REPORT: SmackDown Getting NEW Women's and Tag Team Championship Belts

St★rstruck

WWE will soon be introducing new Women’s and Tag Team championship belts forSmackDown live, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

At this point, we don’t know when the belts will be introduced or what they will be called, but it seems inevitable, with the women and tag teams on SmackDown having nothing to fight for.

Here’s a look at SmackDown’s women’s and tag team divisions:

Women:

• Alexa Bliss
  • Becky Lynch
  • Carmella
  • Eva Marie
  • Maryse
  • Naomi
  • Natalya

Tag Teams:

• American Alpha
  • The Usos
  • The Vaudevillians
  • Breezango
  • The Ascension

Source: SeScoops.com

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new Women's title for Smackdown is so *censored*ing stupid. Makes everything they've done over the last 6 years seem pointless. Back to square one.

No it doesn't. If you want they could bring the Barbie Butterfly Bitch Belt back.

On another note I'm annoyed they missed the Hype Bros off that tag team list.

A new Women's title for Smackdown is so *censored*ing stupid. Makes everything they've done over the last 6 years seem pointless. Back to square one.

I totally agree.

Bringing in a Women's title for SmackDown sorta devalues the current Women's title that is on RAW, because it was unveiled for the first time at WrestleMania and it initialized a new era for female wrestling - getting rid of the term "diva" and going back to "women's wrestling" instead.

With two Women's title belts, it takes away from that moment at WrestleMania w/ Charlotte, Sasha and Becky competing for it and Charlotte becoming the inaugural title holder.

The Women's division should have been cross-branded, imo...but oh well.

No it doesn't. If you want they could bring the Barbie Butterfly Bitch Belt back.

Or nah, I simply want them to continue with one Women's title.

I do want you to stop posting though. Be nice to have one less guy who talks out of his ass. Would be beyond grateful.

Tbh, I was hoping that all the belts would just be cross brand and we would see the belts jumping from one show or the other, depending on who won them at PPV events. But this was entirely to be expected. WWE loves to convolute things. I'm still okay with it though.

Yeah, it would be way less convoluted to see belts jumping betweens brands...

I do want you to stop posting though. Be nice to have one less guy who talks out of his ass. Would be beyond grateful.

So people like Natalya, Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss have nothing to fight for?

Well I'm gonna post more just because you asked nicely. :)

Tbh, I was hoping that all the belts would just be cross brand and we would see the belts jumping from one show or the other, depending on who won them at PPV events. But this was entirely to be expected. WWE loves to convolute things. I'm still okay with it though.

It would, though...

Not all the time, but certainly a few times a year. We're going to have like...8 belts between two shows now. How is that less convoluted than having the belts split evenly...and every once in a while, a Raw superstar beats a SD superstar (or vice versa) in a cross-brand match and the belt jumps ship? That's way less convoluted than having 8 championships. You're gonna look back on history and be like "okay...Finn won this belt, but it doesn't count as this title, because it was changed to this...and that belt was exclusive to this brand, and it doesn't technically count as a reign for this division..." Whereas the alternative is something like "Finn won the WWE title at Survivor series in a cross-promotion matchup, and the belt went from Smackdown back to Raw for five months...until Smackdown won it back in a cross-promotional match at another event". Much more straight forward fort he history books.

It would, though...

Not all the time, but certainly a few times a year. We're going to have like...8 belts between two shows now. How is that less convoluted than having the belts split evenly...and every once in a while, a Raw superstar beats a SD superstar (or vice versa) in a cross-brand match and the belt jumps ship? That's way less convoluted than having 8 championships.

It's two different rosters. Just think of it as two different companies. Each company has it's own belts. Each company has it's own world title. How is it convoluted? Be reasonable, I can understand that you don't agree with 8 belts, I'd personally also prefer there only be one Women's championship and keep the Women's division to one brand, but to say that each brand having it's own belts is convoluted just doesn't make sense.

Or you know, just... you know what? Just hear me out. This might blow your mind. Just...

Make it cross-branded!

Amazing, right? Surreal what you can think of using common sense and simple logic.

It would, though...

Not all the time, but certainly a few times a year. We're going to have like...8 belts between two shows now. How is that less convoluted than having the belts split evenly...and every once in a while, a Raw superstar beats a SD superstar (or vice versa) in a cross-brand match and the belt jumps ship? That's way less convoluted than having 8 championships.

Which is actually 4 per brand, or 4 belts you can gun for at any one time. RAW superstars shouldn't be able to challenge for SmackDown's belts, and vice versa. I'd love it though if they were strict about each belt being the property of that show and should a superstar be drafted or traded away, their title is vacated.

It's two different rosters. Just think of it as two different companies. Each company has it's own belts. Each company has it's own world title. How is it convoluted? Be reasonable, I can understand that you don't agree with 8 belts, I'd personally also prefer there only be one Women's championship and keep the Women's division to one brand, but to say that each brand having it's own belts is convoluted just doesn't make sense.

But it's not two different companies...it's one.

And when it comes time to look at history and statistics, this is going to be a cluster*censored*.

Or you know, just... you know what? Just hear me out. This might blow your mind. Just...

Make it cross-branded!

Amazing, right? Surreal what you can think of using common sense and simple logic.

So go completely against the whole point of a brand split? Yes wonderful logic. How about we scrap all other belts and just have one world title that everyone guns for?

So go completely against the whole point of a brand split? Yes wonderful logic. How about we scrap all other belts and just have one world title that everyone guns for?

This sounds like the exact thing that most people want...(myself included) :lol:

So give the midcard absolutely nothing to fight over then? No tag, no IC, no US, no nothing?

Wouldn't techncially having more than one title actually be better? I mean the men have about 7000 and the women have one. Surely one title closer to the men is another step closer to being equal.

Anyway, they should've been brought in already. At the least with "the new champs will be crowned at Summerslam" or whatever

Make it cross-branded!

Yes, me saying there should only be one Women's title = they should scrap every single championship apart from the world title. Makes perfect sense, you slightly more literate version of Austin3035. Cross-branded feuds and storylines have always been a part of WWE, even in the earlier years of the brand split. It's nothing new and it's nothing complicated. Having one top prize in the company beats the lazy and predictable routine of creating a duplicate for almost every title because they can't be arsed going about it in a creative way. Then again, you're hardly the sharpest tool in the box and you've proven it once again. Continue pulling words out of your ass like it's nothing though.

Archived