NXT Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly doubt anybody is debuting three weeks before NXT Takeover: San Antonio.

That went well.

Come on man. His sources were wrong. If we can excuse Dave Meltzer, we can excuse our friendly neighbourhood Assaultdriver.

But...Dave Meltzer was right about said person going back to WWE, wasn't he?

Last months article from Bleacher Report on Julie Real

Julie Real: Everything You Need to Know About New WWE Developmental Signee

Long read

"WWE reportedly nabbed itself a jack-of-all-trades performer in Julie Real.

From singing to striking, Real has a number of talents at her disposal. She will soon get to use those to progress through the WWE developmental system.

Real recently revealed on Instagram that she has signed with the world's top wrestling promotion.

She wrote in a post, which she later deleted (h/t Wally Downes Jr. of The Sun), "So everyone wonders why I'm always MIA. Well, this is why I've been working towards dreams and proud to say I am now officially signed with WWE!"

Unlike when Asuka and Ember Moon scored WWE deals, there is little fanfare for Real's arrival. Most fans simply don't know who she is.

For starters, her real name is Julia Ho.

As she mentioned in an interview before a Mosley Showdown event, she's from Virginia. The resume she built before earning a spot at WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, is quite varied. Real has been a singer, model, ring girl and MMA fighter.

Her YouTube page features a handful of clips of her dancing and singing. She also lent her voice to the song "Sunshine" by Dedi Roc:

As a model, she has worked at a number of car shows, including 2016's Hot Import Nights Del Mar. Real has been generous in sharing images of her other model work on her Instagram account, as well.

She's also had several gigs as a ring girl, including for the Mosley Showdown company.

Eventually, though, she moved from posing outside the ring to fighting inside it. The 5'3" WWE prospect previously studied the art of grappling at Blackhouse MMA.

She adopted the nickname WillKilla, as in Julia "WillKilla" Ho.

As noted on MixedMartialArts.com, Real is 2-0 in her career. Her first win came in 2011 when she defeated Betty Huck by unanimous decision at the One World MMA DC Max VI event. Real followed that up the next year by choking out Evelyn Johnson in the second round at Cage Fury Fighting Championships 18.

She's since decided to trade in her fighting gloves for wrestling boots.

Downes Jr. noted that Real "had been training at the gym owned by former cruiserweight champion Brian Kendrick." Squared Circle Sirens reported in September that Real was set to attend a WWE tryout. Clearly, company officials liked what they saw.

Her versatile background will aid her in her pursuit of becoming a WWE Superstar.

Her modeling experience will be helpful with all the photo shoots and promo work required of a wrestler. Her singing ability may become part of her gimmick as it did for Aiden English. And her brief stint in the MMA world will be a boost when it comes to the physical side of the wrestling game.

Still, the road to NXT and eventually WWE proper is a long, arduous one. At least Real will be well-armed when making that journey."

At least Hero has access to the Performace Center again, then again NXT travels now so he just might do what he usually does.

Which is eat?

I don't know what Hero does in his spare time. Whatever he's doing, it made him an incredible wrestler.

From what I remember in his ROH days a decade ago, him and Cesaro were the same size. So what happened?

Here's what he wrote on Reddit about his weight.

In developmental you're weighed every Monday. You're told it's not so much about a "number" than it is a certain look. At my fittest in WWE I weighed in at 197 (I was typically in the 220 range and had just finished a juice fast). This was a month before I was terminated which makes it ABSURD that some cling on to the rumor that I was let go because I was LAZY and SKIPPING WORKOUTS. Yes, there was a time in early 2013 where I was sat for a number of months to motivate me to get into better shape. I did. Those who are unaware can watch my last few NXT matches: Harper x2, Breeze, Rusev.

It was actually hard to gain any weight there because of how much we worked out, how much we trained & how often we had shows. Ask some of the guys about the training schedule at the PC in Summer 2013.

I've definitely put on weight. My weight was on a slow incline for the first 9-10 months I was back. I threw my back out last summer (brutal back spasms.. muscular, nothing spinal or disc related). This took a long while to rehabilitate from. I only took one booking off and maintained a full schedule of 10ish shows a month. Should I have taken a few extra bookings off? Debatable.

I was tipping the scales at 260 at one point. I'm now fluctuating from 235-245 w/ a small goal of losing another 20ish. I actually had some blood work done 2 weeks back. I was aware of a mild thyroid issue from late 2011 but my TSH came back this time at 9.23. My Dr. wrote "Wow" on my charts, heh. I'm starting prescriptions this week & eager to see how this improves my overall condition.

What you look like is calories in v. calories out right? Sometimes the chemistry decides to throw some salt in your gas tank.

Re: the fat shaming.. With wrestling I also quote Jimmy Jacobs: "If it's good, it's good." Same goes for humor w/ me. If it's funny, it's funny. I don't mind being the butt of jokes. I'm often laughing at myself. I'm clearly okay being in the public eye. I don't feel the need for exterior validation. It's nice to have but, at the end of the day, I have to be happy with myself.

It's difficult to train & eat right on the road but it CAN be done. It's about establishing habits and patterns. If you want it enough (regardless of what 'it' is) you'll find a way to make it happen.

Archived