a plethora of styles from all over the world and give the wrestlers freedom like they did with the CWC, this has the potential to be an awesome train wreck. Most female wrestlers are terrible because both fans and promoters have really low expectations of them. Imagine Christina Von Eerie vs. Mary Dobson in a twenty minute match where they can't use weapons. Imagine Sexy Star or Taya in a match without LU's amazing storytelling and production. That's the kind of garbage I'd hope to see from a tournament like this. On the other hand, it'd be interesting to see Mayu Iwatani carry some random glamour model to a four star match. I want to see Candice LeRae forced out of her comfort zone by wrestling a normal one on one match against another woman. I want to see them bring in an old, cranky, AJW veteran and put them in there with young, inexperienced indie wrestlers expecting it to go smoothly. I want to see one of my favorite wrestlers, Jazz, return. Bring Mickie Knuckles out of retirement and put her in there with a returning Torrie Wilson, or something. Basically, I want this to be a total cluster*censored*.

If they try to sample a plethora of styles from all over the world and give the wrestlers freedom like they did with the CWC, this has the potential to be an awesome train wreck. Most female wrestlers are terrible because both fans and promoters have really low expectations of them. Imagine Christina Von Eerie vs. Mary Dobson in a twenty minute match where they can't use weapons. Imagine Sexy Star or Taya in a match without LU's amazing storytelling and production. That's the kind of garbage I'd hope to see from a tournament like this. On the other hand, it'd be interesting to see Mayu Iwatani carry some random glamour model to a four star match. I want to see Candice LeRae forced out of her comfort zone by wrestling a normal one on one match against another woman. I want to see them bring in an old, cranky, AJW veteran and put them in there with young, inexperienced indie wrestlers expecting it to go smoothly. I want to see one of my favorite wrestlers, Jazz, return. Bring Mickie Knuckles out of retirement and put her in there with a returning Torrie Wilson, or something. Basically, I want this to be a total cluster*censored*.

I get what you're saying but I don't think that equates to them being terrible. One trick ponies? Yeah. Staying way beyond their potential ceiling? Yeah. But I think girls like Candice and Dobson are able to be good. They just do their shit and probably decay in areas that don't play into their niche role. Like you said, I'd like to see Candice do something other than being "that one chick that wrestles against guys", and try and work a match with even odds. I think this could be really fun; Either for your mentioned cluster*censored* OR to see them try something new. And if they surprise themselves, maybe we'll have them improve for good.

I get what you're saying but I don't think that equates to them being terrible. One trick ponies? Yeah. Staying way beyond their potential ceiling? Yeah. But I think girls like Candice and Dobson are able to be good. They just do their shit and probably decay in areas that don't play into their niche role. Like you said, I'd like to see Candice do something other than being "that one chick that wrestles against guys", and try and work a match with even odds. I think this could be really fun; Either for your mentioned cluster*censored* OR to see them try something new. And if they surprise themselves, maybe we'll have them improve for good.

I stand by what I said about most females being terrible, but I don't think Candice is terrible. She has her moments. But so did Sandman. And if you were going to survey a bunch of casual fans, they probably wouldn't have any nice things to say about Sandman, but they'd all praise Candice just because she's a girl. The fact is that they're actually very comparable wrestlers. They’re both really dependent on props, gimmicks, and their opponent. They’ve both been involved in some classic moments. But I don’t really want to watch them in an old school one on one match because they’re so average. I’ve seen Candice LeRae try to wrestle a normal match and it’s typical of what you’d expect from the average guy who has been wrestling in your local high school gym for a couple years. She's good, but one trick pony is a good way to describe her.

Dobson on the other hand, really is bad. Not the worst, but definitely bad. Once you get over the novelty of her being a hot girl that does death matches, you realize how awful she is. When I first discovered her I thought she had a lot of potential, but since then she’s been getting booked all over the place and based on what I’ve seen, she’s barely improved at all. I still like her because she’s cute and stuff, but wow. You would think with all of the buzz surrounding her she would have stepped up her game by now. Both she and Candice are charismatic, but I think Candice has a lot more staying power.
Like you said, even if these girls failed miserably in WWE, it would be fun to watch. I think Triple H listens to the fans and goes after the talent with the most hype. But personally, I don’t think he researches them as thoroughly as some fans would like to think. I think if they were to do a women’s tournament like this, they’d sign a bunch of hyped up wrestlers just assuming it’d go down like the CWC, but it wouldn’t be like that at all. It would be very interesting to see so many wrestlers who aren’t ready for TV get such a huge opportunity.

Archived