Xbox One receives background music function in update. (Could this be a step towards custom themes?)

MikeM

Xbox One's latest update / upgrade features the ability to play custom soundtracks during games. I wonder if this could be utilised in WWE games to play custom entrance music?

To my knowledge, it's for the Pandora app only.

I watched the video about the update last night...and that's what it sounded like. And it's very much a "choose your station, put it in on the background, play your game" kind of thing...no real loophole for entrances only.

I still stick with my original idea, which is an mp3 upload feature to a private server (ie: the logos you download ONLY to your copy of the game)...that way there are no copyright concerns or worries about you sharing music. The songs only go to your copy, and you can hold like 25 of them or something limited. I don't need more than that anyway. Go to mp3 upload screen...generate code...go to website, put in code...upload file...done.

To my knowledge, it's for the Pandora app only.

I watched the video about the update last night...and that's what it sounded like. And it's very much a "choose your station, put it in on the background, play your game" kind of thing...no real loophole for entrances only.

I tried it with Groove Music today and it worked. Dragged music from my computer to OneDrive and it appeared on Groove Music

But I doubt we'll see any custom themes until like 2K19

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough

When did they have it on one console but not the other?

THQ did it. SvR 2008. They gave xbox360 custom music while ps3 POV entrance.

Fair enough

Fair enough

Fair enough

Heck the Xbox version of the SvR games had x2 the amount of Layers you could use on a CAW for several years.

thats the reason i always bought the Xbox versions over Playstation.

sucks that Xbox had the better WWE game community....and now its all gone. Community Creations is a wasteland on xbox compared to playstation

Fair enough

Fair enough

Heck the Xbox version of the SvR games had x2 the amount of Layers you could use on a CAW for several years.

thats the reason i always bought the Xbox versions over Playstation.

sucks that Xbox had the better WWE game community....and now its all gone. Community Creations is a wasteland on xbox compared to playstation

Another reason why I'm trading my Xbox One in for a PS4 in a couple of months, in fact WWE 2K17 may even be my first PS4 game (nah, it will be FIFA)

Archived