Brand New Info, Promo Engine, Fighting in Crowd, Highlight Reel back

kidd0

So, not seeing anyone else mention that taunts have apparently changed.

I'm hoping it means custom wake taunts are back

I'm going to guess that taunts have a bigger effect in some other way. Maybe effect things other than momentum.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all they said about taunt it was updated ( meaning adding new taunt. mabye other taunt than the one of the new wrestler included as been put in the taunt section. like i don tknow tj perkins taunt even if he isnt in the game . ect)

They would not mention taunt specifically if they just added more taunt animations.

I'm going to guess that taunts have a bigger effect in some other way. Maybe effect things other than momentum.

would love the ability to add taunts to moves like shamus comeback

would love the ability to add taunts to moves like shamus comeback

That`s an interesting idea, though I don't see it happening this year.

Not mad about showcase mode neing taken out, it was kinda of dumb to me after a few matches. You didn't really have that much control over it anyway.

I have wanted the backstage fighting back forever...only if it's like HCTP where you can go backstage anytime by going up to the stage. If it's like in the past where it's a backstage brawl mode...than they basically wasted their time by putting it back in the game lol.

I hope wake-up taunts are back. The generic charge finisher thing was lame. Especially since many of the wake-up taunts from the older games are still in the taunt section anyway.

I would like to be able to cancel taunts.

Really glad to see Victory taunts. We had those in No Mercy. Hopefully, like No Mercy we can select Apron/Top Rope/Corner taunts as well.

in the moveset database i've been keeping for years.....i've also been archiving taunts, not just moves. So i literally have hundreds of Victory animation "winning taunts" for over 200 wrestlers archived. Finally have a use for those other then the random No Mercy CAW i make every once in a blue moon

2K don't *Censored* around. This is clear.

I loved everything I read even though some implications can be made from their reason as to why there's no Showcase mode. I'm thinking they couldn't get Kurt in this joint because who else has Brock had an important feud with in his career that just can't be in the game? His feud with Punk can be skipped. I think Eddie always has a chance to be in the game. Gotta be Kurt. I don't care about Showcase mode but damn I want Kurt in this game.

Everything else though was fire. Universe Mode getting added focus, highlight reel back, the promo engine sounds especially interesting. Said something about ladders, I hope they're talking weapon physics and if they're talking weapon physics I hope they're also talking body physics.

when i googled "Brock Lesnars best matches" i found a top 10 list from April. They can only do about 4 of the 10 from that list by not having Kurt Angle/CM Punk/Hulk Hogan.

I have wanted the backstage fighting back forever...only if it's like HCTP where you can go backstage anytime by going up to the stage. If it's like in the past where it's a backstage brawl mode...than they basically wasted their time by putting it back in the game lol.

I agree. The "backstage brawl mode" sucks. I only want backstage fighting if it's like the SmackDown! games.

Hopefully 2KDev starts showing us bits and pieces soon - really hope that (as many of us suspect) the new submission system is an alternate one to last years and not just secondary as in for lesser moves, as I really hated playing 2K16 with any submission based wrestlers due to the system.

^Agree

Features

Match Creator

Custom Music

Create A Taunt

Create A Move

Gameplay Elements

Weapons physics of SvR 2011

Those are all the things missing or not mentioned that I would want back (ones in bold especially). I'm ecstatic of what I've heard so far tho. Sounds really promising.

my guess thr alt submission is basicly like strong and weak grapples as u now have a set for weak and strong submissions

also curious about the laddwe stuff as i thought the ladder matchs were good already

I think it means expanding the headlock stuff. it was pretty limited this year around

Archived