Brand New Info, Promo Engine, Fighting in Crowd, Highlight Reel back

kidd0

Create A Victory. Geez we haven't had that in this series since HCTP. It's about time it was brought back.

A lack of Showcase is certainly surprising but all good as it means that can focus on adding and improving other features.

Highlight Reel and Custom Trons being back is so welcoming.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm over the moon with this news. I cannot wait so are the improvements to universe mode as that's the mode which i spent most of my time playing, no matter how repetitive it was. Also the news of backstage brawls is great as I used to use them to progress storylines back when it was a match type. However the most exciting news is the create-a-victory mode, the winning animations for CAWS were so limited last year and some were unfitting for some, so I'm glad they've finally incorporated this!

I wonder if the fact they mentioned the brand split, and SmackDown Live as opposed to SmackDown, means they've got the new logos and arenas of both shows in the game? Maybe as alternates, like RAW '15 for the old arenas, and RAW '16 for the new ones? Not sure, and CC is there either way, but it would be awesome if they did.

Damnnnnn, this is sounding good. Never liked Showcase Mode, so this is good news to me. The fact they have worked on Universe Mode makes me happy. All the new gameplay stuff sounds great too, good stuff here.

After reading the creation features I'm excited that highlight reel is coming back, it'll also allow us to capture 2K-like screenshots as well. Also create a victory, that hasn't been in since HCTP! Hopefully they've add some new features & stuff in EAS this year as well, especially with hair & facial hair but I doubt it.

Two things that I hope are left out of the game...

1) That *censored*ing 1,000 logo limit that would prevent you from downloading any additional CAWs or Arenas. That limitation is complete bullshit.

2) Please, no more voice acting. That terrible voice acting was enough to make me disinterested in playing career mode. I'd rather just read the text in a "choose your own adventure" type format than to have to suffer through that horribly read dialogue.

Aside from that, I like the listed changes. Showcase mode really didn't do much to enhance anything about the game other than to give them an excuse to unlock a bunch of content in the game. That could be accomplished in many other ways.

I do wish we got to see a branching storyline mode similar to what we had in No Mercy. Merge what they did along with Day of Reckoning 2's season mode where you can select the various types of feuds among other options in booking/scheduling your shows. They definitely need to make Universe mode a lot deeper and more interactive in assigning feuds and styles of matches.

I hope the backstage areas are connected, like the old days, rather than a separate mode.

Either way sounds good, though the lack of a Showcase mode is disappointing only in that it was how some of the more obscure mid-card guys from the past got into the game. Without Showcase modes the Legends roster would be just the predictable guys.

Alright I'm pretty hyped right about now, 2K17 so far sound pretty promising.

The return of backstage and crowd areas is sweet as. My main concern is hopefully the frame rate drops and lag is fixed for matches with 6 superstars. And also, although this is probably not going to happen since 2K are going for the realistic approach but the return of all the match types from 2K14 would be nice. Story Designer & Create-A-Finisher would also be great additions to see again. Hopefully this is just a taste of what's to come.

Archived