How "recent" will the roster be?

How about the new logo and preaentation? The game will be outdated then.

It's not really an issue, because the game is always structured around the time between one Wrestlemania and the next one. In this case...31 to 32

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only issue will be career mode and theme songs but we can do the brand extension if we want in universe and exhibition. New logos and arenas won't be a big deal either, thanx to custom logos in community creations!

As well as new titles because of create a championship, We of course know the solution to outdated attires.

Surely they can put the draft update in? THQ did with SDVSRAW2006 and that draft lasted over a month?

SvR 2006 had a Universe mode?

It was GM mode if I recall. Was also in '08.

I meant as the default rosters, on the career mode the rosters were pre draft but say if you was doing an exhibition match then Batista was on sd and Cena was on Raw and so forth
You can always change that yourself in the WWE games. Atleast since SvR'11
I know you can easily change it lol

but they have a bunch of other work to do beside wrestlers isnt the teams lik 20 or 30 guys

All it is, is allocating wrestlers to certain categories. Don't call it WWE 2K17, when career mode is based off of Autumn 2016c lol.

Allocate wrestlers to certain divisions, stables. Communicate on a forum here, to update attires before release date, then combine into an update file, copy the titantrons/themes off of WWE (hell be lazy use a youtubetomp3) ha. These are all little tweaks, or just give us access to things as custom entrance themes like in the other thread, and won't be a necessity.

Actually, another perspective as dumb as it sounds.. Wouldn't be bothered about attires and if wrestlers aren't on the game, if the entrance music themes are customisable, Some of the caws look like they've been made officially, same with attires. Then they do something dumb and restrict this being used on career mode, because the foundation is the universe from the year prior..

Frustrating as HELL!

Ps I totally get where you're coming from though and perspective of yours. Want the game to be a success, put work in. Like FIFA, 100x more popular than WWE. Every Thursday there's an update, where things such as football boots are changed because the footballer changed weekend before. Even generic footballers in lower division gets haircut, next update it's done. Down to high socks etc.. Sometimes it has to be done.

Employ some people off of here! Jesus, age of Sandow for example, should be their move set guy.

1. they can only use the music and themes wwe gives them

2.but ur not understanding they have a time limit most moveset guys and create wrestlers guys here take days to weeks to make move set or a caw of one guy perfect they have over a hundred to do plus everything else even then 2k say it takes them 3 days to make one gu

3. fifa is more popular that why they get updated WWE games are not plus fifa isnt as up close as WWE games are and people spend loads for player coins or cards or packs or what ever they use

It's 2016.

Every updated move set is on here for example, by people who are not employed by 2k. Gonna release a game, do it properly. Want to make profit give us what we want. It's simple. Or just give us option. "It's too hard and not enough time" is the worst thing ever and not a valid reason. Hell communicate with WWE and wrestlers. Research. It's a international hundred million selling game? (In terms of money not actual copies sold). Branch communications. People on this forum, who don't earn a cent, make the most authentic things going. So branch out, ask them to make the move sets, get someone to validate them, allocate to wrestler, pay them. Trust me, their a money orientated business, want more income, give us what we want.

They have 3 months to update attires. Face scans can be done months prior to when the wrestler appears. Communication with WWE and a non disclosure. At the very least Extreme Rules, that's 6 *censored*ing months. Game should be out in beta at least 3 months before. So 3 months to do authencity and little tweaks.

they make profit ever year they give us the option to change move sets there no wrestling game out there that can even touch wwe games

why would they do that why pay some random person online no plus the game has to be done and sent out so they can make how many 10,000 of thousands of copies to be seal and ready to ship before release date

i think you have no idea how long it takes to make a game

so trying to get a up to date wrestling game as it never going to happen as it impossible to do in the wrestling

The Football Manager series pay fans to help them with the players, which is a much smaller game series.

I think most of the attires will be based on Wrestlemania and maybe some till Extreme Rules. Regarding the roster usually they just update the current brand and Champions until Summerslam. Still hoping they could add a new championship if ever WWE decided to have a separate World Champion on each brand. I hate creating the belt since it is not authentic and does not have the Title Graphics before the title match introductions.

