WWE 2K17 Official Screenshots - ROMAN REIGN vs SAMI ZAYN CROWD + BACKSTAGE BRAWL + STAGE GAMEPLAY - Sep 10, 2016

.RyeE.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two different AJ Styles t-shirts in the crowd, if that doesn't confirm he's in then I don't know what will.

Hate to urinate on your pyro, but Charlotte's shirt was in the crowd in early 2k16 versions, doesn't mean anything really.

Yeah but Styles is in, he debuted 2 months before WM which is the cutoff date for the roster. I mean they managed to squeeze Samoa Joe in 2K16 as DLC and that dude debuted in like May, Styles debuted in January. I mean if they got Nakamura and Apollo Crews in, Styles is a lock.

Dudes a top merch seller and would be a reason some would be intrigued to buy the game, they'd be dumb not to include him.

Styles will be in.

Only big name that I'm on the fence about, is Asuka. And it's not even like they didn't have time to make it happen...but everything about her screams "wait till next year". She's a big enough selling point for the next game, she's a woman (so they don't necessarily feel obligated to include her), She's still on NXT (so they can just say that they didn't expect people to miss her so much)...etc. Would suck some major balls if she was out...but I could see it happening.

How does anyone even think for a second styles won't be in?

I don't know lol, its not like he just debuted last month, he debuted at the start of the year, 2 months before the cutoff date on the roster.

Ok Charlotte wasn't in 2K16 and her shirt was in the crowd, but thats *censored*ing Charlotte, she wasn't a top merch seller or a high priority at the time, plus she was in NXT i believe. AJ Styles is one of the top stars in the company.

I don't know lol, its not like he just debuted last month, he debuted at the start of the year, 2 months before the cutoff date on the roster.

Ok Charlotte wasn't in 2K16 and her shirt was in the crowd, but thats *censored*ing Charlotte, she wasn't a top merch seller or a high priority at the time, plus she was in NXT i believe. AJ Styles is one of the top stars in the company.

Yeah and it was wwe themselves that had charlotte, sasha, and becky removed for whatever reason. I'm sure they're not going to pull styles.

Styles will be in.

Only big name that I'm on the fence about, is Asuka. And it's not even like they didn't have time to make it happen...but everything about her screams "wait till next year". She's a big enough selling point for the next game, she's a woman (so they don't necessarily feel obligated to include her), She's still on NXT (so they can just say that they didn't expect people to miss her so much)...etc. Would suck some major balls if she was out...but I could see it happening.

Shes on the box for the nxt edition....ive never seen someone appear on the box itself and not be in the game.

Yeah and it was wwe themselves that had charlotte, sasha, and becky removed for whatever reason. I'm sure they're not going to pull styles.

Styles will be in.

Shes on the box for the nxt edition....ive never seen someone appear on the box itself and not be in the game.

Idk people are saying that just cause theres boxart doesn't confirm them in.

Lol thats nuts. I can see shirts in the crowd not confirming people (2k14- boss man and jim duggan shirts in the crowd, but they didnt appear- ledesna was with 2k and said boss man vs perfect wrestlemania 7 was planned, but did it was cut out due to time constraints explaining boss man's absence and duggan was planned dlc but didnt make the final roster) but boxart? C'mon thas ridiculous people. To put someone on the box is marketing them as part of the game.

Marketing people do unintentional and even intentionally deceiving things with packaging all the time. Asuka appears on the large box that the special edition comes in. Said box features stars of NXT...because it's the NXT edition. It's entirely possible that some graphic designer was told "use the top stars of NXT"...and that's exactly what they did. They had a large surface to cover with imagery, and it's entirely possible that they just threw random NXT people on there as an homage to NXT. It's not as if Asuka is on the game case itself. Saying the SE box confirms everyone seen on it is about as confirming as the trading cards that come with the SE also confirming people in the game.

And seriously...I'm not saying that everyone on the box/cards isn't in the game (they probably are). All I said was that Asuka being out of the game was something I could see happening. In the realm of possible things, Asuka not being in the game is one of those things. It's possible. Likely? No more so than anything else. But possible. Box art for the special edition does not act as definitive proof of anything. If you asked an official source from 2K, they'd probably tell you the same.

Lol thats nuts. I can see shirts in the crowd not confirming people (2k14- boss man and jim duggan shirts in the crowd, but they didnt appear- ledesna was with 2k and said boss man vs perfect wrestlemania 7 was planned, but did it was cut out due to time constraints explaining boss man's absence and duggan was planned dlc but didnt make the final roster) but boxart? C'mon thas ridiculous people. To put someone on the box is marketing them as part of the game.

I had that thought too at first and idk I could see them holding her off for DLC or for a marketing thing for next year similar to the 4hw last year.

I hope we get a new f5 this year since he's the cover star. The ones now are mostly garbage. They got rid of the one good one I liked from the ps2 days.

I agree i hate the F5's currently in the game, that one where the opponent wiggles around awkwardly after the F5 is garbage, hate the one where the opponent rolls after taking it. The only one i can stomach is the catapult one, no awkward selling, opponent just takes it. I'd be fine if they turned the catapult animation into a regular F5.

But yeah i hope we get a new F5, i'd love a version where the opponent takes the landing on their hip like most do nowadays.

I hope we get a new f5 this year since he's the cover star. The ones now are mostly garbage. They got rid of the one good one I liked from the ps2 days.

I agree i hate the F5's currently in the game, that one where the opponent wiggles around awkwardly after the F5 is garbage, hate the one where the opponent rolls after taking it. The only one i can stomach is the catapult one, no awkward selling, opponent just takes it. I'd be fine if they turned the catapult animation into a regular F5.

But yeah i hope we get a new F5, i'd love a version where the opponent takes the landing on their hip like most do nowadays.

Yeah I've been using the catapult one too lol. The animation is already there. They should just use it like you said.

F-5 2 is the catching one, isn't it? o.o

Either way...I don't really see any problem with the current F-5s

Its the way the opponent sells them is the problem, F51 has them wiggling around awkwardly after taking it, and F52 they go rolling across the ring. Theres no F5 where the opponent just hits the mat and is laid out, they all have a dumb selling animation. Except the catapult one, its the only one without a bad selling animation.

I hope we have the ability to switch WrestleMania 31 to night or day if we wanted. That's what I was hoping we'd be able to do in 2K16

I doubt this will happen, but it would be cool if you used Wrestlemania 31 arena in the Universe mode and later in the card you go, the darker it gets.

Its the way the opponent sells them is the problem, F51 has them wiggling around awkwardly after taking it, and F52 they go rolling across the ring. Theres no F5 where the opponent just hits the mat and is laid out, they all have a dumb selling animation. Except the catapult one, its the only one without a bad selling animation.

I hate the same thing about Sweet Chin Music.

I hate the same thing about Sweet Chin Music.

It's horrible, the selling, the animation, the way the opponent flops and turns after the kick. Who sells a super kick like that? We really need a new one badly.

Archived