Aqfitz's Wrestling Design

Aqfitz

This will be my topic for posters I make for Indy Promotions. I currently only work with one Promotion at the moment. As always, feedback is always appreciated

This is out upcoming show
qiFosm9.jpg

Our August Show
UnGhulp.jpg

Our previous show
K37Af5Y.jpg

The main feedback I have is that everything is cut so close to the edge, giving it some more breathing room is going to make it stick out more and not feel so crowded.

So instead of having it so close, I would have some space around to sort of emphasise the information

http://i.imgur.com/eXoPjdy.png
like this (except not a sloppy content aware job)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been to some shows that feature these wrestlers, it was called Covey Pro. They had their last show about a year ago, but I vividly remember Shea and Big Buddha. Some great work by the way!

I've been to some shows that feature these wrestlers, it was called Covey Pro. They had their last show about a year ago, but I vividly remember Shea and Big Buddha. Some great work by the way!

I was the photographer for Covey Pro. I miss it greatly :(

I was the photographer for Covey Pro. I miss it greatly :(

It had such a great atmosphere, and for awhile it seemed like the best promotion around the WV area considering the amount of ex-WWE stars showing up like Mickie James or Tatanka :\ But I'm glad there's still some wrestling around the area, and that alot of Covey guys still wrestle in these promotions.

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool.

As a general rule, I have to say that I like the one that has the people in black and white. The fact that the wrestlers are in black and white helps keep the focus on the text itself. And I don't think they always have to be black and white...but being monotone (any single color)...like I said, I think it helps keep the focus where it needs to be. Draws the eyes to the details. Also helps the promotion look uniform. Helps cut down on the wrestlers looking like a hodgepodge of random people...and more like they're all connected. Wrestlers in monotone, nice bold font for the details. That's what I would stick with. But I ain't paying your bills...so keep doing what the promotion wants. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool.

As a general rule, I have to say that I like the one that has the people in black and white. The fact that the wrestlers are in black and white helps keep the focus on the text itself. And I don't think they always have to be black and white...but being monotone (any single color)...like I said, I think it helps keep the focus where it needs to be. Draws the eyes to the details. Also helps the promotion look uniform. Helps cut down on the wrestlers looking like a hodgepodge of random people...and more like they're all connected. Wrestlers in monotone, nice bold font for the details. That's what I would stick with. But I ain't paying your bills...so keep doing what the promotion wants. :lol:

Appreciate the feedback. I've been lucky so far that most of my clients have given me a lot of creative freedom for the posters.

d6RCgEu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yaM00sy.png

" Starring " is misspelled in this. Just thought you should know

Further proof that I need a *censored*ing proofreader. Guy never got this logo anyway since he *censored*ed me over before I finished it.

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a more basic poster for this months ATCW show. Worst thing as a designer is when you can't find a decent promo shot of workers because they took them with their shit phones.

COWHDHv.jpg

Archived