And seeing that they have already changed their RAW and SD logos this will suck since 99.9% it will not be in the final product of the game.

I really hope AJ doesn't have his WM attire since he's never wore it again since WM. Really hope we get his black and white attire, at least with that it'd be easy to switch some colors and make his black and blue attire easily. Whereas with the WM attire you can't really do anything with it.

Surely they can put the draft update in? THQ did with SDVSRAW2006 and that draft lasted over a month?

SvR 2006 had a Universe mode?

It was GM mode if I recall. Was also in '08.

I meant as the default rosters, on the career mode the rosters were pre draft but say if you was doing an exhibition match then Batista was on sd and Cena was on Raw and so forth
You can always change that yourself in the WWE games. Atleast since SvR'11
I know you can easily change it lol

Then why did you even ask o.o

You could just create or download any of his attires though with custom logos. I bet there will be tons of TNA attires on community creations!

I know but it'd be more convenient t to have it as his default attire instead of having to use a created attire. Because odds are i'd never use his WM attire and i wouldn't want the default attire to be wasted on an attire he's only wore once.

Despite how out of date the game may be come release, I feel like the WWE games always give you plenty of creation options/modes to make it as up to date as you want to, as long as you're willing to put the time in.

Hell, I just booted up 2K16 for the first time in months this week and updated a bunch of attired and changed the rosters to match the WWE draft... The game seems up to date when I play it now thanks to all the great CAWs people bring out. The only thing missing is entrance videos and music.

just like to pipe in. 2k did reach out for movesets for 2k17 and had a contest in their forums. although, they're so out of touch with the fan-base, it's ridiculous.

Have you seen the people on 2Ks forums? I'd want to be out of touch with them too.

Does anyone actually know when the cut off date is?

They said countless times there isn't one but people go on and on about the mystical cut off date all the time

@AOS agree 100 percent agree.

@Bushy lol, 100% outdated logos, arenas, titles etc. Think possibly, will be the most outdated game for a 2k17 title, genuinely should be taken off.. (Before the creation suite).

As I said 1000x times.

Let caws/updated attires sync to mycareer

Custom entrance songs.

I'm totally *censored*ing happy. Think after how outdated it's gonna be, they're gonna have too.. Only way to compromise with the fans, the situation and fact it's a 2k17 title..

Honestly at this point and by 2016, WWE/2k have no excuses......FIFA can do it, UFC can do it!! There's no reason why they can't update and patch things into the game post release. They've been pretty open about the actual development process and time frame, so by it's 4 year with the game engine, they really have no reason not to be able to change things.

I'd much prefer to see a ( Dead or Alive 5/SF V/ Killer Instinct) scenario when they make an 'ultimate' version and just continue to add on to it, versus they yearly installments.

^ wrestling characters are MUCH MUCH MUCH more difficult to do right in video games than football players.

A single character model, with moves and entrance is created over the course of weeks. It is a lot of work.

^ wrestling characters are MUCH MUCH MUCH more difficult to do right in video games than football players.

A single character model, with moves and entrance is created over the course of weeks. It is a lot of work.

is there actual proof of this? sure it can be hard to bring someone in, but I can't imagine why that would take weeks to actually do

Can't believe people still think it just takes a snap of a finger and BOOM! instant character. There a lot of detail, movements, animations, setting up that goes into this. They need to schedule someone to do the motion capture, the equipment, do the moves, work on setting up the move set. They have to create the clothes. The models. Get the music.

And to top that off, WWE wants a yearly game. The WWE wants you to have to buy the new game for the new people. And even if that weren't the case, it's still more work than the other games which have less going into each character.

is there actual proof of this? sure it can be hard to bring someone in, but I can't imagine why that would take weeks to actually do

2k said this in a post on their forums last year.

No it's bollox. Especially as they use platform of prior game and moves etc. It's like they're going on that they have to re record every move each year.. And every wrestler.

Add more to the out of dateness. Now titles, template arena, ppvs, along with the rest.

Genuinely need to rename it. It's barely gonna be in date with 2016 let alone 2017.. Lol.

It's like FIFA 17, being a Autumn 2015 leagues and roster.. Fake advertisement lol.

And if they took less time doing that stupid one play value showcase bollox, game would be 100x better..

Archived