Brock Lesnar Flagged For Potential USADA Drug Test Faliure; WWE Releases Statement

Lunchbox

It's still unclear if Brock Lesnar will be penalized by WWE for his USADA drug-test failure.

WWE released a statement regarding Lesnar's potential USADA anti-doping violation Friday night and it said very little.

"Brock Lesnar has not performed for WWE since WrestleMania and is not scheduled to return until Sunday, August 21," the statement read.

Lesnar was initially supposed to appear on television before that return date, per MMA Fighting's Dave Meltzer, but the statement makes it sound like that will no longer be the case.

Wrestlemania was April 3. Aug. 21 is the date of WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view event. It still remains hazy whether or not WWE will discipline Lesnar at all. Typically, the pro-wrestling company has suspended fighters for failed drug tests, even if they were conducted by other organizations, in the past. But first-time violators of WWE's wellness policy are usually issued a 30-day suspension, which would still allow Lesnar to be at SummerSlam.

Lesnar, 39, defeated Mark Hunt by unanimous decision at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. It was his first UFC fight since 2011. The MMA promotion gave him an exemption from its rule that states a retired athlete has to notify USADA four months out of a return so as to be placed in the drug-testing pool. Lesnar was tested eight times in the last five weeks. A June 28 test caught a banned substance and USADA was notified by the lab July 14, per the UFC.

USADA has not released the name of the prohibited drug that Lesnar tested for and won't until the completion of his adjudication process, unless Lesnar comments on it publicly himself. Lesnar is provisionally suspended currently, but no complete sanction will be placed on him by USADA until the completion of the results management process.

Lesnar will also have to go before the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC), which has jurisdiction due to his fight with Hunt being in Las Vegas.

Source - MMAFighting.com

I'm thinking this means WWE might not actually do anything since he wasn't actively competing with the company also as a way to keep their testing legit? Like well he never failed a test while wrestling here.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE should at least fine him. a 30 day suspension is pointless when he's not even there. no one should be exempt. if Vince's new golden boy isn't, neither should lesnar. oh, and lets not forget, WWE fired Billy Gunn for a non WWE drug test.

WWE should at least fine him. a 30 day suspension is pointless when he's not even there. no one should be exempt. if Vince's new golden boy isn't, neither should lesnar. oh, and lets not forget, WWE fired Billy Gunn for a non WWE drug test.

Billy Gunn was around the Performance Center everyday while taking that substance so he was fired to protect the notion of him passing stuff out to the young guys. Brock is a whole different situation where he is literally around for like 30 days all year

But he was using drugs, which is a no-no. What if he was wrestling in WWE while using?

Using drugs is not a no-brainerno. It's a personal issue of the people doing so. If he was wrestling while being under influence, he would have failed a WWE wellness policy test.

I agree, it doesn't matter whose test he failed. WWE should not tolerate this kind of behavior. He should definitely be thoroughly punished for his actions! I say try to make the fans feel bad for him and give him a title shot at the next 'B' pay-per-view. That's how that works, right?

I agree, it doesn't matter whose test he failed. WWE should not tolerate this kind of behavior. He should definitely be thoroughly punished for his actions! I say try to make the fans feel bad for him and give him a title shot at the next 'B' pay-per-view. That's how that works, right?

Or have him sell a kick to the face. That will show him.

Flawless execution with this post.

Mark Hunt is not putting up with this shit. He said he wants half of Lesnar's purse, or he's leaving UFC.

"I said (to the UFC), 'If you don't give me half his (expletive), I'm walking away from this company, I want out of here. This is rubbish'," Hunt said on Friday.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-mark-hunt-erupts-after-brock-lesnar-flagged-for-potential-doping-violation-071616

Nah, just ask him to work a match using more than just Suplexes and F-5. That'll surely teach him.

Nah, just ask him to work a match using more than just Suplexes and F-5. That'll surely teach him.

Whoa whoa. Are you Crazy? This is a little bit too far.

Archived